• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The AM EUROS Draft Sign-Up and Discussion Thread

Hello everyone,

The picks

Now we've finally finished with the CL draft (congrats again @A_G) and with the Euros only two months away I think it's the perfect time for the chaos and mayhem that only an annual Arsenal-Mania draft can provide.

I was very happy with the results from the simming even if it took a little bit longer to write up than planned... so largely we'll keep the structure the same. This time round I feel like we can make some changes to reflect which players had good tournaments and which flopped. Although all of that will be revealed...

For now though I'd like to get an idea of numbers so if you would like to play now's your time to sign up before we get the ball rolling on the weekend! Eight teams ideally but we can expand based on numbers without any problem so comment below if you'd like in.

Rules to follow in the next few days...

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Any chance we could start this on Sunday instead of Saturday?

I am out tomorrow and I want to actually try and do this well, as opposed to the randomised nonsense I got last time 😅

Riou

Ok brilliant!

And I forgot @2Smokeyy so that's 16!

I'll do the draw now.

AM right now...

FepcFC8XEAI9fEH.jpg:large

...on tender hooks!

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
@Rex Stone you gonna shed some light on your proprietary rexodomy algorithm that will overlay performance with underlying stats?

Like say someone picks Henry 04 - pretty mid tournament for him with just 2 goals but it’s still peak Thierry right - how would that get reflected?

Riou

@Rex Stone you gonna shed some light on your proprietary rexodomy algorithm that will overlay performance with underlying stats?

Like say someone picks Henry 04 - pretty mid tournament for him with just 2 goals but it’s still peak Thierry right - how would that get reflected?

It's just what they did based on their Euros performances from the specific tournament you pick, no peak/club stuff.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Got a feeling that @jones inclination to game the system (Yaya Toure :lol: ) getting into same team with the draft master, will bring some invaluable insider info, which will bring many questions.

Brother @jones, as tonight is holy night of Kadr, you better come clean and confess no shady dealings 🙏

Riou

Not aimed at me but still...

Any chance we could start this on Sunday instead of Saturday?

I am out tomorrow

I'll be in four different countries this month some half of which with barely to no internet connection. Stop making excuses you little biatch

BzsRXN.gif

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

It's just what they did based on their Euros performances from the specific tournament you pick, no peak/club stuff.

Yeah but in that case how do you build the profile of like a CDM who doesn’t have headline stats like G/A?

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

I'll be in four different countries this month some half of which with barely to no internet connection. Stop making excuses you little biatch

What’s the biggest time difference of one of these 4 exotic Western European countries of yours and the UK you slut

Riou

Yeah but in that case how do you build the profile of like a CDM who doesn’t have headline stats like G/A?

I don't know, just pick good players and see what happens ffs...nerd.

Pick Order

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

AM right now...

FepcFC8XEAI9fEH.jpg:large

...on tender hooks!

So wait no more AM... the order is in!

And the first pick in the 2024 Euros draft will be made by none other than.... @GDeep™ !!!!

1712337348876.png

Just to remind everyone that at the end of the 2nd round the order will flip to neutralise any advantage of the first pick meaning @SA Gunner and @Uncle Good-Advice will lead off the third round.

@albakos can you set up the selection thread?

@GDeep™ you are on the clock! Ideally make your pick tonight but the game will lock at 9pm and re-open at 9am.

Riou

I still can't believe I randomly picked Sterling at wingback in one of these, then Graham Potter did it in real life like a day later.

That will never not be funny/stupid 🤣

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

So it's not a perfect system when using contemporary video games but that is where I've got the ratings from and then applied bonuses and penalties based on a few different categories.

One for example is the "Luca Toni" rule. In 2008 he was an absolute beast at Bayern but in the Euros he missed sitter after sitter and the only "assist" he got was a flop for a penalty assist against the French.

Now he'd carry a gigantic rating through to this unless we penalise him for lack of production from open play.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Also now is the best time to say echoing FIFA Ultimate Team I have assigned ratings to all 1000+ players and they can be grouped into the following categories so you can get quick reactions to your picks as we go:

🫏 - You have chosen very poorly and ended up with a donkey...
🥉- Solid choice and the minimum expectation for each pick
🥈- Slightly rarer than bronze and a clear level up in quality
🥇- You've picked a world class player here
💎 - Only a handful of these players exist. The best of the best and rarest of the rare...

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom