• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka leaves Arsenal

Arsel

About the fvck off thing: He shouldnt have done that but so many of our fans are dumb pricks so i dont really care.
Football fans - by definition - are idiots.

Here's a great article from 2005, and it's much, much worse now. Any forum user who reads it and doesn't agree with it...?
Well...

The Emirates 'faithful' ( lol ) take it to a whole new level though.
Imbeciles.

But the saddest are the foreign fans, who think that by buying a shirt, being a red member, and posting on social media about 'their' team think that they are a 'fan'.

You are not a 'fan', you have severe personality defects.

Arsel

And you spotted this from Switzerland, how…?

:lol:

I was there and was surprised he was picked out but that was a dire period for the team.
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Oh dear, what kind of an argument is that?

My family has been Arsenal since The Arsenal moved to North London. We've had family and friends employed by the Club in all different positions, had Season Tickets when they weren't even necessary, we had 5 ( FIVE ) shares, that were treasured.

Do you know what happened on the 25th September, 2018?

I'm in Switzerland now because the Club I supported doesn't exist anymore.

Just have to ask: are you one of the Ultras?

Arsel

And you spotted this from Switzerland, how…?

I was there and was surprised he was picked out but that was a dire period for the team.
I heard Granit mouthed his disappointment directly at you.

Can you confirm?

Sulosky

I know I'm in the absolute minority, but I'm happy with Granit's departure. The last couple of seasons went well and Xhaka showed a great fighting look, but the team has progressed so much that the rotten wood is no longer holding the ship together. All the best to the guy, but it's time to say goodbye.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Bild are reporting now that the fee isn't €25m but the €15m as was originally reported. They have decent sources usually too unfortunately.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Oh dear, what kind of an argument is that?

My family has been Arsenal since The Arsenal moved to North London. We've had family and friends employed by the Club in all different positions, had Season Tickets when they weren't even necessary, we had 5 ( FIVE ) shares, that were treasured.

Do you know what happened on the 25th September, 2018?

I'm in Switzerland now because the Club I supported doesn't exist anymore.

Just have to ask: are you one of the Ultras?
If you owned five shares and had to suffer the indignity of being paid £30k each by Stan i‘m not surprised you live in Swiss tax exile.…

Perhaps your family are (perhaps understandably) bitter about being forced to sell, given the higher level at which the shares traded historically, but at the the end of the day they’re shares and the club is a business, at least till the revolution.

Fyi I’ve supported Arsenal for 50 years and have been a season ticket holder in one form or another for around 40.

The club was as badly run at every level during that short period under Emery (who was just an employee and by no means personally to blame any more than Granit, because he happened to have been made captain) as I can remember, certainly since Don Howe, when we used to chant for the return of Herbert Chapman…

Not really sure I follow your point though - you think those of us who have attended home games for decades are awful people (despite the evidence of last and season alone - the club reaps what it sows) - but also believe it “no longer exists” because it sold out, to the point your entire family felt obliged to leave the country and subsist on Toblerones?

Arsel

but also believe it “no longer exists” because it sold out, to the point your entire family felt obliged to leave the country and subsist on Toblerones?
I was the only one who left, with my Swiss wife.
Toblerone is ****.

The family are still in Kentish Town, and on the coast.

The old quote of 'there used to be a football club over there' used to make me laugh.

Now it makes me cry.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I was the only one who left, with my Swiss wife.
Toblerone is ****.

The family are still in Kentish Town, and on the coast.

The old quote of 'there used to be a football club over there' used to make me laugh.

Now it makes me cry.

My first house was in Kentish Town, back in 95. Much like Arsenal it’s gentrified since then, full of micro breweries and bearded hipsters.

But ultimately and if you really believe the club has sold out/evaporated why did you join this forum a few months back?

I just want the club I love to succeed. I think your fight is with the nature of modern sport and those who allowed interlopers and oligarchs to park tieir tanks on our lawn in the first place.

We can no more turn back the clock than return to playing with pig bladders.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Granit Xhaka has released the following statement upon his departure from Arsenal.

Gunners,

It's been some journey - and all that's left is for me to say thank you.
I've spent seven years at Arsenal. The club has become such an important part of my life -and it's not easy to leave. But now is the right time for a new adventure.
There are so many people I need to thank the managers I played for, all my team-mates and the staff behind the
scenes.
And I especially want to thank all of you. Everyone knows we've been through some tough times. But we came through them together and I'll never ever forget the feeling I had each time we won the FA Cup or whenever I heard you singing my name. Pure goosebumps!
I will always carry Arsenal in my heart. Once a Gunner, always a Gunner.
Thank you!!

++++

It goes without saying that Xhaka was one of the most underestimated players at Arsenal in recent years.

He had his periods when performances were not at par, but he was never the one to shy away from criticism. In fact that only made him stronger, and 99% of players would fold down and crumble down after that night in 2019.

He came back, was ready to fight for the club till his last drop, was willing to adapt his game in various positions: CDM, CM, LB, emergency CB, LCM and sometimes he even played as our farthest player making late runs into oppo box.

I am sure that as time goes by, his contribution will be appreciated and his absence will be hugely felt in the next season.

Finally, I am glad to see that Granit's tenure has come full circle even here in A-M. He was vilified and harshly judged with baseless accusations, however now we see the vast majority of A-M come to realize his importance and openly appreciate his contributions.

Personally I always admired his dedication. His Dad's history is so similar to that of mine and this related so much for me to support him in A-M during his highs and his lows.

Granit, falemnderit vlla, na ke bë krenar gjithë shqiptarinë dhe paq shëndet e çdo të mirë në karrierë 🇨🇭 🇽🇰 🇦🇱

View attachment 16580
Xhaka was a constant in one hell of a journey for the club and us fans. I recall absolutely fuming at Xhaka at times. Surely also unfairly at times. But like many fans I had to respect that he kept acting like a mature and solid professional! Through that professionalism and his improvements on the pitch he earned a ton of respect and left at the right time I feel. That final game was just golden. Two goals and almost a hat trick! 🔥 Like @BergMan I'll have to glance at Leverkusen's results next season. Hope he does well! 👍💯

Kav

Established Member
Even though he was part of the downfall, he more than helped us get back to where we are now.

What a story. The title would have made it a legendary one.

All the best to him.
So well said. He was a mixed bag and for many years he was a liability but he certainly redeemed himself in my eyes with his performances last year. Perhaps we all may have to rethink our positions about people who fail to thrive at the club.

Good luck to Granit wherever you go.

Arsel

My first house was in Kentish Town, back in 95. Much like Arsenal it’s gentrified since then, full of micro breweries and bearded hipsters.

But ultimately and if you really believe the club has sold out/evaporated why did you join this forum a few months back?

I just want the club I love to succeed. I think your fight is with the nature of modern sport and those who allowed interlopers and oligarchs to park tieir tanks on our lawn in the first place.

We can no more turn back the clock than return to playing with pig bladders.
Why did I join the forum? Hoping against hope that something might change sometime soon, I guess. But reading this forum it's just made me more sure that I took the right path, away from International Big-business, Arsenal PLC.

I promised myself that I'd never set foot in the Emirates unless my 'new team' played there, and I had the great luck to have that happen twice in a week last year, with first the Ladies team then the Mens Team playing there. I'll admit I cried like a baby when I walked into the Stadium, as I'd been in 'exactly the same Stadium' in Portugal a few times, and I couldn't believe that something as beautiful, individual and iconic as THOF had been replaced by this plastic toilet bowl.

Of course there was the conflicting emotions of being an away fan at an Arsenal home game, and having been to Highbury in the morning to say my hellos and farewells to friends and family and memories buried beneath N5 1BU, I was in a bit of a state, but walking to the ground, and the 90 mins. in the ground, especially in the men's game, made me appreciate what I have now, and feel so sorry for the soul-less and apathetic fans, Club and players that are now here.

Don't worry though, I am fighting here against Modern Football and will continue to do so until I breath my final breath.
I've also realised that you can love again, and that new-found love is so much more beautiful and intense when you've been given the chance to experience it again, as you can appreciate that it is something that you thought was never going to be possible again.

I wish you all the best in your life, kind stranger, and hope that your Arsenal gives you all the joy that you can wish for.

P.S. I don't want to turn the clock back to playing with pig bladders, as some advancements are quite clearly good and necessary, but there are times when enough is enough.

Forcing me and the other members of the family to sell my stake in OUR Club, that had been handed down to me by my father, and that was going to be passed on to my....you get the point, I hope.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.

I have my principles, and the Arsenal that I loved with all my heart has gone, but I'm glad that we were a small part in making that Club the greatest team the World has ever seen.

Arsenal of today?
A plastic, corporate entity with plastic, corporate fans.

Pah, you don't even call it 'THE' Arsenal any more.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Pretty mediocre Arsenal career all things considered, will be remembered for the wrong reasons.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Why did I join the forum? Hoping against hope that something might change sometime soon, I guess. But reading this forum it's just made me more sure that I took the right path, away from International Big-business, Arsenal PLC.

I promised myself that I'd never set foot in the Emirates unless my 'new team' played there, and I had the great luck to have that happen twice in a week last year, with first the Ladies team then the Mens Team playing there. I'll admit I cried like a baby when I walked into the Stadium, as I'd been in 'exactly the same Stadium' in Portugal a few times, and I couldn't believe that something as beautiful, individual and iconic as THOF had been replaced by this plastic toilet bowl.

Of course there was the conflicting emotions of being an away fan at an Arsenal home game, and having been to Highbury in the morning to say my hellos and farewells to friends and family and memories buried beneath N5 1BU, I was in a bit of a state, but walking to the ground, and the 90 mins. in the ground, especially in the men's game, made me appreciate what I have now, and feel so sorry for the soul-less and apathetic fans, Club and players that are now here.

Don't worry though, I am fighting here against Modern Football and will continue to do so until I breath my final breath.
I've also realised that you can love again, and that new-found love is so much more beautiful and intense when you've been given the chance to experience it again, as you can appreciate that it is something that you thought was never going to be possible again.

I wish you all the best in your life, kind stranger, and hope that your Arsenal gives you all the joy that you can wish for.

P.S. I don't want to turn the clock back to playing with pig bladders, as some advancements are quite clearly good and necessary, but there are times when enough is enough.

Forcing me and the other members of the family to sell my stake in OUR Club, that had been handed down to me by my father, and that was going to be passed on to my....you get the point, I hope.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.

I have my principles, and the Arsenal that I loved with all my heart has gone, but I'm glad that we were a small part in making that Club the greatest team the World has ever seen.

Arsenal of today?
A plastic, corporate entity with plastic, corporate fans.

Pah, you don't even call it 'THE' Arsenal any more.
Thanks for writing the post! Glad you found a new team to support! 👍

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Top Bottom