• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joao Palhinha

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Unlike many on here I'd say we need a DM.
I have pretty much written off TP, Jorgi is not a long term option & Mo while a great guy likely won't be here next season.

I do think this guy would be too much money for 2nd/3rd choice DM though.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
GAlm5mtaoAEvey4

Bloodbather

Established Member

Nope. He’s an elite destroyer, has better defensive stats than Rice for example, but apart from that he brings very little to the table. Stats will be influenced by how Fulham plays of course, but it still looks pretty bad from a progressive/creative point of view.

I think if you play Rice as dm, which is what we’ll do, then you look for more attack minded players. Like we’ve done with Trossard now.

I’ve been on about Paqueta for lcm since he was at Lyon and he really is the pick of the bunch imo. Technical and creative but still quite physical. Should have some chemistry with Rice as well.
Yeah, Paquetá is just what the doctor ordered, but might be difficult to deal with West Ham.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, Paquetá is just what the doctor ordered, but might be difficult to deal with West Ham.
Yep. The real pick of the bunch was Mac Allister though. Most statistically similar to Bellingham in Europe, even though Szoboszlai is the one being talked about.

Were you and I the only ones to see it?

Bloodbather

Established Member

Yep. The real pick of the bunch was Mac Allister though. Most statistically similar to Bellingham in Europe, even though Szoboszlai is the one being talked about.

Were you and I the only ones to see it?
Some others probably saw it as well, but yeah, you and I were the ones who constantly put him on top of our wish lists. I was annoyed when Liverpool swooped in so quickly, they got it done in early June ffs.

DuBB

I'm enjoying the discussion, but why is everyone talking about 8s as alternatives to Palhinha when this summer we're probably going to have one 6 on the books (Rice) and the other (Partey) is probably, hopefully, leaving?

Between January (when I actually don't think we'll sign anyone) and the Summer, we're probably going to see 3-4 midfielders cycle out and 2-3 cycle in. Maybe 3-4 in if academy prospects become first teamers.

Partey (probably/hopefully on the way out)
Rice
Jorginho (maybe on the way out, or likely to be bumped down a slot to occupy Elneny's squad place)
Elneny (probably gone)
Ødegaard
Havertz

Vieira (possible loan or sale)
ESR (looking increasingly like we'll cash in)

That would leave on 3 midfielders under contract who are starting quality in the squad.

Joao Palhinha is likely to one of a few midfielders we'd get, not the midfielder we get in Jan/Summer.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wasn’t the Bayern fee 60M? To what end to we need to spend that on a DM again?

Partey has already been replaced by Rice. The guy was demoted to RB when fit.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Play the Joao/Rice double pivot in our fixtures against the " top 6" and champo knock out games. Guaranteed success

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom