• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,161,167

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We already have a team of pretty capable dribblers but Willock is the kind of dribbler who can break the meanest of defenses at his best. Adept at running into open space or navigating tight space. Magnificent balance and agility. Very quick feet.

What gives me hope is that he has fantastic technique on top of this and is beginning to shoot more, and confidently make decisions in the final 3rd. He's definitely one of our biggest talents in a long while, alongside Reiss Nelson.

Nketiah is looking like a very good one too. @Aevius posted this one a while back, as well as I, but wanted to revisit it again:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/features/20150915/young-guns-edward-nketiah

Some very interesting comments. Seems like a highly intelligent young player with a great awareness of his game. Like that he mentions high pressing as part of his attacking game and lists 2 of the 3 things he needs to work on as transitional response and game management! :lol:

I did make a loose Suarez comparison earlier, and I didn't remember that in this article, the player he feels he is most like is Suarez & Aguero. If he can get anywhere close to their quality........

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Willock is OP, getting to a point where he's too good for U21s.
Such a huge step, remember when Gnabry and Akpom were both taking the piss at u21 level.

They both still have time tbf but I hope things are easier for Willock. Would be nice to have a 'natural' dribbler in the first team.

Alexis is tricky and the Ox is powerful but we have nobody who's shown Willock's ability to glide through multiple players.

9jagooner

Nketiah is a finisher no doubt. I will like to see him in pre-season. Let's see what he can do with balls from Özil, Santi and Wilshere.

Mourgos is another player I have my eyes on. He is very good with the ball at his feet and can pass the ball too. Still a bit too early for him though

Its early for them all, but talented are they.

Must be hard for Wenger though, the moment he finally got a large group of talented players, he at the same time have a lot of money and lot of pressure from the fans to spend the money! Hopefully he will find the right balance there!

Expecting Iwobi and Jeff to get closer to first team, with Toral also getting into the squad, with Akpom and Willock as the dark horses.

ricky1985

Established Member
Nice little bonus this Wednesday afternoon aswell:

Compilation of Reiss Nelson. Got to remember that he's the youngest of the lot, next year I predict even better things for him. He's a top talent.
I just can't wait to see what he can do next season. Everything is there in his game to become a truly devastating attacker. I even think he's going to have a pretty fearsome physique once he's filled out more. He seems to be taller and stockier than most of his team mates despite consistently being, by a distance, the youngest player in the team.

Really intrigued to see how his dribbling comes on next season. I've seen lots of examples in videos from younger age groups of his skill and close control but he seems to have been a little conservative playing for the U18s and U21s. I reckon it's a smart move on his part because he's up against 18, 19 and 20+ year olds nearly every time he plays this season. Willock was quite similar when he first made the step up.

To have both him and Willock coming through at the same time, and both Hale Enders too, is something to be very excited about. Something to cheer us up after this season anyway.

Jack the lad

I just can't wait to see what he can do next season. Everything is there in his game to become a truly devastating attacker. I even think he's going to have a pretty fearsome physique once he's filled out more. He seems to be taller and stockier than most of his team mates despite consistently being, by a distance, the youngest player in the team.

Really intrigued to see how his dribbling comes on next season. I've seen lots of examples in videos from younger age groups of his skill and close control but he seems to have been a little conservative playing for the U18s and U21s. I reckon it's a smart move on his part because he's up against 18, 19 and 20+ year olds nearly every time he plays this season. Willock was quite similar when he first made the step up.

To have both him and Willock coming through at the same time, and both Hale Enders too, is something to be very excited about. Something to cheer us up after this season anyway.

I would consider giving them both a chance vs Aston villa if the game is meaningless. I have followed the youth teams for a long time and i think they are the two biggest talents since wilshere. Jay Emmanuel Thomas and Chucks Aneke, Benik Afobe were excellent. But JET was a physical beast compared to others and had a bad attitude. Anekes engine was/is so poor that he was never going to be a top footballer. Afobe is playing in the premier league and could probably play better than most of our strikers. They could sort out our wings for a decade. i would go for this against aston villa

Cech
Bellerin Chambers Koschielny Monreal
Elneny Wilshere
Özil
Nelson Sanchez Willock

ricky1985

Established Member
I agree about them being the biggest talents to come along since Jack. The others you mentioned all had their faults, Willock and, even more so, Nelson, have pace, power, athleticism and supreme technical ability - good across the board.

Not sure they'll get a look in this season, but I suspect Willock will get a chance in pre-season to show he can contribute next season. Not impossible that Reiss does too given all the players that will be on extended holidays due to Euros/Copa. Would be exciting if Willock was thrown in against Villa though! Nelson's away with the England U17s at the European Championships so no chance on him.

Reine-Adelaide is another that has everything in his game, no real weaknesses to stop him becoming a top player, and has a chance of impressing in the summer too.

Jack the lad

I agree about them being the biggest talents to come along since Jack. The others you mentioned all had their faults, Willock and, even more so, Nelson, have pace, power, athleticism and supreme technical ability - good across the board.

Not sure they'll get a look in this season, but I suspect Willock will get a chance in pre-season to show he can contribute next season. Not impossible that Reiss does too given all the players that will be on extended holidays due to Euros/Copa. Would be exciting if Willock was thrown in against Villa though! Nelson's away with the England U17s at the European Championships so no chance on him.

Reine-Adelaide is another that has everything in his game, no real weaknesses to stop him becoming a top player, and has a chance of impressing in the summer too.

We should import Adelaide,Willock,Nelson in the first team in the next two years. We should sell Walcott,Chamberlain,Campbell,Gnabry this summer and one of Giroud/welbeck the next summer. Buying two elite attacking players instead. I would be comfortable with Aubemeyang(any wc striker),Fekir(Any very good/wc winger) ,Sanchez,Welbeck,Giroud,Willock,Nelson for the front 3.
We could raise close to 60m for those 4 Walcott(20m),Ox(30m),Campbell & Gnabry(10m).
I think we could get Aubemeyang and Fekir for around 100m together so that would be a good start.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

I am glad I'm not the only one who has noticed. He is definitely playing it a little safe at this level. Think once he gains more confidence we are going to see more flair from him. He has a devastating trick or two in him.

I am most excited about his goal threat though. He has really good shooting.

No need to sell Ox yet, he has talent and we have to find a way to unleash the potential.

But he needs to watch out, there is not only super talents in the academy like Willock or Nelson who are coming through.

Toral has done very well on loan and can play on the wings, Iwobi already part of the squad, and Jeff is huge talent as well.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom