• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss FA Cup 3rd Round: Arsenal 0 - 2 Liverpool | Sunday 7th January | KO: 16:30 GMT | BBC One

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-blog.png

Screenshot-20240102-082031.png

lineup.png

Prediction

Arsenal 0-1 Liverpool

Let's play Aubamawang

What a joke. Pathetic finishing, collapse in the second half. We looked worse after Nelson came off. Why keep Saka on til the end when he's playing so poorly? He needs to know he'll get subbed when he has a stinker.

2-0 is what we deserve with finishing of such poor quality. Quite what Kiwior was thinking heading the ball with the side of his head rather than getting underneath it, I'll never know.

It is a blessing given our thin squad, but it means we'll end the season trophyless in January as we aren't winning the league or CL with an attack so painfully out of form.

Props to Ode for an excellent performance bar the foul leading to the first goal. Saliba and Gabriel did well, too. Even Havertz did ok apart from where it mattered.

I think we might have scored if we swapped Nelson for Saka then replaced Saka with Martinelli. Games still last 180 minutes, right?

We were essentially playing with a handicap today, and it's about time we accepted that Saka isn't untouchable.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Hilarious seeing people trying to overexplain what our issue is when it's so simple and obvious. WE CAN'T FINISH. And it's not any individuals, the entire team seems to have developed some kind of mental block in front of goal. I don't know how you adress that sort of thing but it needs to be adressed.

Mohamed7

Not happy that we lost, but otherwise not really bothered.

We dominated them today, and if this is their level when they come next month, then they are in trouble.
What??? In trouble for what?

No way in hell we challenging for the title. We’re broken. Will be very lucky if we get to last 8 in UCL. Lucky if we finish top 3 in the league as well.

Energoto

That was a Liverpool B side, we had a great chance. Home as well. ****ing terrible.
Well as much as it was our B side bro, but this is not an excuse. Should have finished them first half, absolutely atrocious finishing. Ode was hopeless, but Saka have been so poor with his finishing lately...

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Add smith Rowe to that, he should have been gone as well.

Havertz a disaster.

Another season without a trophy for this guy.

ESR I would give him a pass on he's just not fit enough to feature.

But even if that were the case, why is Mikel planning with him playing a part?

It's a bad look any way you look at it.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Kai wasn’t the only one missing chances
Who is Saka and Martinelli’s teacher since they were boys? Who can’t after 1 year figure out how to beat the doubling of our wingers principally Saka? Who has to come up with a tactical adjustment my granny nan?

KarlAFC

I can’t even think of a better alternative so we’ll keep him for now and hope he improves.

Klopp has shown him what a top manager is though. Adaptability is something Arteta lacks in spades and I don’t know if you can win the big trophies with out.

He won't, and in turn, we won't improve. It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom