• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Never thought it was a bad transfer. Secured a midfield general for the next decade, one of the best players in the world etc. Very young as well, you'd expect him to develop even more.

Weird how a player commanding such a fee can be so underrated.

Yeah, it's a good transfer, I meant the fee.

Never thought it was a bad transfer. Secured a midfield general for the next decade, one of the best players in the world etc. Very young as well, you'd expect him to develop even more.

Weird how a player commanding such a fee can be so underrated.

Think you have been overrating him for some time now. Decent player but hasnt show much since moving to United.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The Pogba fee attracted the attention it did because he was your own youth player. Even if he goes on to have a great career there it'll always be ridiculous that you had to pay close to 100M to bring him back.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Pogba fee won't be remembered soon as a lot of players break or push the 80M barrier.

Also to a club like Utd, it really is peanuts.

say yes

forum master baiter
We've got a lot of French boys, can see him picking us over City.

Not too sure about him defensively but he's a good player.

Not having a go, but I can't think of a single reason someone like Mendy would pick United over City at the moment.

Same city, they'll pay him just as much, better team, better manager and culture for a young player, attacking style etc.

Only thing United can really offer is the history which players don't care about.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Not having a go, but I can't think of a single reason someone like Mendy would pick United over City at the moment.

Same city, they'll pay him just as much, better team, better manager and culture for a young player, attacking style etc.

Only thing United can really offer is the history which players don't care about.

It's true tbf.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Zabaleta to Westham completed. Someone is getting out the garbage, and completing his deals. One week after the PL has over. Why they can and we don't ?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Zabaleta to Westham completed. Someone is getting out the garbage, and completing his deals. One week after the PL has over. Why they can and we don't ?
Pep has unlimited funds, very easy to do what he's doing.

We're on a budget, can't just make so many changes.

yorch44

Pep has unlimited funds, very easy to do what he's doing.

We're on a budget, can't just make so many changes.
Excuses, you don't need money for selling deadwood, instead you get money instead of losing it in wages for useless players. Maybe we have the money but we use it wrong. We spend £100 M last year. So we have money, but we finished out of CL. Is money the problem here?

Stepped in and became their best player immediately. Top 3 CM in the league, easily.

Lot of up and downs from him this season. Lot of games where he was invincible and lot of games where he struggled. That is coming from redcafe not here. You are clearly overrating him to counter some justified views on him from here this season.

Rate his season slightly above Xhaka first season, but the latter has been on his way up while Pogba has shown no improvement from Juventus days.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Excuses, you don't need money for selling deadwood, instead you get money instead of losing it in wages for useless players. Maybe we have the money but we use it wrong. We spend £100 M last year. So we have money, but we finished out of CL. Is money the problem here?

Yet they haven't sold anyone , just ran down their contracts.

yorch44

Yet they haven't sold anyone , just ran down their contracts.
We could do that, but we renew theirs every season like Walcott. If we don't get rid of them it is because the board is soft. Even if you get some peanuts, it is better to spending money in their wages. If we sell Gibbs and Walcott we could get £20 M and 150K per week. Give that to Alexis and Özil. And we have many players like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Top Bottom