• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carlos Cuesta

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Why go to that basket case of a club?

Both him and Miguel Molina are much better off continuing to learn their trade here

GDeep™

League is very weak
Might not be such a bad thing for both parties. SAF used to change assistants frequently to keep things fresh.
That’s because he never coached, he was never on the training ground. We have a coach.

Don’t care about Cuesta anyway.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He was there overseeing everything
He was manager. But he done no coaching at all, the players only saw him speak on match days.

It made sense to change coaches for him. But our manager is the main coach, a fresh voice doesn’t apply to us, Mick is the only voice.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
He was manager. But he done no coaching at all, the players only saw him speak on match days.

It made sense to change coaches for him. But our manager is the main coach, a fresh voice doesn’t apply to us, Mick is the only voice.
Pep coaches and he’s changed assistants as well.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
No idea what he does.
Saw a comment on reddit that the All or Nothing showed how important he is to the team, but all I remember is him giving a pep talk to some players or something.

TLDR version: he does video analysis sessions with each of the players individually

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He's a people guy right? Soft skills stuff that Arteta isn't good at. Has his role but should be a job a lot of people can do

Bloodbather

Established Member

He's a people guy right? Soft skills stuff that Arteta isn't good at. Has his role but should be a job a lot of people can do
If that was the full extent of what he brought to the table, then yeah. But good tactical/technical insight about the game AND great communication skills isn't an easy combo to find. He probably wouldn't be in charge of the individual film breakdowns if he wasn't good at the former.

DuBB

If that was the full extent of what he brought to the table, then yeah. But good tactical/technical insight about the game AND great communication skills isn't an easy combo to find. He probably wouldn't be in charge of the individual film breakdowns if he wasn't good at the former.

While his role isn't exactly clear to the outside (nobodies role is, really) based on what we've seen, heard and read, at least a part of it is being in charge of (or being tasked with) handling players one on one and the setting and tracking of individual improvement in certain areas.

I remember reading or hearing about him being a great communicator, but also from what we saw on the doc, for at least 3 players he was shown watching film with them one on one and either showing them how they could improve certain things, or keeping certain habits going strong, or breaking habits. But it seemed mostly mental and dispositional and not X's and O's.

Also, if you watch many matches closely, at the end of games (or in training) you can often see him coaching individually. Even when you Google him you don't see pictures of him addressing players in bunches or as a group. He's often talking to one player at a time.

So what that tells me is, where some coaches are tasked with overall team things, whether that be tactics, oppositions, set pieces etc, he seems like someone who is tasked with individual gains and insights.

Basically, he's very good at the thing players like Sterling and Sane said Arteta did with and for them at City. Which is probably why Arteta hired him.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom