• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win English Super Cup | Arsenal 1 - 1 Manchester City | Sunday, August 6 | KO: 16:00 BST | ITV1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just like that, the new season is here...and what a way to get it properly started, the cup of cups!

Can we add to our glowing collection of Shields and start the season with a trophy...

main-qimg-c1c0bfec14283c9b7d3e55cf7722c9c1-lq

f4f3c266cbdc0d28891d10e77481d17d_crop_exact.jpg

arsenal-community-shield-winners.ashx

01h3ey7bnxt8m2mvd3ex.jpg

...going for our 16th title in this comp (and it is number 16, don't listen to wiki...as the one we "won" in 1991 (( my birth year too ffs 🤬 )) was actually shared with Sp**s of all teams, so that one can get right in the ****ing bin) and I reckon we will win it 2-1.

Win it for Gabby Jesus, lads!

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

bef014e493271cca6baf21fc815fe51f.jpg

manchester-city-fc-golden-logo-premier-league-blue-abstract-background-soccer.jpg

the-fa-community-shield-logo.png

Well well well, what an absolute cracker of a game to start the season off. If we win it's another trophy if we lose it's just a pre-season game.

I haven't been too impressed this pre-season but think we've spent a lot of time getting players minutes, new tactics and supporting the new guys to adapt to the team, I don't think much will have changed from last season in how we set up.

Team I'd go for: Ramsdale, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Timber, Partey, Ødegaard, Havertz, Saka, Nelli, Trossard.

I want Rice but not sure where he fits in at the moment and he hasn't played enough with Havertz or Partey yet, at least Thomas has his role down but I think we could get cut through very easily with that line-up.

Anyway, COYG Arsenal 1 - 1 City. Arsenal win on pens. Rambo the hero.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Both teams seem to not be playing their best, hopefully KDB doesn’t wake up for this one.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Chance to see where we are in comparison with City. Hopefully we field the same team that will start against Forest.

9jagooner

I don't think we are ready for the season. Arteta's insistence on not getting another striker plus tinkering all through the pre-season may come back to bite.
The positive is that City isn't playing too great too. However, it's City and they have the better team on paper so let's see.
For me, I think given our injury history, let's take this one easy and focus on the coming EPL games. Forest won't be easy.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

3-0 City if we’re being honest with ourselves.

Nah that’s not true Arsenal. We win this one with a scrappy goal while Haaland misses a load of sitters.

Everyone says we’ve got the mental advantage and are on top THEN we get piped 4-0 in both games this season.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Nah that’s not true Arsenal. We win this one with a scrappy goal while Haaland misses a load of sitters.

Everyone says we’ve got the mental advantage and are on top THEN we get piped 4-0 in both games this season.
Yeah I know what you mean but I have a feeling Man City will streamroll us on Sunday.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
early test to see where we are against those bastards i would like we not roll over like we always does against those bastards. give me good performance 2 goals at least.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
not sure if both will rotate because the league will start a week later but don't think either manager will want injures in this game. not sure what mikel gonna do injures and new signings i still not sure what midfield will start against nottingham and who the first choice LB and CF because of injures.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I'd go with our strongest line up possible

GK: Ramsdale
RB: White
CB: Saliba
CB:Gabriel
LB: Tierney
DCM: Rice
CM: Ødegaard
CM: Havertz
RW: Saka
LW: Martinelli
CF: Trossard

Timber has been impressive but I just feel White and KT are solid defensively and very consistent. So I'd rather play it safe with these two at Full back.

Moviegooner

Just like that, the new season is here...and what a way to get it properly started, the cup of cups!

Can we add to our glowing collection of Shields and start the season with a trophy...

main-qimg-c1c0bfec14283c9b7d3e55cf7722c9c1-lq

f4f3c266cbdc0d28891d10e77481d17d_crop_exact.jpg

arsenal-community-shield-winners.ashx

01h3ey7bnxt8m2mvd3ex.jpg

...going for our 16th title in this comp (and it is number 16, don't listen to wiki...as the one we "won" in 1991 (( my birth year too ffs 🤬 )) was actually shared with Sp**s of all teams, so that one can get right in the ****ing bin) and I reckon we will win it 2-1.

Win it for Gabby Jesus, lads!
2004 2015 and 2017 are missing !

Moviegooner

I'd go with our strongest line up possible

GK: Ramsdale
RB: White
CB: Saliba
CB:Gabriel
LB: Tierney
DCM: Rice
CM: Ødegaard
CM: Havertz
RW: Saka
LW: Martinelli
CF: Trossard

Timber has been impressive but I just feel White and KT are solid defensively and very consistent. So I'd rather play it safe with these two at Full back.
Tommy for Tierny. That Liverpool game last season at home and a few games after that he's been very strong at LB.
Other than that, it's the line-up I also would pick

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Expecting a fairly predictable lineup. The usual back four, Rice, Partey, Ødegaard with the expected fronted three, I think it'll be Trossard at CF. Havertz on the bench.

Tho I could also see him trying Eddie

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Some of these lineups without Timber in there are laughable. Zinchenko is injured therefore he’s pretty much nailed on to start.

Playing Ben White and Tierney together is useless to what Teta is trying to implement as none of them can invert plus Timber hasn’t done nothing to warrant being left on the bench. Maybe he should dye his hair blonde 🤷‍♂️

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Would be interesting to see how we approach City from an attack point of view. I dont want to see us be too aggressive in their first phase all the time, and give them a chance to target Haaland.

This is why they have been so successful against us in recent times IMO. We make it easy for them to attack our last line, with space behind because we want to attack attack.

Let them bring the ball into midfield and then we look to smother them in central areas. Lets do to them what every other manager looks to do.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I don't care about this match at all. In fact I hope Areta makes all the same mistakes as he did against City last year in this match that doesn't count and then brings out what he's been working on in the league for the matches that do. Don't show them anything new that Pep can work out a counter for. Just turn up and try to win showing them nothing new and if we lose, we lose. Bigger fish to fry if we want to be playing in this game again next year as reigning league champions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom