• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

gun__1407751108_sanogo_trains1.jpg
**** off.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

He's 67 yo that's why - the older you get, the more wary/cautious you become. Think about it - if you're nearing pension age, you're not going to gear your entire portfolios to equities aren't you? You're pretty much going to be highly geared towards 'safe bets' like bonds, or just sticking with indexes.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
**** off.
:lol:

I love that he takes some punts on freebies, but jaysus Sanogo was one we should've paid to bin. Atleast he played a couple more games than the great Amaury Bischoff (which we somehow managed to sell/release, iirc).

arsmile

Established Member
He's 67 yo that's why - the older you get, the more wary/cautious you become. Think about it - if you're nearing pension age, you're not going to gear your entire portfolios to equities aren't you? You're pretty much going to be highly geared towards 'safe bets' like bonds, or just sticking with indexes.
this is true more directly in terms of the day to day running of a place too

I work in a place...the boss knows they are retiring in 3 years.

they have a vested interested in keeping everything as it is for the time being.

you go to them with new stuff and ideas and initiatives and they say "yeah that's possible...maybe you can do that once I leave"

any innovation risks complete failure obviously- when you've defined success in your own terms for that long- it's just never worth it.

once other stakeholders decide that your definition of success isn't good enough.....it can all get a bit....toxic

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Also I guess players like Mbappe and Dembele won't excite Wenger if he's planning to retire before they even come close to peaking.

On the contrary you would expect him to be the type to make sure the club has something to build on when he leaves though.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
A bit of turmoil certainly a strong possibility, but if the next few years placings were 12th 10th 5th 3rd 1st then thats fine with me.
I don't think many Gooners would survive three years in the wilderness especially if we were in the lower half or mid table. The absence of St Totteringham's Day would end a few. CL is a must for me when Wenger leaves.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't think many Gooners would survive three years in the wilderness especially if we were in the lower half or mid table. The absence of St Totteringham's Day would end a few. CL is a must for me when Wenger leaves.
:lol:If we dropped to 12th and 10th two years running, that manager would be out on his ear, like happens in other top clubs. Our board would not put up with that after Wenger's standards @freeglennhelder2 . Football is a cut throat world.

Last edited:

Preacher

Always Crying
I honestly can't wait for some of these comfortable players to get their world turned upside down when a new manager comes in. Don't really watch non English football anymore but had a quick look and I would only be happy with Simon, Allergy and Sampaoli.
Count me in. I'm waiting that too. I like to imagine, that it will be something like this. Wise words from new manager on his first day at Arsenal training ground to Sanogo, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Debuchy, Gibbs/Monreal, Ospina, Ramsey, Walcott, Gabriel, Campbell, Akpom and etc.:
:lol:

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
:lol:If we dropped to 12th and 10th two years running, that manager would be out on his ear, like happens in other top clubs. Our board would not put up with that after Wenger's standards @freeglennhelder2 . Football is a cut throat world.
Nor should they. Part of Wenger's legacy means the next manager should be in a position to move us on. If we finished 12, I'd personally sack him.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

100% expect the next manager after Wenger will be sacked after a few seasons. My guess has always been any success will come with the manager after that.

The person who steps into Wengers shoes is totally f****d in my opinion, wouldn't envy them the job.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
100% expect the next manager after Wenger will be sacked after a few seasons. My guess has always been any success will come with the manager after that.

The person who steps into Wengers shoes is totally f****d in my opinion, wouldn't envy them the job.
Totally agree with this.

The last three years have been 4th, 3rd, 2nd, with 2FACups and 3CL qualifications. If the fans are as angry as f*** with that, imagine what 12th and 10th would do.

Fans are fickle, look at Leicester ffs, one year after a title and the board and fans all disgruntled and Raniri's job on a knife edge.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

When you say "they would not survive" do you mean like going to drive their car off a cliff or just bugger off and support Chel$ki?

I'm totally prepared for a worst-case scenario of major disruption and dropping out the top 4. You should too!! Its a possibility if the transition goes wrong. S**t happens. I've celebrated a few championships in the street....I don't mind :lol: But yeah St. Totteringham's day has kept us all going, peaking in the legendary Lasagne incident.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Totally agree with this.

The last three years have been 4th, 3rd, 2nd, with 2FACups and 3CL qualifications. If the fans are as angry as f*** with that, imagine what 12th and 10th would do.

Fans are fickle, look at Leicester ffs, one year after a title and the board and fans all disgruntled and Raniri's job on a knife edge.
Well it's been 13 years of top 4 and no league challenge, with discontent only really springing up in a credible way in the last 3 seasons. Our fans are anything but fickle and I think the new manager will get patience from the fans that he wouldn't get from another top club in England. Of course 10th to 12th and he's gone.

Wonder when we're going to face facts that Wenger will most probably leave the club in a worse state than Ferguson did United though.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Totally agree with this.

How excited would you be though, eh? Not knowing where we'd finish for once... 12th, 9th, 6th... a point behind Sp**s! 3 in front of the mighty Everton?!!! FIRST???!!!!!

Oh to be a wide-eyed excited football fan again, ready to take whatever comes, and willing to give whoever the time to achieve it, while life grinds on relentlessly until we all die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom