• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa | Sunday 14th April | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLArsenalAstonVilla2122.jpg

Prediction

Arsenal 3-0 Aston Villa

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
We absolutely do.. it's a like we have a playbook. Maybe the next evolution is Tetta allowing individual expression. Honestly though, I think soccer itself is evolving into that. No one just hoofs the ball downfield and Turnovers are increasingly being frowned upon.
We can blame Pep for the NFL level structure.

Mohamed7

I had to check the livescore on 80th minute because we dropped deep and weren’t pressing high to go for the win. I thought we’re 1-0 up and for some reason score on this channel wasn’t updated.

Worst second half at the Emirates for long, long time.

Having Nketiah, Vieira, Nelson, TP5 etc… was gonna catch up with us. We can’t rotate and Zenchencko & Jesus are nothing more than backup players. Horrible players to have in the run-in.

IrishGooner93

If there's one thing emery is good at, he knows how to get the best from his strikers. I'd say Mikel is near the opposite. Emery does have the likes of Watkins looking so sharp and explosive, and Auba and Laca looked the same when he was here too.
They still have their flaws but it's weird how much better his villa side look than his arsenal one. When they were playing out from the back flawlessly today I was reminded of the contrast of that traumatic game against Watford when he was arsenal manager...

GDeep™

League is very weak
The problem is we have patterns of play, incredibly structured. It’s like we are playing the NBA, or NFL, with drawn up plays. When we are on it, it works, but all it takes is for one player to not quite be at it and the whole thing can fall apart. We don't leave that room for freedom and individual quality to take over, at least not enough anyway.
Been saying this for 2 years.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Haphazard

Sucks to lose but I always thought we would finish the season 3rd with a CL QF

Thing is that any other team aside from City and I'd say 2 points is still doable , they are just too experienced and have too much quality and have the best manager to boot.

Credit should also be given to Villa as well, they are 4th in April they haven't come this far by fluky results.

I think Arteta's plan was to phase out Zinchenko this season but Timber's ACL threw a wrench in that plan , I think even a fit Tomi probably doesn't make the mistakes he did.

ptrcopp

How is that ridiculous or stupid? Only one team tried to win in the second half, and it wasn't us.
This is what annoyed me about it. Taking off Ødegaard and Jorginho on looked like we were conceding the win.

Why Jesus was on the pitch for 79 minutes is beyond me. Hasn’t been involved in a goal since he has come back. It very much looks like to me that his play doesn’t fit into our system too

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
This is what annoyed me about it. Taking off Ødegaard and Jorginho on looked like we were conceding the win.

Why Jesus was on the pitch for 79 minutes is beyond me. Hasn’t been involved in a goal since he has come back. It very much looks like to me that his play doesn’t fit into our system too

Not impressed with him, but he was very much involved in a goal against Bayern.

Malky

Established Member
This is what I mean...

...from a man who never won a league title and who literally sh1t himself on the pitch on live TV once.

I hate what we allow people to say about us since we moved stadiums 😡
The guys just fishing for attention, it’s all the ****ing bellend does.

Bradpiff

What's this nonsense of fatigue when we've played less games than both City and Liverpool this season.

Blame Arteta for not rotating his squad and utilising it more adequately. Why isn't Tomi being used at LB, why is his signing of Vieira ostracised since he's been back from injury, why return to the horrid Havertz midfield experiment that costed us 15+ points in the first half of the season.
The AM experts grasping at straws looking for anything to blame but tets

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

It was just a bad second half guys.

We clearly should have scored and probably been a couple of goals to the good in the first half; our final pass and general profligacy killed us.

Can’t really explain why we were so poor after that, though Arteta was slow to react (Bayern was obviously on his mind in both selection and subs), but Villa are clearly a very good, physical and extremely well disciplined team.

Next two games will show how far we’ve come since last season.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby

Ødegaard injured apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom