• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 2 - 1 Brentford | Saturday 9th March | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLArsenalBrentford2122.jpg

Screenshot-20240305-144112-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240305-144142-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240305-144223-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240305-144201-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240305-144305-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240305-144331-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240305-144356-Chrome.jpg

lineup.png

Screenshot-20240305-143932-Chrome.jpg

Prediction

Arsenal 4-0 Brentford

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Jones is the worst in the league I think...

... his performance in the 1-1 away draw to Southampton last season was unbelievably bad.

That c*nt still lives?!!

This is an awful day for football.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

It is funny though as a large sentiment before firing Emery was “as long as the new manager has us challenging for titles” then the marker moved when Arteta has us top of the league all season and then “bottled” the league… but if you ask me, that was a decent title challenge. Of course I do agree that true success is actually winning the league, I wish people would throw some credit to Arteta for having us challenge top teams again. Gotta celebrate the small wins if you ever want the big ones.

Standards and expectations grow depending on where you are. Now we are in this position we must go one step further. Bit like City in the CL before last season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why do you keep saying this like it matters.

The team in inherited was 12th when he took over, and got smashed by Chelsea in the cup final in 2019 under Emery...wasn't that was a proven team in anyway.

Out of the 11 players who started that final in 2020, only 3 (Holding, Bellerin and Xhaka) had won a trophy with Arsenal before Mikel showed up...Arteta helped them be trophy winners here, as much as they helped him.
Because it matters. With his own signings, Arteta hasn’t come close to winning anything. I think his signings haven’t been good enough, that’s why I keep mentioning it.

Those players finished 5th the season before, and reached the EL final btw.

What success? He hasn’t won anything. If he left today his CV will show he won a FA Cup with players from previous managers, in 5 years.

The same was being said about Wenger, despite him working with a budget and stadium change. Expectations are big at big clubs.
By your definition, guys like Zuckerberg are not successful or wealthy for that matter! I don't actually know what to make of this kind of thinking!
I am sure you rate Fergie. Well, go check when he first won a major honours!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think his signings haven’t been good enough, that’s why I keep mentioning it.

How have his signings not been good enough when we have clearly improved, ffs...we have gone from 8th and 8th, to back to back title fights in the last few years...Gabriel, White, Rice, Ødegaard, Jesus, Zinchenko, Partey, Ramsdale etc have all been crucial to that.

We finished second to a Treble winning City and you are unhappy...

...but you say this like it's something great 😅

If Arteta was in charge of the end of the season in 2019 (bottling Top Four and then getting pumped in the Europa final by a rival) I wonder what you would have said...

GDeep™

League is very weak
By your definition, guys like Zuckerberg are not successful or wealthy for that matter! I don't actually know what to make of this kind of thinking!
I am sure you rate Fergie. Well, go check when he first won a major honours!
Ferguson was on the brink of a sack until he won the FA Cup. Fans were protesting for his sacking.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

the vision I had from last week could be this game as shef United and Brentford dress the same way

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Because it matters. With his own signings, Arteta hasn’t come close to winning anything. I think his signings haven’t been good enough, that’s why I keep mentioning it.

Are you saying you don’t think this current team is better than the one he inherited? You don’t think we were “close” to winning the league last year? I mean, whatever, then I’m not sure it’s worth discussing if you can’t even see this is a better team than before.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We've now equaled our best run of wins from 22/23. It was at this point last season where we started to fall apart, with those draws.

Big game to win today, come on boys.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Are you saying you don’t think this current team is better than the one he inherited? You don’t think we were “close” to winning the league last year? I mean, whatever, then I’m not sure it’s worth discussing if you can’t even see this is a better team than before.
Of course it’s a better team, it’s had much more investment. I’m saying we’ve not done anything with this team, not even won a FA Cup or won a Europa League etc.

At Arsenal you are judged on trophies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Ramsdale, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Kiwior, Rice, Ødegaard, Jorginho, Trossard, Havertz, Saka.

Hein, Nketiah, Vieira, Nketiah, Smith Rowe, Jesus, Cedric, Zinchenko, TP5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom