• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Nottingham Forest 1 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday, May 20 | KO: 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamechannel

Arteta homers:
Blame the players/squad. We need 2 CBs, 1 LB, 1 RB, 2 CMs, 1 DM, 1 CF

Basically we need a whole new 11. This AFTER their homeboy has turned the entire squad over with players he signed/extended. But no blame on the Manager. The good old "The squad isn't good enough".

Reactions: Kav

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think other managers would have utilized the squad better. If Artetaball needs the first XI at all times to be fit and in form then we need to spend another £300m to get 16-17 quality players.
He limited in this regard i don't understand why maybe he just don't trust his squad players because we know they don't do the same the 1st team but at least play to thier strength. So the solution to have 18 players do what he ask for and that extremely complicated

TriniGunner

Bruv nobody did.
Yes but as a manager and leader, you adjust to the situation you're in. Leceister didn't say "nobody expected us to win" so we mess up the opportunity anyway. It's a BS excuse. We were in the driver's seat ALL SEASON and chose to throw away 2-0 leads and lose home games. We didn't need to Beat City home or away to win the league. We didn't need to win all our games either. What should be looked at is our ability to be consistent over 38 games and still we fall short...from winning positions. Some players need to go. We need 2 proper wing backs. We need a top class striker because Jesus isn't one. We need more dynamic midfield player alongside Ødegaard. Despite all this, this team has brought us some great moments this season and my only hope is that Arteta and the coaching staff looks the games we lost, the situations we faltered and address them ASAP.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
I am supportive of Arteta overall but looking from the outside in, it seems as if though he needs all the best ingredients to make his broth.
Hmm but did you expect this team to finish 2nd? If not, then arteta has served a much better broth with the ingredients at his disposal.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think other managers would have utilized the squad better. If Artetaball needs the first XI at all times to be fit and in form then we need to spend another £300m to get 16-17 quality players.

We might need to spend that, but without goals upfront, we will be in the same position again in future.

We need someone who can score goals, or create the conditions in the box for someone to attack and finish.

Passing it side to side against a block that wont move, is what we will face almost every week next season, no matter where we go.

Regista21

I love Arteta's work. But he has problems that are evident. One of them is how long he takes to make changes into the squad. Once he makes them, the squad works wonders for several matches, but the time he takes makes the team lose too many points.
Last season there was the Tavares situation on the LB. This season, the post-Saliba situation. Holding clearly wasn't able for the job. If you had so many doubts that Kiwior could play in the PL, why sign him in the Winter window? Why not look for a more experienced player that you was 100% sure that could perform? This sort of ilogical behaviour cost Arsenal the title.

SA Gunner

We won’t be back challenging next season on this evidence.

The boys are finished bro, that and dropped heads because of the title loss. Think back to the first half of the season. That's what a depth and more quality in the right areas brings you.

We'll be back.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Even the media doesn't seem care man city confirmed as champions but to be honest we already knew that since we lost against city.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Hmm but did you expect this team to finish 2nd? If not, then arteta has served a much better broth with the ingredients at his disposal.
Saying that, yes he could have done even better but failed at the end. Hopefully part of his learning curve

SA Gunner

Even the media doesn't seem care man city confirmed as champions but to be honest we already knew that since we lost against city.

Liverpool out the Champions League
Sp**s and Chelsea midtable rubbish.

But it will Arsenal who gets the most criticism.

That's why its best I just zone out and come back in July.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The first 5 games of next season will show us if the team juice over or not i don't count the last 2 games. Our players showed massive effort until man city game. Last season was worse because we were fighting until last matchday and lost 4th to Sp**s.

Well the signs will be in pre season too i believe the team will come back but manager have to help himself

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
It’s annoying that when we are in a bad run of form we find it really hard to snap out of it.

We don’t help ourselves to be honest. Hopefully has shown the higher ups who we can trust and who needs to go

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Definitely not. Arteta has exceeded all expectations this season for sure - we've had a fantastic season overall. I'm pointing out an observation that I have made, next season we're going to try to go from a mid-80 point team to a 90+ point team, the margins are wayyyy lower.

We might need to spend that, but without goals upfront, we will be in the same position again in future.

We need someone who can score goals, or create the conditions in the box for someone to attack and finish.

Passing it side to side against a block that wont move, is what we will face almost every week next season, no matter where we go.

I don't know, goals haven't been a problem for us this season (except for the last two games lol). We've conceded a stupid amount of goals over the last two months and that's what ultimately cost us. Against a low block it's imperative that we make overloads out wide otherwise you just get sterile side to side possession which is what we just witnessed.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Liverpool out the Champions League
Sp**s and Chelsea midtable rubbish.

But it will Arsenal who gets the most criticism.

That's why its best I just zone out and come back in July.
I hope our fans don't go negative mode because last games they just dead rubber and players mentally checked out its disappointing but they shouldn't focus on that

bergholt

Arteta homers:
Blame the players/squad. We need 2 CBs, 1 LB, 1 RB, 2 CMs, 1 DM, 1 CF

Basically we need a whole new 11. This AFTER their homeboy has turned the entire squad over with players he signed/extended. But no blame on the Manager. The good old "The squad isn't good enough".

Why not both? Seems that you’ve decided everyone else thinks Arteta’s perfect - I can’t see that sentiment anywhere. Think you might be fighting a straw man bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Arsenal & AC Milan have approached & probed the environment of Girona winger Viktor Tsygankov (26), who has a €30m release clause [Diarioas]

Latest posts

Top Bottom