• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win English Super Cup | Arsenal 1 - 1 Manchester City | Sunday, August 6 | KO: 16:00 BST | ITV1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just like that, the new season is here...and what a way to get it properly started, the cup of cups!

Can we add to our glowing collection of Shields and start the season with a trophy...

main-qimg-c1c0bfec14283c9b7d3e55cf7722c9c1-lq

f4f3c266cbdc0d28891d10e77481d17d_crop_exact.jpg

arsenal-community-shield-winners.ashx

01h3ey7bnxt8m2mvd3ex.jpg

...going for our 16th title in this comp (and it is number 16, don't listen to wiki...as the one we "won" in 1991 (( my birth year too ffs 🤬 )) was actually shared with Sp**s of all teams, so that one can get right in the ****ing bin) and I reckon we will win it 2-1.

Win it for Gabby Jesus, lads!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@albakos you should let OnlyOne do the match thread for the Forest game if he wants to, since his Community Shield one kinda got merged into mine.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Great performance.

That was absolutely not a friendly. We’re going to be very serious this season.

rockofcashel

The funniest thing about the Redcafe lot, is their insistence that "despite spending 200 million", Arsenal have "pretty much the same starting 11 as last season"..

They don't seem to get.. that the "same starting 11 last season", would have won the league, if they'd managed two draws instead of losing twice to City..

That "same starting 11", we're and are, a long way ahead of everyone, except Man City.. who are, the top club team in Europe, and possibly the world

What 200 million has bought.. is depth.

That starting 11 today, are a year older, and a year wiser.. plus, they are now better equipped than last year, to deal with injuries, and loss of form

That "starting 11 today", could potentially have Jesus, Nketiah, and Trossard to come in if they need a goal

Have Smith Rowe, Viera, Reiss Nelson to come in, if they need to shore up the middle

Have Jorghino, El Neny to come in, if they need a holding midfielder

Have Tomiyasu, Zinchenko, Tierney, Kiwior to come in, if they need to shore up the defence

By next week, it looks like they may have Raya to come in, should Ramsdale need to be replaced

Right through every line of the pitch, Arsenal now have really good options

Maybe a back up for Saka is the only thing missing

That's what 200 million has bought

BIoodBrother

Havertz played the position well. on another day he finishes one of those 2 big chances and it would have been a very good performance. i liked that 4 CBs, Rice+Partey in front of them and Havertz ahead makes us such a big and defensively solid team. i think we are set up well for the season and for away games.
on the other hand it needed a deflection in the 100th minute for us and the way Partey was tricked by Foden was sad to see. Partey would be such a good player but he makes silly and costly mistakes in every other game, unlike Rice against whom he lost the ball last year at West Ham away, resulting in the penalty that started our downfall, when we were winning 0-2.. hopefully this game will break the city fear. i liked that we were able to create a couple of half chances in the end before the goal too. City sometimes are too good in these situations but we didnt stop going for it. Had the slightly better chances in total, but we didnt play against DeB+Haaland together yet.
Super happy for today and respect to the three new players that start to integrate well.
Lots of pointing going on. Sometimes Rice was showing Martinelli where to stand/go. I believe captains Rice and Ødegaard can lead us to glory.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
rodri.jpg

...honesty, Mitoma needs to write a dissertation on why this man never gets carded.

He could hit someone with a HHH-esque sledgehammer shot, and the ref would still just give him a talking to ffs!
One of a very small number of players I've seen over the past 40 years that I actually hope gets a major injury. Key for city, a massive cheat and diplomatic immunity afforded by all refs. Plus he's a nasty snide too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom