• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: What is he good 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksarp

It's simple..Neny would be great as an 8, but he is not a traditional 6. It strikes me that Coq isn't a Wenger type of player so he is wasting on the bench. I contend that Coq is our best 6 and Neny our 8 in waiting.

Wenger in typical fashion though plays Ramsey at 8 and Neny at 6, s duo that clearly isn't effective..but what do I know?

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Its obvious that Wenger is trying to recreate the Arteta - Ramsey combination of 2013. But while El Neny might be close to Arteta in terms of ball retention he doesn't come near him as far as in game intelligence and reading of the movement is concerned. Hope he can pick up a few tips from Arteta as long as he's here.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I'm not an Arsenal fan, but dear Lord, you guys are talking about Elneny like he's garbage. Do you guys realize that he does the underrated stuff that doesn't matter in FIFA? He's a manager's dream.

Elneny is not the reason Arsenal is falling apart, it's because you continue to have horrendous CBs like Mertesacker and strikers like Giroud. Your team jumped up in quality simply by signing Cech. Your entire team is a collection of "wait until next year!" and you finally have a midfielder who does all the right things and you're calling him a squaddie?

I think a big part of it is that he's from Egypt, if he was from France or something, he'd be your savior. The fact that he can win your player of the month, two months in a row, and you call him a squaddie, it's just funny.

Anyway, I come in peace, and wish you all the best, just had to get that off my chest.

:confused: WTF is that all about bro?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
People thought he played well? I thought he was dreadful but perhaps I was blinded by wanting Coq to start.

He could step up his game next season with this period acting as bit of a pre-season but if he continues like this than he's just yet another average player.

Reactions: BBF

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
bob_cat_the_builder_by_captainscratch-d4jb2cd.jpg
Aah ****, one of the more compliant kitties. Fair enough :mad:

Oh, the ramsey bashing!El neny is a good solid squad player, but no he was not doing the job of 3 against man city, he couldn't tackle for his life.Got outmuscled by smaller players. Ramsey has been nowhere near good but leave this bullshit out that he wasn't doing his defensive work.

StoppageTime

Yeah, we're definitely dominating games in midfield aren't we...

Look, we don't need some randomer telling us what are problems are, and what they aren't. Midfield is a problem, and has been for 10 years now. We have problems across the field, and El Nenny doesn't address that/

He's played 10 games total for us and won two player of the months.

Laughable to criticize him tbh

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I like him, seems other fans do too, he won the Vitality player of the month award twice in a row. With us seemingly interested in Xhaka, Elneny will perhaps occupy a squad role. He's a great option, to have him as a willing runner when trying to close a game out will be ideal.

Xhaka kills two birds with one stone IMO, gives us the deep lying creator our style of play cries out for and it also means Ramsey's performances in the middle of the park would improve. I hope we get that one over the line, Xhaka and Wilshere would be a beautiful little partnership.

Last edited:

General

Established Member
I think his game lacks aggression but he can only get better. He was allowing Aguero to drift all over the place and would let him off the hook after pinning him down when we under the cosh. I think that dink over the top by De Bruyne which Aguero smashed just wide with his left foot was the final straw. That was his man and he let him go. I like him but he does come across as a bit of a wanderer at times. Coq is definitely a better more all round defensive midfielder and is more determined in winning back the ball but Wenger's team selections this season has defied logic at times. First he couldn't get in the team ahead of Flamini, Coq returns to take Flamini's spot and now he's lost it to a player who couldn't displace Flamini.

I've said it before that Wenger no longer rates the defensive midfield position and hasn't done for a long time. He will always sacrifice it for more attacking freedom. This is why we get lousy players like Flamini deployed there and suffer at least one hammering every season.
I'm assuming he's playing Elneny because he's a bit more forward thinking than Coquelin.

BBF

Look.

When he's doing jack within 2 years time I'll drop you a message and let you know about how I was right.

I'm expecting a proper apology. Flowers, chocolates, dinner etc etc.

Godwin1

Very well-known
He's average as **** being honest, I hope we intend to use him as a rotation player rather than an Arteta type turd.

Reactions: BBF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom