• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa | Sunday 14th April | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLArsenalAstonVilla2122.jpg

Prediction

Arsenal 3-0 Aston Villa

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

It really hammers it home at this part of the season, football isn't fun to be honest.

You feel sickly nervous during and before games, praying you win so you can briefly relax after them...before the cycle starts up again the next day, as your next game approaches.

The only time football is fun, is when it's over (you have won something) and you can enjoy the summer knowing your club can't ruin your life ffs :lol:

Why do I even watch this bullsh1t sport!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'm not saying we should tear it apart because they aren't good, i'm saying will they have the mentality to go again after two nearly seasons. Can they carry on playing at the level they have been? We've seen with Liverpool the toll it can take to go up against City, didn't they finish 5th last season and way off the pace.
Well we'll have wait and see but we can keep being consistent if we improve the depth we just too dependable on some players that we can't rotate them if some of them get into off form or injured the team struggle need to fix this

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Bottling and collapse are a little strong. We lost a game after a great run. It can happen, and it’s just happened at a crucial time.

My issue is just that this team is pretty overrated and it shows when it really matters.
Don't know if we are overrated.
Think if it weren't for the absolute beast that is Corruption City we win the title last season and probably this?

Imho The consistency level with them is the highest ever in the league.

HighburyHigh

The only players that are the spine of the team that you keep at all costs are Saliba, Gabriel, White, Rice, Ode, and Saka (but he needs to step up next season) all the others are fair game.

andeoch1

They are top 4 mate. Neville is creaming himself because Ødegaard is showing off and doing fancy touches and producing nothing of substance like usual. We smash rubbish teams by 6 nil because they give up after 3 and people forget that we struggle to put goals past good teams. Its been true for many many years now - why do you think everyone is calling for a top centre forward?
Put 3 past the Scousers I think 🤷

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Bottling and collapse are a little strong. We lost a game after a great run. It can happen, and it’s just happened at a crucial time.

My issue is just that this team is pretty overrated and it shows when it really matters.

The problem is we have patterns of play, incredibly structured. Its like we are playing the NBA, or NFL, with drawn up plays. When we are on it, it works, but all it takes is for one player to not quite be at it and the whole thing can fall apart. We don't leave that room for freedom and individual quality to take over, at least not enough anyway.

ksarp

It was at this point last season when Jesus was absolutely infuriating as well with his wastefulness and constant throwing himself to the floor. Playing him at CF just does not work, I don't understand why Arteta did it when Havertz was being so effective there.

Zinchenko putting the ball out of play was ridiculous when we need to be 100% ruthless.
I call him TOJ - Turnover Jesus. Has a knack for drama when it really counts with the throwing self on the pitch and embellishing the ball. He and Zinchenko, who I am convinced has zero danger awareness and prone to mistakes have to leave the team. Will Jesus be good for CL? Absolutely, but he is not a leader.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

You follow any other sport bro?

Just Ice Hockey, my boys went through to the playoff semis tonight...

PS...this is my first season as an Ice Hockey fan, don't win this trophy then we finish trophyless this season...last season before I started watching them, the Giants won all available trophies in the first Treble in the clubs history which I JUST missed!

I am cursed bro, ffs 😅

ksarp

The problem is we have patterns of play, incredibly structured. Its like we are playing the NBA, or NFL, with drawn up plays. When we are on it, it works, but all it takes is for one player to not quite be at it and the whole thing can fall apart. We don't leave that room for freedom and individual quality to take over, at least not enough anyway.
We absolutely do.. it's a like we have a playbook. Maybe the next evolution is Tetta allowing individual expression. Honestly though, I think soccer itself is evolving into that. No one just hoofs the ball downfield and Turnovers are increasingly being frowned upon.

jaystewart

Put 3 past the Scousers I think 🤷

Did you see the goals we scored at home to Liverpool? Did you see the goals we've put past city this season (all 3 games)? Every single one is a deflection /rebound / defensive error except Trossard's goal which was the third past Liverpool at home. The goal we scored away at Liverpool was a set piece. So that is one 'legitimate, free from good fortune' goal from open play in 6 games vs Liverpool/City.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I'm not saying we should tear it apart because they aren't good, i'm saying will they have the mentality to go again after two nearly seasons. Can they carry on playing at the level they have been? We've seen with Liverpool the toll it can take to go up against City, didn't they finish 5th last season and way off the pace.

Liverpool didn’t build on what they had which was their biggest mistake, they also had an aging squad.

Our team is young and have a ton of energy left for these title races, trust me.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There are still holes mate, upfront, in midfield and possibly defensively as well.

What was the key factor that killed us today? It was our finishing, particularly in the first half. You have to take your chances against well organised opponents like Villa.

Pressure does count yes, but if you have the quality and efficiency to execute you dont create do or die pressure moments.
Disagree completely, there are no holes. You can always find players that are better in every position. Rodri is better than Rice, Walker is better than White, VVD is better than Gabriel, but we’re talking margins here. Any team can be improved but we’re no longer relying on Sanogo, Gibbs, Welbeck levels. Every position is sound. €850 since 2019 has seen to that.

And we’ve scored 75 goals, only one less than City. Goal scoring has not been our problem. Occasionally all teams have a dry spell, Arteta has to make sure that ours doesn’t keep coming at the end of the season, because that’s something else entirely. And that won’t be fixed by buying more players. Finger’s crossed we bounced back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom