• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfer Rumours - Summer 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
The worst thing is that the shenanigans of the Manchester clubs is spoiling the market for the rest of us. They give 100m to juventus who gives 100m to Napoli who will give it to someone else thus messing up the entire market. I'd love for them to finish outside the cl again

House MD

Buying Pogba for 120 million does not make mourinho a winner. It is easier to buy players when you are paying them more than 200k per week. Mourinho was an excellent manager till around 2010 when he won a treble with Inter. After that he had more trophy less seasons and as many meltdowns as his league wins. He has 2 league wins and 2 cup victory in his last 6 years of management. That too with the richest club in the world and with third richest in England. Now he has taken over the richest club in England. And as usual he buys players by spending a lot of cash. I don t know how he is a winner even now. If he wins something with Man U in the next 3 years then we can say he is back. At least for now, he is not that amazing a coach(based on the past 6 years)

The past 6 years he reached the SF of CL 4 times. That too with a Real that hadn't reached past QF for 6 years or so previously. He didn't win more at RM only because he had to face arguably the best team of the last 15 years in Barca at their peak.

As for spending money, it's not like other managers don't spend. Guardiola spent lots and even now seems like he will cross 150m quite easily (if the sane stones and Jesus signings are completed) and he is also considered a big manager.

He took over 2 broken teams. A RM team which was below par for years and a Chelsea team which was declining after messing around with sub par managers like AvB Di matteo and Rafa. He has done the same now as well with united. He won a league title with Madrid and Chelsea irrespective so if the trend continues he will win the league with us too and we will be happy with that.

And if the managers are not backed by the owners/board it's equally poor. Perez is known for buying unnecessary toys and selling key players. Very few can survive there. Ancelotti won a CL there yet was sacked the following season. Roman too didn't back mourinho in buying stones (and earlier Shaw). He didn't bid the 45m that could have seen stones at Chelsea instead bought djilobodji and all. Pogba came to United to play under mourinho as we didn't have CL.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Guardiola completetly revamped Barca and created one of the best teams of all time, Mourinho won the CL with Porto.

Both incredible achievements but since then they've gone on to manage in one horse races or have had ridiculous resources at their disposal.

You give Guardiola the benefit of the doubt because what he did was more recent and ground breaking, since 2004 what has Mourinho done except come in, spend tons, win and then implode?

He gets you results but I think there's many better managers, who could do the same or better if they had his spending power and reputation. Hell, for all of Wenger's flaws I think Wenger would beat him if he could spend 100M on players.:lol:

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
@House MD please don't write such a long thing about mourinho on here.

He's an unprofessional egotist tool, end of.
This is an arsenal forum, and a transfer rumours thread.

Im saying. Nobody on A-M wants to see you United clowns defending Mourinho or the ridiculous amount of money spent on buying a player you lost for free a few years ago.

Go back to Red Cafe or go to Reddit or something if you want to talk with other, non United, supporters. Why you guys spend a majority of time on a Arsenal forum is beyond me.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This transfer market is simply absurd. Now Raiola is denying a deal for Pogba and blasting the media.

Mino Raiola

✔@MinoRaiola

Journalist = parrots
No deal done between Clubs
Its a game between Italy press and UK press who announce it first and who is worse.

11:44 - 29 Juil 2016
looks like the agent fee not payed yet. until the fatty get his money the deal will be done.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
He gets you results but I think there's many better managers, who could do the same or better if they had his spending power and reputation. Hell, for all of Wenger's flaws I think Wenger would beat him if he could spend 100M on players.:lol:

Not sure about that. Both Van Gaal and Pellegrini in recent memory came into the league, spend a ****load of money and failed. Pellegrini was rated by seemingly everyone when he took over City, so I'm not sure who these "many better managers" would be.

Man City has generally been a failed project. Some domestic success, sure, but a pile of **** in Europe. Both Mancini and Pellegrini severely under-performed, and both spent a ton of money.

Mourinho has a lot of flaws, but he's still got a record of ostensibly guaranteed short-term success, something a lot of other managers have struggled to deliver.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Can we move this Mourinho convo to the Mourinho thread? As far as I know, despite his successes he is still and will always be a vile human being, so let's talk about him where he belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom