• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: The Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Chambers will probably die a slow death here.

The Debuchy injury really screwed him and led him to having no role in the team once Bellerin came on the scene.

Can see Holding being third choice over Gabriel come the end of the season if he isn't loaned out.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Really like what I've seen of Holding so far. Seems like quite the steal. Will be interesting to see what the next 6 months have for him.

Hope Chambers gets loaned out tbh. Like the lad, but needs to get some time and experience. He won't be getting that here I fear.

Impact

Established Member
Chambers and Holding are not competing long-term to make it here. Mertesacker will leave soon and Koscielny is nearing the end of his career. Gabriel is rubbish too. Reckon both of them and Bielik can have a future here if managed correctly.

Personally think Chambers is getting a lot of unwarranted stick. He's in poor form but he does have ability. Holding's performances so far haven't shown me anything better than when Calum first stepped in in matches like Besiktas away.

Wenger needs to get a proper CB next to Koscielny and give these two time and space to develop.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Chambers and Holding are not competing long-term to make it here. Mertesacker will leave soon and Koscielny is nearing the end of his career. Gabriel is rubbish too. Reckon both of them and Bielik can have a future here if managed correctly.

Personally think Chambers is getting a lot of unwarranted stick. He's in poor form but he does have ability. Holding's performances so far haven't shown me anything better than when Calum first stepped in in matches like Besiktas away.

Wenger needs to get a proper CB next to Koscielny and give these two time and space to develop.

This is exactly what neither needs though. Chambers was somewhat of a regular at Southampton the year before we signed him, he also played a fair bit when he first came here - no coincidence he plays better the more he plays. Bar one roasting for Montero he was class then he was dropped and has been on the decline since. Granted at Championship level but Holding was a regular at Bolton, he won't improve by not playing hardly.

Chambers should be loaned, no idea why we aren't actively tryng to do this and Holding should be in rotation.

GypRosetti

This is exactly what neither needs though. Chambers was somewhat of a regular at Southampton the year before we signed him, he also played a fair bit when he first came here - no coincidence he plays better the more he plays. Bar one roasting for Montero he was class then he was dropped and has been on the decline since. Granted at Championship level but Holding was a regular at Bolton, he won't improve by not playing hardly.

Chambers should be loaned, no idea why we aren't actively tryng to do this and Holding should be in rotation.

Chambers had like what 12 appearances in total at Southampton. He's doesn't belong at a big club to be honest. I've watched him play for England U21's and even then he's looked suspect.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Thrilled to have him as 3rd choice (now with Mustafi coming in) for the coming games. He'll be featuring very often this season.

Impact

Established Member
How did he perform today? Missed the game. Any hiccups?

Another solid performance. 7/10. He looks very good aerially and is quite composed when defending. Rarely rushes into an unnecessary tackle. Having said that, he can play a pass but at times is too relaxed in possession. Had a moment today where he gave Koscielny an underhit pass that could have led to a goalscoring opportunity. I'd still start him after the international break.

Mudi

I really like what I saw today. Calm on the defense, good strength, great positioning, ... He reminds me more of a versatile Mertesacker than Koscielny which is very good as Mustafi has more or less the same style as Koscielny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom