• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

If what's being said by Keown is true, this shows that the problems at our club truly run deep for such catastrophic mismanagement in not planning contingency replacements should Arsène retire.

Why stop there with the hope that he will sign on and condemning us to yet more false dawns. Just bring back Bruce Rioch to make this farce permanent.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He's a good manager. But no top club in England pulled the trigger on him for a reason. He's not sufficient calibre to manage here.
Guiding Aston Villa to three consecutive 6 place finishes in a row is quiet successful. What happened was United and City started taking their best players and O'Neill wanted the funds reinvested to push on to get into the CL.

Certainly at the time there was talk of Liverpool, England and United being interested. When he moved to Celtic there was huge shock that he moved there when teams across the EPL were looking him.

For what he has done with Ireland and Celtic he will always be a managerial great in my eyes. He

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Dream, Realistic, Wildcard, Squawka Selects: who should replace Arsène Wenger at Arsenal?

http://www.squawka.com/news/dream-r...-wenger-at-arsenal/897545#Xj5BpSMHAQQoVWAY.99

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The first one is bound to flop. All about the man after the replacement.

The Chilean or Allegri would be perfect down the line but can't see either moving to England this summer.

I'm looking forward to the clear out whoever comes. A good number of them I find more infuriating to watch than Wenger himself.... Atleast the man was once great! The players outside Özil, Alexis & Cech have achieved **** all.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The first one is bound to flop. All about the man after the replacement.

The Chilean or Allegri would be perfect down the line but can't see either moving to England this summer.

I'm looking forward to the clear out whoever comes. A good number of them I find more infuriating to watch than Wenger himself.... Atleast the man was once great! The players outside Özil, Alexis & Cech have achieved **** all.
CAZORLA.jpg

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If true, WTF are we as a club?

WTF is our board?

They clearly expect Wenger to continue hence feel there is no need for a succession plan at the moment. I suppose you could say there's no point planning for 2/3 years time because that's a very long time in football and managers can fail, switch clubs, not be available, etc so there's no point in having a succession plan until closer to the time Wenger does leave which the board believe to be in 2 or 3 years time and not now.

Tir Na Nog

He could always just not spend his money on Arsenal if he doesn't feel he's getting value for money...

There are plenty who spend similar money and yet back Wenger...

I can't edit posts anymore for some reason so I'll just have to quote this.

What's even worse is that for about 10 of those years we've overachieved (or at least achieved the bare minimum, but the consistency of it was probably a slight overachievement) yet he still feels as if he's owed something for those years. Perhaps he can feel somewhat aggrieved for the last couple of seasons when we have had more money but I hate when people just lump it all together as 12 years of failure. He was spending money for 10 of the 12 years watching good football, consistent CL football, constantly top four, constantly above Sp**s, good young exciting players all while having to make a profit on transfer every summer. And in two of those years we even won two FA Cups which people like him criticised us for not taking it seriously in the past.

This sense of entitlement some fans have is disgusting, it's no longer about supporting the team it's just expecting and demanding.

If you're not happy supporting the team, don't ****ing go, don't spend money on them and spend your time/money doing stuff that makes you happy. Spending money on something that makes you miserable and then whinging about is just ****ing moronic.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

They clearly expect Wenger to continue hence feel there is no need for a succession plan at the moment. I suppose you could say there's no point planning for 2/3 years time because that's a very long time in football and managers can fail, switch clubs, not be available, etc so there's no point in having a succession plan until closer to the time Wenger does leave which the board believe to be in 2 or 3 years time and not now.

That's just madness from the BoD though. Arsène might indeed call it quits at the end of the season despite the representations he's made or making to the board. A lot can happen between now and May. I wonder what failing to compete in the PL again and another early exit from the CL might do to Arsène's thought process, that might be where he just goes "well maybe I don't have what it takes to push this club forward anymore".

Not only is it madness from the board, it's them failing in their fiduciary duties. The board have to look after Arsenal FC first and foremost, not Arsène Wenger.

Tir Na Nog

That's just ******* from the BoD though. Arsène might indeed call it quits at the end of the season despite the representations he's made or making to the board. A lot can happen between now and May. I wonder what failing to compete in the PL again and another early exit from the CL might do to Arsène's thought process, that might be where he just goes "well maybe I don't have what it takes to push this club forward anymore".

Not only is it ******* from the board, it's them failing in their fiduciary duties. The board have to look after Arsenal FC first and foremost, not Arsène Wenger.

I agree, but they clearly believe Wenger is staying... or at the very least will try and do everything to persuade him to stay on.

9jagooner

Arsène Wenger is 67 years for goodness sake! So if he cannot for whatever reason continue as manager tomorrow, the board has no plan?

And what do you guys mean "entitlement"? Fans who pay hard earned cash should not have a say? Fans deserve to be heard and the more we continue to underachieve, the more toxic the atmosphere will be which is not ideal for the club. The number of fans who have moved from the WengerIn group to WengerOut over the past few years has increased and will continue to increase as long as results continue to go south. There are already talks of fighting among fans in the stands during games.
If this is how we want the club to end up, well you'll have it. Just keep the status quo

MagicalRozza

I can't edit posts anymore for some reason so I'll just have to quote this.

What's even worse is that for about 10 of those years we've overachieved (or at least achieved the bare minimum, but the consistency of it was probably a slight overachievement) yet he still feels as if he's owed something for those years. Perhaps he can feel somewhat aggrieved for the last couple of seasons when we have had more money but I hate when people just lump it all together as 12 years of failure. He was spending money for 10 of the 12 years watching good football, consistent CL football, constantly top four, constantly above Sp**s, good young exciting players all while having to make a profit on transfer every summer. And in two of those years we even won two FA Cups which people like him criticised us for not taking it seriously in the past.

This sense of entitlement some fans have is disgusting, it's no longer about supporting the team it's just expecting and demanding.

If you're not happy supporting the team, don't ****ing go, don't spend money on them and spend your time/money doing stuff that makes you happy. Spending money on something that makes you miserable and then whinging about is just ****ing moronic.
What the **** are you on about? He is just saying what all of us feel - fans have a voice. In his case he can justify it better than I for example could - showing how much he invested in the club. You can't demand that a lifelong Arsenal fan starts supporting another club which is organised more to his liking. The way the club is organised and managed is not some ****ing unquestionable religeous dogma that you can only accept or face eternal damnation. I don't think you can interprete his words as negating the last ten years of Arsenal's history. He is just saying how much he spent during that term. What's more worrying to me is that you would refuse the fans the right to question these issues. If you believe that the role of the fans is just to view and aplaud then perhaps you should start supporting the North Korea national team.

Tir Na Nog

What the **** are you on about? He is just saying what all of us feel - fans have a voice. In his case he can justify it better than I for example could - showing how much he invested in the club. You can't demand that a lifelong Arsenal fan starts supporting another club which is organised more to his liking. The way the club is organised and managed is not some ****ing unquestionable religeous dogma that you can only accept or face eternal damnation. I don't think you can interprete his words as negating the last ten years of Arsenal's history. He is just saying how much he spent during that term. What's more worrying to me is that you would refuse the fans the right to question these issues. If you believe that the role of the fans is just to view and aplaud then perhaps you should start supporting the North Korea national team.

Em... what? It's the entitlement I'm talking about. It's the fact he thinks him spending money means he's entitled to something when he's not. Take this hyperbole filled nonsense away from my sight please.

Everyone has a right to question the club, there's a difference between questioning the management and thinking you're entitled to demand something about the club.

CHOPS

Who to replace Wenger when or if he retires?
It's quite funny really the guys been here for twenty years and probably most people on these forums only know him as our Manager!
I'm not going to go too deep in what he's done for the club during that time because anyone with any kind of sense knows that!
All I will say is when you've watched supported The Arseal since the appointment of Sir Billy Wright you'll have seen just how hard it is to replace your predecessor.
Over all this time what I have seen is the'Next Manager' never has much time to prove himself no matter what with our fans,up until Rioch the Managers have been from within or associated with the club Wenger was our first 'foreign' success we've won the Premiership on three occasions and been runners up six times,won FACups when we probably shouldn't and lost Finals when we should've won but that's football.
And of course for twenty years we haven't been outside the top four and nineteen of those we've been above the ****!
To be honest I don't quite know who will replace him but I think it should be someone who has the passion for the club like he has definitely someone who demands respect from players and the fans,I would like to see a complete change and bring in Dennis Bergkamp,Tony Adams,Keown,Pires,Henry all onto the management team with Carlo Ancellotti at the top .
I think we're going to struggle under the present regime another season of this and people won't want to come here,we're missing out on too many players and trophy's as it is what's more if the **** start having any sort of success the fans will stay away!
Oh and bring back someone who knows about our club bring back David Dein onto the board and give the Russian control,this has been a wonderful dream that both you and I will never happen just a thought though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Top Bottom