• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,157,510

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No need to sell Ox yet, he has talent and we have to find a way to unleash the potential.

But he needs to watch out, there is not only super talents in the academy like Willock or Nelson who are coming through.

Toral has done very well on loan and can play on the wings, Iwobi already part of the squad, and Jeff is huge talent as well.
Willock, Gnabry and Iwobi are/will be directly competing with the Ox. If they're all ahead of him then he has to go.

IMO they all have as much upside as him. Willock is a natural dribbler blessed with excellent feet and pace, Gnabry is a unique winger due to his mixture of strength, pace and clinical finishing with either foot and lastly Iwobi who is a very well rounded player with excellent technique and fits perfectly into Wenger's system. Not to mention AMN who might return from loan.

ricky1985

Established Member
Deep midfield will be of interest. With McGuane, Bennacer and Sheaf all looking to impress.
I might be wrong but I can see Wenger trying to develop Reine-Adelaide into a central midfielder. I think teaching him to play the position might be easier than trying to make him a good enough goalscorer to warrant playing as a forward.

Playing from deep he could become such a weapon in transition as well. Can cover 30 or 40 yards with the ball so quickly and leave opponents trailing in his wake.

E

Enoch

I might be wrong but I can see Wenger trying to develop Reine-Adelaide into a central midfielder. I think teaching him to play the position might be easier than trying to make him a good enough goalscorer to warrant playing as a forward.

Playing from deep he could become such a weapon in transition as well. Can cover 30 or 40 yards with the ball so quickly and leave opponents trailing in his wake.

I've always seen Reine-Adelaide as a box-to-box, he has everything in my opinion to be our new Vieira.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

I don't think you're wrong to be honest - I can easily see Reine-Adelaide in central midfield. He'd be what Arsenal twitter calls an excellent "needle" player. Because he has the strength and dribbling to break a press and create transitions, he'd be ideal IMO. He would need to be a bit more decisive as a player but I do like him as a midfielder. You could make the argument for Maitland-Niles aswell. Looks good on the wing but I think he'd be even better in CM. Has the work-rate, has shown defensive aptitude and is a solid technician.

I really rate McGuane though - think he's really good breaking up play and is very solid on the ball. I'd like to see how he develops.

chessygoal

I've always seen Reine-Adelaide as a box-to-box, he has everything in my opinion to be our new Vieira.
It sounds like the Diaby project mk2.
From the little I have seen of Jeff in midfield (1 game) , he looked really out of place with no clue when it came to defending. I'm not sure that you can teach that.

Reactions: BBF

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It sounds like the Diaby project mk2.
From the little I have seen of Jeff in midfield (1 game) , he looked really out of place with no clue when it came to defending. I'm not sure that you can teach that.
cc9.gif

ricky1985

Established Member
I really rate McGuane though - think he's really good breaking up play and is very solid on the ball. I'd like to see how he develops.
Yeah, I've had a close eye on him for a while and he was outstanding when I saw him live against Liverpool at the Emirates. Really impressive. Seems to have only strengths in his game and no real weaknesses.

I am very intrigued to see how he does later on today and generally through the European U17 Championships out in Azerbaijan. If he can, firstly, get in the team and then hold his own against some of the best kids across Europe in his position, it'll be a very good sign.

Also can't wait to see what Nelson does for England. He got 6 goals in 6 games in qualifying, England's top scorer. It'll also be the first time he's played against players roughly his own age all season! Would love to see him tear it up out there!

I don't think you're wrong to be honest - I can easily see Reine-Adelaide in central midfield. He'd be what Arsenal twitter calls an excellent "needle" player. Because he has the strength and dribbling to break a press and create transitions, he'd be ideal IMO. He would need to be a bit more decisive as a player but I do like him as a midfielder. You could make the argument for Maitland-Niles aswell. Looks good on the wing but I think he'd be even better in CM. Has the work-rate, has shown defensive aptitude and is a solid technician.

Wenger him self said when he joined that he saw him as a midfielder, which nobody took seriously because Wenger sees everyone as a midfielder.

BobP

Memri Fan
I was very happy when I saw Reine-Adelaide in the Emirates Cup, Diaby left but he was reincarnated in the form of Jeff.

He sometimes holds onto the ball for too long but at the same time fouls are often called in his favor as he's tripped up.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Malen started earlier for Holland U17s, don't know what the score was.

England U17s about to play now. Marcus McGuane, Tolaji Bola and Reiss Nelson all start. I'm trying to find a stream that works, will post it when I can.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Malen started earlier for Holland U17s, don't know what the score was.

England U17s about to play now. Marcus McGuane, Tolaji Bola and Reiss Nelson all start. I'm trying to find a stream that works, will post it when I can.
Malen missed a sitter as Holland lost 2-0, he was poor.

Nelson has scored going by twitter, that's 7 goals in 7 u17 games for England, superb for a winger.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Malen missed a sitter as Holland lost 2-0, he was poor.

Nelson has scored going by twitter, that's 7 goals in 7 u17 games for England, superb for a winger.
Shame about Malen.

England have lost too, it's full time. Nelson scoring again though is great news - he really is a top, top talent IMO. Expect him to continue impressing overall.

ricky1985

Established Member
Pleased to hear all out boys started, very happy to hear Reiss did his thing too. Big shame there was no stream - at least I assume there wasn't, was busy myself so couldn't check - and also a shame that England lost. Would like to see them get to the latter stages and see what McGuane and Nelson can do then.

England play France on Monday evening and I know that one is scheduled to be shown in Eurosport Uk, so we'll get to see them properly then.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom