• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Not just his energy, but he got marked out of the game by Bissouma and Sarr. Those 2 are clearly more physical and stronger than him, but our other number 8 is useless and can't occupy them, making it easy for them to hit on Ødegaard

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Na, that’s my thing man. I’ll always exist here to counteract the negativity.

I will need to be banned to be stopped from doing my duty. I don’t enjoy it, but AM needs it.

Did you notice that Garibaldi was moaning about the moaning about the moaning.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Just finished watching the game and I have to say, Ødegaard was absolutely atrocious. Him and Nketiah really stood out in terms of letting everyone down, outside of the big obvious mistake by Jorginho of course.

Might genuinely be the worst performance I've seen from him. Absolutely nothing he tried was successful, the yellow card completely neutered him defensively and on top of that he was generally sloppy with his play.

Not exactly the game you want to have this type of performance in, but it happens. I doubt it's a sign of anything but it just stood out to me as he's usually so brilliant.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Not just his energy, but he got marked out of the game by Bissouma and Sarr. Those 2 are clearly more physical and stronger than him, but our other number 8 is useless and can't occupy them, making it easy for them to hit on Ødegaard

This man.

I know guys (@Yousif Arsenal ) were questioning why some of us were singling out the Havertz transfer yesterday when other players had bad games etc.

The point is that under Arteta we play a real team game that’s only as strong as it’s weakest link. When we’re carrying the left 8 the burden it places on Ødegaard, especially when there’s 2 pretty competent DMs on the pitch, is a heavy one. And he’s been doing it every game man.

We cannot afford passengers like this. Don’t get me wrong, plenty of players turned in stinkers yesterday but my target is focused on Arteta for failing to replace Xhaka.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

The point is that under Arteta we play a real team game that’s only as strong as it’s weakest link. When we’re carrying the left 8 the burden it places on Ødegaard, especially when there’s 2 pretty competent DMs on the pitch, is a heavy one.

See I read all this stuff and I just interpret it as people blaming less popular players to explain the bad performance of popular player.

I think Ødegaard started brightly but ran out of gas due to the aggressive pressing (and yellow) and just had a bad game. It's not the first bad game he's had as well there is also a pattern when the games are tight and he's not free to play.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

See I read all this stuff and I just interpret it as people blaming less popular players to explain the bad performance of popular player.

I think Ødegaard started brightly but ran out of gas due to the aggressive pressing (and yellow) and just had a bad game. It's not the first bad game he's had as well there is also a pattern when the games are tight and he's not free to play.

Listen man. I’m basically hating on Arteta at this point. Why you shutting it down? Let the rage spread fs

The point stands anyway - Ødegaard will have bad games, everyone does. The problem for me is that we have NO tactical/creative cover for him in the team (or squad even) if he’s having a bad game.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Just finished watching the game and I have to say, Ødegaard was absolutely atrocious. Him and Nketiah really stood out in terms of letting everyone down, outside of the big obvious mistake by Jorginho of course.

Might genuinely be the worst performance I've seen from him. Absolutely nothing he tried was successful, the yellow card completely neutered him defensively and on top of that he was generally sloppy with his play.

Not exactly the game you want to have this type of performance in, but it happens. I doubt it's a sign of anything but it just stood out to me as he's usually so brilliant.

You haven't seen Ødegaard vs City at the Emirates, Ødegaard at the Etihad or Ødegaard at Anfield last season (struggled vs Jones/Henderson)? he was far worse in those games than yesterday's game vs Sp**s.

Compare Pacqueta performance yesterday at Anfield or his overall performance this season/last season to Ødegaard's and you'll see why one does better vs high press and who is the true creator between the two.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Listen man. I’m basically hating on Arteta at this point. Why you shutting it down? Let the rage spread fs

Well I am too, Ødegaard is normally an intelligent presser, but I think it was unsustainable what they tried to do shortly after CL mid week.

Had Jesus taken his chance though, everything looks better. Sp**s venture out more to equalise and we don't have to press as much anymore. Jesus more or less threw away the game not finishing his chance.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This man.

I know guys (@Yousif Arsenal ) were questioning why some of us were singling out the Havertz transfer yesterday when other players had bad games etc.

The point is that under Arteta we play a real team game that’s only as strong as it’s weakest link. When we’re carrying the left 8 the burden it places on Ødegaard, especially when there’s 2 pretty competent DMs on the pitch, is a heavy one. And he’s been doing it every game man.

We cannot afford passengers like this. Don’t get me wrong, plenty of players turned in stinkers yesterday but my target is focused on Arteta for failing to replace Xhaka.
It always gonna happen when you really change shape of your midfield Partey and Xhaka give us something defensively and gave Ødegaard more freedom we gone to Rice and Havertz. Rice been excellent but we still have problem with LCM that's why i wanted us to sign more natural LCM. Havertz is not LCM and we already seeing this he not connecting with our forwards Vieira doing well but he also adapting in this position

But i don't believe its main problem why we not clicking there lot ot factors Jesus started once as CF Martinelli not on form saka too despite scoring. Also imo there bigger problems than our LCM like not being ruthless and being error prone

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Had Jesus taken his chance though, everything looks better. Sp**s venture out more to equalise and we don't have to press as much anymore. Jesus more or less threw away the game not finishing his chance.

Ye I guess at this point I’m just trying to settle for looking as good as last season.

Our problems with clinical strikers existed last season. We made up for it a bit by being absolutely relentless in midfield. Only one of those 2 things has changed so far this year…

Even if we get a clinical striker up top that downgrade still exists but yeah it would be less consequential.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
We've made Ødegaard our highest earner to simply box crash and poach ? Why has he forgone chance creation and build up?

We got City next Sunday and I guarantee you he will do nothing as he'll be simply marked out of the game and do fugazi Alexis style pressing to wow the fans.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I wonder if there was a bit of a disconnect, Ødegaard was pressing like a mad man at stages in the first half while the rest of the team were nowhere near as aggressive, still pressing but not to the extent of Ødegaard. And it wasn't just pressing to limit passing options, a lot of the time it genuinely looked like he was going to try and win balls he didn't have a great chance at winning. Either Ødegaard was doing what the coach wanted and the rest of the team weren't brave enough, or Ødegaard was doing too much and it was the rest of the team that were doing the right thing. Whatever it was by the last 10 minutes of the first half Sp**s gained confidence and our press wasn't affecting them as much. Otherwise I thought Ødegaard was really off it, very very sloppy.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Eddie had a poor game but the fault isn’t purely with him. They all know he’s more of a player that thrives off chances in the box yet not much was created for him from Ødegaard, Vieira, Havertz etc. Saw this stat earlier and thought it was quite interesting when comparing yesterday’s game vs when we played them last year:

Hopefully these type of performances are a one off and we get more from the players listed above. I know some might think the easy solution that’ll help them is to either use Jesus centrally or sign a striker to help out with the link up play and I think it probably would help however I still think we’ll be losing something either way and how many of those complete “can do it all” strikers are there on the market? Hmmmm…

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We saw how everything worked perfectly when we put a balanced team agsinst PSV the problem with mikel it always has to be balanced team to see great 90 minutes if there few changes we struggle like yesterday 2nd half we gone from putting world class 45 minutes to world class stinky 2nd half 45 minutes even tho we didn't get outplayed but we weren't fluid and forcing Sp**s to mistakes.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Latest posts

Top Bottom