• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

šŸ“ž Clubs in talks Aaron Ramsdale (Out)

Topside

I wouldn't be surprised if Ramsdale is involved in a swap deal with either Newcastle or Chelsea who we have a good relationship with when it comes to transfer deals.

Ramsdale could be valued at 35 to 40m on books for FFP reasons, Newcastle have two players we are linked with Isak and Bruno. Chelsea will have to move on a few. Gallagher one year left on contract seems linked to Sp**s but they simply dont ever do business and the fans would go into meltdown if he goes there.

Could do a decent job for a lot of teams also maybe we revisit Mudryk his value has tanked either player would be straight swaps.

DuBB

If Newcastle are interested I think we could see a similar deal to what we did with Raya.

Would help sweeten any Isak/Bruno move.

This is the most realistic take on a ā€œswapā€ Iā€™ve read proposed here.

Swaps donā€™t happen or players donā€™t get thrown in deals because both sides want to use their prospective transfer fees on their books.

But I can see a deal where we buy 1 of the 2 Newcastle players, and we do a handshake deal which is a loan with an obligation to buy kicked down to the next summer window in order to let Newcastle use their transfer elsewhere in this summer window.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Watched him on that "Guess the Gooner" video Arsenal put up, will definitely miss the lovable oaf.

Can see why people find him annoying, but find him quite funny...gun to my head I still would have probably given him one more season as our number 1 and see how he does.

Hope he doesn't turn bitter like Emi did when he leaves.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ā­

Watched him on that "Guess the Gooner" video Arsenal put up, will definitely miss the lovable oaf.

Can see why people find him annoying, but find him quite funny...gun to my head I still would have probably given him one more season as our number 1 and see how he does.

Hope he doesn't turn bitter like Emi did when he leaves.
Just wait till he winds up the fans while playing a blinder as Newcastle squeak a 1-0 win at the Emirates. It's written, I tell you.

jaystewart

How much we talking? We don't have much bargaining power and Newcastle don't absolutely need him so we will probably only get our 30 million back

samshere

Why so serieuse?
More is better but getting our fee back will help with FFP and increasing our summer budget
We'll probably spend 30m on his backup. Which is important because as city showed you need your backup to be almost as good. Any hiccup due to Ederson injury would have seen them lose the title.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
We'll probably spend 30m on his backup. Which is important because as city showed you need your backup to be almost as good. Any hiccup due to Ederson injury would have seen them lose the title.

Ortega came on a free, Turner 5.8m Euros, Runnarson 2m Euros, Trusty 1.8m Euros. We won't be spending much more than the Turner buy.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Should be asking for 50m for one of best shot stoppers in league and last GK of year.

Ramsdale will improve toon. I can see Chelsea, pool and Toon fighting it out for the 4th spot (it will be a 2 horse race again next season with villa finishing 3rd).

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy šŸ†
Trusted ā­
you don't need to spend 30M on backup there many good keepers out there can do the job it's difficult to convince a very good keeper to be backup Man city got Ortega as free transfer he was playing in bundesliga second division

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Ortega came on a free, Turner 5.8m Euros, Runnarson 2m Euros, Trusty 1.8m Euros. We won't be spending much more than the Turner buy.
you don't need to spend 30M on backup there many good keepers out there can do the job it's difficult to convince a very good keeper to be backup Man city got Ortega as free transfer he was playing in bundesliga second division
Can't take the risk of a cheap buy. Turner, Trusty, Runnarson(lol) are all liabilities. It'll be great if we can get an aging gk who still has something to give, I'm looking at Sczesny. But barring that, if we're going for the title the backup goalie has to be perfect.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ā­

Ramsdale to Newcastle is a weird transfer. Pope is about to come back?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy šŸ†
Trusted ā­
Can't take the risk of a cheap buy. Turner, Trusty, Runnarson(lol) are all liabilities. It'll be great if we can get an aging gk who still has something to give, I'm looking at Sczesny. But barring that, if we're going for the title the backup goalie has to be perfect.
i'm sure we'll be looking for more capable players than Turner or Runarson these guys were bought for low risk because we were rebuilding.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and theyā€™ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom