• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Champions League Round of 16: FC Porto 1 - 0 Arsenal | Wednesday 21st February | KO: 20:00 GMT | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

8cb3f4fd0930bb567ecd054213d05ccc.png

Screenshot-20240217-225720.png

lineup-1.png

Screenshot-20240217-230431.png

Prediction

Porto 0-2 Arsenal

Tomb Bombadil

That what inexperience brings we were too calm before this we on form in league free scoring machine but Porto aren't westham or Burnley like you said they always play CL knockout stage they know how to play thier manager said after the game what important is to win not to outplay the opposition.

At Emirates it'll be same and we have to come up with something else we also need G.jesus and Zinny fit they too important for low blocks
We are too inecperienced so we were too calm?

Arteta wanted to play safe and it was a bit too safe. If we don't concead in the last minute everybody will be saying excellent result. And I think a lot of people in this forum underestimated Porto quite a bit. So a draw would be very good result in the away game.

Porto defended very good. Arteta didn't want to loose, because he doesn't have to win yet. That's the game we got. Not good but but just one goal to catch.

GoonerJay24

Experience definitely matters in this competition. Even that young Ajax team that got to the semi-final had experience. This team needs to learn not to panic when the pressure is on. Play with fear again in the second leg and it's curtains.

Where would you say the fear comes from? Is it a psychological or possibly management problem? It seems, Tets tactics are too rigid at times, so whenever facing well drilled low blocks, players start panicking if there's no early goal.

I still expect us to win at home, our best players need to step up. I want Ødegaard further forwards; hopefully Zinchenko and Jesus return too.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I know you were, I just don't want that praise :lol:

Did you think we deserved to win yesterday?
No attempts on target, should have lost 2-0. That double shot missing from point blank range sent xG algorithms in to melt down.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Everyone left right and centre chanting “no attempts on target”

Saliba, Trossard & Gabriel and had good chances, not saying they were easy but they are all capable of a better finish. Taking into account our 1000 corners, a draw would have been fair.

But we didn’t play well, that’s for sure.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Surely we won't get another ref who is determined to punish every technical infraction as a foul - this Dutch dude completely ruined the flow of the game.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We are too inecperienced so we were too calm?

Arteta wanted to play safe and it was a bit too safe. If we don't concead in the last minute everybody will be saying excellent result. And I think a lot of people in this forum underestimated Porto quite a bit. So a draw would be very good result in the away game.

Porto defended very good. Arteta didn't want to loose, because he doesn't have to win yet. That's the game we got. Not good but but just one goal to catch.
I really don't agree about we playing too safe it was the usual the defense was very high line we putting 4 men forward but it just not worked this time. 0-0 would have been good result not excellent because Porto could score at Emirates too.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Everyone left right and centre chanting “no attempts on target”

Saliba, Trossard & Gabriel and had good chances, not saying they were easy but they are all capable of a better finish. Taking into account our 1000 corners, a draw would have been fair.

But we didn’t play well, that’s for sure.
This is why I've always thought "shots on target" is a pretty terrible way of judging an attacking performance. Porto's crazy double miss in the first half for example doesn't even count as shots on target despite being a big chance.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
There were a few runs made that just weren’t picked out. I’m talking over the top, straight through the middle. Trossard made one, white another, Havertz aswell. This is we’re the space was, it would have put them clear. Out wide, there was no space.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

A few of us spelled this out already though (I expected a 0-0 draw) but we were beaten over the head with it's different under Arteta type stuff. Now that we've lost a lot of you are now ready to accept this pattern.

Arsenal will batter Porto at home and there will be knee slides galore, but speaking for myself I have drastically reduced my expectations from this competition.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

A few of us spelled this out already though but we were beaten over the head with it's different under Arteta type stuff. Now that we've lost a lot of you are now ready to accept this pattern.

Arsenal will batter Porto at home and there will be knee slides galore, but speaking for myself I have drastically reduced my expectations from this competition.

We won’t batter them, can guarantee it. I’m shaking.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

A few of us spelled this out already though but we were beaten over the head with it's different under Arteta type stuff. Now that we've lost a lot of you are now ready to accept this pattern.

I honestly couldn't believe the malarkey I was reading about "3rd favourites for CL"...like for real, have you seen Arsenal in CL? Even our greatest ever teams couldn't win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom