• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa | Sunday 14th April | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLArsenalAstonVilla2122.jpg

Prediction

Arsenal 3-0 Aston Villa

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I'm not sure what it was, but our players had no urgency. We had 2 days more rest but played like we were in pre season. There's a title on the line ffs..

Big loss, title is City's to lose unfortunately.

Zinchenko should be sent to the front as he wishes btw.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The 2nd half was horrendous. Not good enough. Only consolation is that a point wouldn't make a big difference either, and Arsenal didn't deserve to win. It's a bit weird as Villa had only a 2-1 win on Thursday and more missing players, so Arsenal bottled the game.

City was expected to win Luton, and Liverpool lost to a much easier opponent at home. **** happens, to the next one.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Arteta can fck off with Jesus and Zinchenko too if he still can't understand we won't win shiite with them starting games, made exactly the same mistake at the end of last season too, we were on a winning run but first chance he gets he bring them back in, just don't seem to learn
Drama queen...

ZInchenko played because Kiwior isn't a left back despite his best efforts and Tomi's not fit. Timber doesn't do his ACL and its a whole different story.

Jesus is just horribly inconsistent. He can be brilliant against the best and terrible against the worst. We all know both these guys were bought to get us to the level we are at, but will soon be squad guys.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Unai Emery was bound to get something at Arsenal today. I would have maybe started with Eddie Nketiah today, freshen the front line a bit. Not too sure what he was expected to do, being brought on in the 87th minute. Then again, there was the injury time as well, which was around 8 minutes.

KarlAFC

That we didn't play since Tuesday and had most of our squad fit for this home fixture while Villa played Thursday night and didn't have Douglas Luiz available makes this all the more pitiful. I might have accepted a below par performance and a draw but this result just isn't acceptable. Forget Zinny and Jesus starting, there really shouldn't have been tired legs in the second half.

KarlAFC

Drama queen...

ZInchenko played because Kiwior isn't a left back despite his best efforts and Tomi's not fit. Timber doesn't do his ACL and its a whole different story.

Jesus is just horribly inconsistent. He can be brilliant against the best and terrible against the worst. We all know both these guys were bought to get us to the level we are at, but will soon be squad guys.
They're already squad guys. I'd be happy selling Zinchenko in the summer. A new forward for next year and Jesus would have to earn his minutes off the bench.

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
It was a bad day at the office. Nothing specific to blame it at.

We just didn't perform. It happens. Us and Liverpool. Unfortunately, Man City exist who even at their worst is still comfortably better than whoever they are up against. Our first half of the season is catching up with us here where we dropped some bad points.

We have another chance with the champions league if we bother turning up.

NZgunner

A promising first half, but a limp second.

Villa deserved it, especially considering the two shots that almost went in after hitting the woodwork.

Maybe it's unfair, but even with those Villa chances and the late ones they took, I felt the turning point of the game (and probably season) was Trossard's miss from 6 yards. That goes in (by itself must have been an xG of 0.9) and I think we go on to win comfortably.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
What's this nonsense of fatigue when we've played less games than both City and Liverpool this season.

Blame Arteta for not rotating his squad and utilising it more adequately. Why isn't Tomi being used at LB, why is his signing of Vieira ostracised since he's been back from injury, why return to the horrid Havertz midfield experiment that costed us 15+ points in the first half of the season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

We are getting absolutely destroyed online for this loss, rightly so to be fair.

It's always something embarrassing from us, ffs...on the same day Xhaka wins the league officially, we pretty much lose ours and have Emery doing knee sides at our ground.

Why can't we just lose with dignity in the Emirates era, we always have to really go down with no ****ing glory!

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

We are getting absolutely destroyed online for this loss, rightly so to be fair.

It's always something embarrassing from us, ffs...on the same day Xhaka wins the league officially, we pretty much lose ours and have Emery doing knee sides at our ground.

Why can't we just lose with dignity in the Emirates era, we always have to really go down with no ****ing glory!
Social media is hyperbolic garbage, not a place for rational critique exactly. There's a reason I just avoid it entirely whenever we have a bad result.

How would you go about losing with dignity?

Riou

How would you go about losing with dignity?

Playing as well as we did in the first half in the second, but maybe drawing 0-0 or getting unlucky sucker punched as we pushed for a winner we needed and sending someone to plant a bomb at Tottenham's stadium...feel there would have been a quiet dignity in that.

That whole second half I felt like I was just waiting to die with pretty much no hope 😅

Riou

This is what I mean...

...from a man who never won a league title and who literally sh1t himself on the pitch on live TV once.

I hate what we allow people to say about us since we moved stadiums 😡

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Playing as well as we did in the first half in the second, but maybe drawing 0-0 or getting unlucky sucker punched as we pushed for a winner we needed and sending someone to plant a bomb at Tottenham's stadium...feel there would have been a quiet dignity in that.

That whole second half I felt like I was just waiting to die with pretty much no hope 😅
The reaction would be exactly the same from our own fans and social media. "Losing with dignity" is not a thing unless you're facing a far superior opponent and you're expected to lose convincingly beforehand. It's mote a thing with bottom table half clubs playing top opposition.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
The rumors of us being linked with Ivan Toney are over. Maybe have a look at Ollie Watkins. Currently 2nd in the Premier League goalscoring charts.

Ollie Watkins Football GIF by Aston Villa FC

🟪🟦 🟥⬜

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Cmon we are still on top on GD. Competing with liverpool to win our second straight PL after 115 have their trophies removed from them. Gotta move like 115 will be found guilty. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom