• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Rumours - Summer 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The Pogba hate in these last few posts seems a tad forced. He is in all honesty one of the top talents in world football. By all means he isn't the finished article and isn't worth 100million but that's the world we live in these days.
Isn't it obvious?:lol:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

All this time I thought United were in the CL. Wow, football is completely broken.

More than hilarious. 120m for a Box to box midfielder just better than Ramsey at actually completing those tricks and flicks. And heading. What a day to be alive!

Btw, Adidas are a joke. All day dreaming about sex is vulgar and immoral.

If it makes you feel better, we are 'only' paying 110m Euros total for him. Juve get 100, Raiola takes 10. Thats about 92m total, or 84m to Juve.

Worth it? Depends on who you are asking. If you wanted a Ford Fiesta built in February of 2002, what you would be willing to pay for that car is more than another guy who is just looking for a second hand Fiesta. Pogba is who Jose wanted, and has chased for 2 summers running now. There's literally no other midfielder similar to him.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
If it makes you feel better, we are 'only' paying 110m Euros total for him. Juve get 100, Raiola takes 10. Thats about 92m total, or 84m to Juve.

Worth it? Depends on who you are asking. If you wanted a Ford Fiesta built in February of 2002, what you would be willing to pay for that car is more than another guy who is just looking for a second hand Fiesta. Pogba is who Jose wanted, and has chased for 2 summers running now. There's literally no other midfielder similar to him.
Congratulations on deciphering what is going on in here, Sherlock Jones.

Proof

Established Member
I may be wrong but I believe that Florentino Perez doesn't want a black player with superstar status to be one of the key figures of Real Madrid.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I may be wrong but I believe that Florentino Perez doesn't want a black player with superstar status to be one of the key figures of Real Madrid.
Yep, I said I would believe this until he proved otherwise. I think it was Casillas' agent who first said this.

G0D

Almighty
Didn't Perez sign Ronaldo way back then? (the real Brazilian one).

Lollipoppins

AM's Chef de Cuisine
Ah yeah, the backlash is truly underway...
Higuain on leaving Napoli.

"In order not to lose face, the chairman of SSC Napoli enormously loaded his former player , saying it was a " traitor " guided only by money. This Thursday , in presentation press conference in Turin , the new Juventino replied.

"I mean to De Laurentiis that I did not share his way of thinking . I took this decision because it was he who pushed me to take it. Thank Juve . I thank my sponsors and the fans of Naples but not De Laurentiis . The problem is that I no longer had any relationship with him. The problem is that I no longer wanted to be with him , " denounced the scorer of the Old Lady , trying to light a fire against , even though he knows he will not have the best role in this resounding transfer that still shocked many in Italy, and not only for the amount."

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Which great marquee black players could he have really signed though? I think this all stems from the Makelele sale. Honestly, all their managers have been 'Yes men' over the years aside from Mourinho/Zidane who added a real work-ethic with Khedira/Casemiro respectively.

Right now, they've got a Champions League winning midfield and it's actually well balanced, feel Casemiro is very underrated. Not sure why there's an expectation to sign Pogba for £100m when you have Kroos/Modric. Personally think Marcelo is one of their key players. Pepe, Casemiro and Navas are also darker toned players.

Last edited:

House MD

you are spending stupid money on a player that was yours 3 years ago. Its patetic, even if he turns out to be a good signing, its patetic and speak volumes about how damaged your club is. First Mourinho, then this, i would be ashamed if i was a untied fan,.
Funny thing is you are dropping out of the CL this season again and Mou is going to leave a bigger mess that the one he found.

As I said money is irrelevant to United as we are extremely well run. Pogba is definitely one of the best CMs, which is why zidane wants him, Barca wanted him but none of them could afford him. We can.

Mourinho is a winner. Whether you like him or not, that's a fact. He is no saint. But neither was Fergie. So I'll take mourinho over Wenger or Moyes or van gaal anyday and most football fans would too.

Goonerozil33

As I said money is irrelevant to United as we are extremely well run. Pogba is definitely one of the best CMs, which is why zidane wants him, Barca wanted him but none of them could afford him. We can.

Mourinho is a winner. Whether you like him or not, that's a fact. He is no saint. But neither was Fergie. So I'll take mourinho over Wenger or Moyes or van gaal anyday and most football fans would too.
Buying Pogba for 120 million does not make mourinho a winner. It is easier to buy players when you are paying them more than 200k per week. Mourinho was an excellent manager till around 2010 when he won a treble with Inter. After that he had more trophy less seasons and as many meltdowns as his league wins. He has 2 league wins and 2 cup victory in his last 6 years of management. That too with the richest club in the world and with third richest in England. Now he has taken over the richest club in England. And as usual he buys players by spending a lot of cash. I don t know how he is a winner even now. If he wins something with Man U in the next 3 years then we can say he is back. At least for now, he is not that amazing a coach(based on the past 6 years)

dysphoria

Established Member
Watch as pogba never goes on to justify his 10o mil fee, granted, it's an extremely ambitious statement of intent by mourinho and united but there are only 2 players in the world who can justify that kind of fee and pogba is definitely not one of them, not even close.

Still, with this signing, as much as i truly feel that the man definitely lost the plot and has not been honest with us for a long time, this 100mil transfer does point towards the ridiculousness that wenger loves to bring up with regards to transfers, football is now a business commodity first and sport second, shame really but that's the reality of the situation. Still, considering i'm a gooner and my club seems incapable/unwilling of making transfers happen even when we do need them, perhaps i'm being overly critical and showing my jealousy?

Still, **** it, i hope yanited fail as they have been, mourinho implodes as he is capable of and pogba ruptures his tendons as he attempts a dap, **** the lot.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
How can this be the way to run any business, particularly a football club. You have an asset that you bought for 175K then sell it for nothing and buy it back 4 years later for 175M. Something doesn't add up there. He's a great talent but talk about mis-managemnt of funds. UTD. have wasted so much money in the last 3 years it's a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 29

tumbleweed GIF

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom