• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,541
  • Views 286,997

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I imagine the conversations between Edu and Arteta at the minute are about whether they should sign someone like Sesko and have Jesus/Saka/Martinelli/Trossard as the wide options, or sign a winger and keep Jesus and Havertz as the strikers.

Needs to be both.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Jesus, Nelson, ESR, Trossard, Viera, Eddie can all go,

Now if we’re being more realistic we probably sell 3 of those names (Nelson, ESR and Eddie).

Sesko comes in -

Martinelli, Trossard, Sesko, Jesus, Havertz, Saka.

Deffo room for one more game changer in there imo. Also in general I still don’t see anyone who will consistently win big moments for us.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Don't forget you can't just sell Nelson, ESR and eddie without bringing home grown replacements. It makes the selling situation a lot more complicated.

Yes you can. You dont have to have a specific amount of homegrown players, you just can't have more than 17 non-homegrown. With Cedric and Elneny going there's room for another 4 or 5 non-homegrown.

ragnarock

Don't forget you can't just sell Nelson, ESR and eddie without bringing home grown replacements. It makes the selling situation a lot more complicated.

If my calculations are right our squad this season is 11 home grown and 14 non.

That means if we sell Nelson, ESR, Ramsdale & Nketiah we are down to 7 HG, if we replace them numerically we would need one of those signings to be HG to make the quota.

I might be wrong

That’s assuming we’re not offloading any other non-HG ones, but still. They’ll need replacements

StefanB

Homegrown: Raya, White, Saliba, Rice, Saka, Martinelli
Total: 6

Not HG: Tomiyasu, Timber, Gabriel, Kiwior, Zinchenko, Partey, Jorginho, Ødegaard, Havertz, Jesus, Trossard
Total: 11

In: Sesko, Bruno, Nico Williams
Total NHG: 14

You cannot have more than 17 non homegrown players, so in a squad of 25 you'll need 8 HG's to have a complete squad. Basically we can add quite a few players without having any risks of not being able to register them.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Buy Sesko, Bruno Guimaraes, Nico Williams, a backup for Saliba and Raya. Keep Gabriel Jesus, Partey and Zinchenko.

Sell Smith Rowe, Nketiah, Nelson, Ramsdale and Vieira (+ all the deadwood out on loan).

We would have a tremendous first eleven along with a mixed bag of very talented and experienced players, with tons of experience and talent on the bench in Jesus, Partey, Trossard, Zinchenko, Jorginho, Martinelli and Sesko.
I think we don't have enough HG players if we sell 4 and bring none in...I think that's why they are looking at a HG back-up keeper

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Lots of debate about whether we get a CF, a Winger, or both. It’s a valid debate, I’ve been going back and forth on it.

I think realistically we do need both unless Jesus miraculously shows great signs of fitness which we won’t see until after the summer window.

However we are at risk of overloading at LW. Martinelli Trossard Jesus play there but unfortunately there is uncertainty about whose it is.

I would argue Olise would be a great solution for this scenario. As he wouldn’t mess with the LW at all, his areas would be RW and RAM areas (giving us a handy backup to Ødegaard).

You can then make further space in the squad by not only selling Eddie and Nelson, but 1 of Vieira and ESR as Olise comes into their territory too.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The only way we sign both a CF and Winger is if Edu gets very creative with sales. Nelson and Eddie need to go regardless, but maybe 1 more would need to happen. I doubt that happens.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I'm not convinced about having Havertz as main starting striker going forward either, but I'm just wondering why Villa was the game the lights shone brightest and not Chelsea or Sp**s game for instance?

Havertz was CM against Villa and it clearly doesn't work against a well organised midfield

Xoxo

Remembering Havertz Missing 3 1v1s Against Villa
I'm not convinced about having Havertz as main starting striker going forward either, but I'm just wondering why Villa was the game the lights shone brightest and not Chelsea or Sp**s game for instance?
Because if we won that game we would have been 2 points clear

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom