• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Champions League Round of 16: FC Porto 1 - 0 Arsenal | Wednesday 21st February | KO: 20:00 GMT | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

8cb3f4fd0930bb567ecd054213d05ccc.png

Screenshot-20240217-225720.png

lineup-1.png

Screenshot-20240217-230431.png

Prediction

Porto 0-2 Arsenal

HattoriHanzo

That true most of our players looked not themselves there can't even control the ball. Our fans were confident before the game I was afraid that inexperience will cost us and that what happened
Maybe too confident.
I don't understand why people think that Porto is crap?
From European perspective, they are much bigger club than Arsenal.
They have 2 CL titles (they won their second title the same year when Arsenal won Prem, in 2004.), they play CL every season and have much more experience than us.
Yesterday they had a plan and they executed it perfectly.

The fact that Arsenal squad costs 2-3 times more than their squad means nothing, if they don't show on the pitch their value.
And yesterday they didn't show it, therefore they deserved to lose.

At Emirates Porto will park cruise ship in front of their goal and will do all they can do to frustrate Arsenal.
I just hope that our players and Arteta have learned something from yesterday.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Maybe too confident.
I don't understand why people think that Porto is crap?
From European perspective, they are much bigger club than Arsenal.
They have 2 CL titles (they won their second title the same year when Arsenal won Prem, in 2004.), they play CL every season and have much more experience than us.
Yesterday they had a plan and they executed it perfectly.

The fact that Arsenal squad costs 2-3 times more than their squad means nothing, if they don't show on the pitch their value.
And yesterday they didn't show it, therefore they deserved to lose.

At Emirates Porto will park cruise ship in front of their goal and will do all they can do to frustrate Arsenal.
I just hope that our players and Arteta have learned something from yesterday.
That what inexperience brings we were too calm before this we on form in league free scoring machine but Porto aren't westham or Burnley like you said they always play CL knockout stage they know how to play thier manager said after the game what important is to win not to outplay the opposition.

At Emirates it'll be same and we have to come up with something else we also need G.jesus and Zinny fit they too important for low blocks

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Based on what?
The spine of Willy - Maga - Rice has been amazing defensively this season (probably Top 3 defense in Europe) and even though we downgraded the attack, it's still solid enough.
It's not like Arsenal is THAT good, but too many big teams have been under-performing in the CL this season: Tucheliban at Bayern, Xavi's meltdown at Barca, PSG barely got out of the group, etc.

HattoriHanzo

The spine of Willy - Maga - Rice has been amazing defensively this season (probably Top 3 defense in Europe) and even though we downgraded the attack, it's still solid enough.
It's not like Arsenal is THAT good, but too many big teams have been under-performing in the CL this season: Tucheliban at Bayern, Xavi's meltdown at Barca, PSG barely got out of the group, etc.
This Arsenal squad doesn't have have CL experience to be considered 3rd best in the competition.

HattoriHanzo

Agree, but let's not pretend Porto is some CL juggernaut
They are not juggernaut anymore, but neither is Arsenal.
Arsenal was never CL juggernaut.
They have 2 CL titles, Arsenal has none.
As I already said, they won their last CL title same year when Arsenal won their last Prem title.
And Arsenal never won at their ground, only drew once.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Love Benny Blanco but mate he was bobbins last night.

One switch he piledrove out for a throw in his own half was Sunday League stuff.

Yeah, best out a bad bunch. **** knows it’s probably his looks throwing me off but I thought he did alright.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
What the hell are you talking about?

All I want is for us to win one major trophy - either PL or CL. Are you seriously now saying that this is too much to ask?

All the managers you're referring to have won League titles. Something Arteta hasn't done (and possibly cannot do). I think for Arteta, it's much easier winning the CL than winning the PL.

I don't think he has the consistency to win the PL. City have set the standard too high and Klopp proved he can match that standard and win a PL title but Arteta...it's difficult for him I think.

I think if we are going to win a major trophy - it will be the CL. And if are losing games in Europe which we are expected to win...then I don't see where a major trophy will come from.

Laughable to compare Arteta to Wenger. Wenger had a healthy domestic trophy cabinet including an entire season unbeaten. If Arteta did the same, we wouldn't be having this conversation LOL
No - I've explicitly explained my position, which is that drawing definitive conclusions about potential domestic success from results in continental competition is, and has repeatedly proven to be across the board in England, meaningless.

Yes, it will be very difficult to win the league this year, but Klopp is going, Man City a)will lose Pep soon, b) will have to start a new cycle of players and c) might yet get kicked out of the division.

You saying that a poor ECL performance this year means he will never win a major trophy has no relation to the evidence of English clubs.

And I wasn't saying Arteta is as good as Wenger, merely illustrating the fundamental flaws in your logic.

HattoriHanzo

No - I've explicitly explained my position, which is that drawing definitive conclusions about potential domestic success from results in continental competition is, and has repeatedly proven to be across the board in England, meaningless.

Yes, it will be very difficult to win the league this year, but Klopp is going, Man City a)will lose Pep soon, b) will have to start a new cycle of players and c) might yet get kicked out of the division.

You saying that a poor ECL performance this year means he will never win a major trophy has no relation to the evidence of English clubs.

And I wasn't saying Arteta is as good as Wenger, merely illustrating the fundamental flaws in your logic.
And vice versa.
How many years Guardiola (level above Arteta) needed to win his 1 CL with City?

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
They have 2 CL titles, Arsenal has none.
As I already said, they won their last CL title same year when Arsenal won their last Prem title.
And Arsenal never won at their ground, only drew once.
All that stuff happened decades ago and have nothing to do with the current Porto and Arsenal teams.
Arsenal has built one of the most expensive squads in Europe, Porto sells their best players every year and their current best player is a GK. It should be a comfortable win over 2 legs, hope the boys pull their **** together at the carpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom