• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBF

They're invested, so they have to be a certain way. When they cross the line, they have to support. Saying that, Ive heard our fans piss and moan throughout games... and then there's the boos.

Yeah, but you wouldn't hear anyone call Coquelin a clogger in Holloway road is what I meant.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I've been saying that Wenger would win the title if he had all his big boys available every game (Kos, Mustafi, Cazorla, Alexis, Özil) but the reality is that injuries are always going to occur and he hasn't been able to adapt his team when they do hit.
True, with Jenko for Bellerin you're asking for trouble. Same with Gabriel for Mustafi. To some extent Xhaka for Santi, although he might come good when he gets used to the Prem.

Squad depth counts more for us because our injury rate is so high.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Past few years can't be defended but attacking him for our poor years after the Emirates move is very harsh.

Quite a few articles out there on just had bad we had it financial, how true they are we'll never know. E.g Why Ox wasn't playing.

noon

This fear that we'll collapse if wenger leaves is irrational and childish, were Marley a top 4 candidate with wenger, any manager can make us a top 4 candidate, I would get it if we were winning titles.

only Manu, barca and real have higher wage bill than us in world football, we have ridiculous amount of talent in that squad, although it is an unbalanced squad. In what planet are we becoming like Sp**s?

Only Liverpool had more league titles than us when wenger came, how is our history/future dependent on wenger? We're always going to be one of the biggest clubs in England.

all we need is a new manager to balance this squad, organise us and inject abit of inspiration in this club like kloop and conte has done for thir clubs.

The squads of the top 4/5 (arsenal, Chelsea Man City, Manu and potentialaly Liverpool) in England are rather similar in strength, and considering the amount of tv money coming in it is going to be that way for the next 10 years.

We're a big boy in the richest league in the world, man city's oil money cannot buy them everybody, we can basically buy from any league/club in the world and build a balanced quality squad

the oil money are no longer an advantage, having a bright manager is. Wenger needs to go

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

@Makingtrax I didn't say that, though.....I said Conte showed after the defeat to us that he's willing to change his ways in order to be successful, and their recent run of form proves that.
Do you believe we'll destroy Chelsea in February at Stamford Bridge like we did at the Emirates?

Regarding the rest of your post - of course he's beaten many other managers, he's been in the League for twenty years, bar Ferguson no other manager achieved that. The fact that his record against certain managers is so poor, regardless of the money involved, suggests that there are deeper issues. I don't think that's an outrageous statement at all.
Maybe Conte will have Wenger's number, but he'll have to hurry up about it because the year of the 'long shots' is about to finish :lol:

What a f*** year, as you said in your profile post. Leicester, Brexit, Trump all massive outsider odds. Nostradamus himself didn't see that lot coming ffs.

TriniGunner

I think we got unlucky with Rodgers getting sacked when he did.

We might have been able to line up Klopp for this season.

My only problem with Klopp's teams is that he doesn't pay enough attention to defending but...his teams are a joy to watch when they're going forward. I always rated Conte...ALWAYS! He's the kind of manager that motivates his teams and gets the last oomph out of the players. He focuses on defending and sets his teams up to attack at the same time. I've said it here already, Conte with this current Arsenal squad would already be about 6 points ahead in the league just by him not taking any crap or half assed performances from his players in training and on the pitch.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
If you look at the list of Prem managers over the last 20 years what have the majority got in common . . . they were fired.

Even if they're lucky enough to get a couple of good seasons they drop eventually. And then people say stupid things like they must have been sh*t. There's only two reasons manager's survive at the top A) They are exceptional, like SAF and Wenger or 2) They're lucky enough only to get the richest clubs like Pep and Mourinho so far . . . the rest come and go over time.
I don't disagree with that. I said it myself a week ago that Wenger has my support until the right man comes along. But using those numpties to cover up his recent failings is totally asinine and not a little desperate.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Frustrating thing is though is that a lot of the off field problems will likely continue that will prevent us pushing on as much as we should.

We all know the problems with our wage structure, but how does this get stripped if those who make the decesions have no football knowledge? Gabriel (60-70k) Mertesacker (100k) Jenkinson (45k!!!) just a few that are above their pay grade for their output/ability.

Would want to see us organise our transfers more effectively so we can stop wasting what we have on crap. Gabriel, Chambers, Elneny should never have been bought. We could have even bought a more suitable player than Perez had we given Alexis a chance at CF when Giroud entered his donkey period.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I don't disagree with that. I said it myself a week ago that Wenger has my support until the right man comes along. But using those numpties to cover up his recent failings is totally asinine and not a little desperate.
They're not numpties though mate. Some of them are good managers, who just weren't given the £650 million that Mourinho has over the last few years to be able to call themselves the special one. :lol:

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Off work yer gaping nunnie! Not two weeks from here. Count yourself Jurzled :drool:
:lol::lol: Jurzled? You wish. You've got a loooooong way to go to match the mighty Sepp. @SeppWurzl

When you can come up a put-down like 'Try to think of simpler things - like chicken', then you can use the word Jurzled.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This is not a thing, stop trying to make it one.
One thing ive learnt in here, is if it has anything to do with the indomitable Jury, then it will inevitably end up 'a thing' at some point.

#juryeffect #impressionable #currygoat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom