• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Sure, but the notion that there is no point in keeping him is ridiculous. You could slot him into striker position with ease (no need to change the rest of the team or tactics), and he can play on the wing if need be. It'd be great to keep him around.

I myself have absolutely lambasted Walcott and Welbeck, proper putting my bollocks on the line in doing so. If Walcott maintains his form he'd have shut me right up, the stage is set for Welbeck to do the same.

Nobody likes to eat humble pie, but I'll happily do so if it means The Arsenal play better. #NIS.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I myself have absolutely lambasted Walcott and Welbeck, proper putting my bollocks on the line in doing so. If Walcott maintains his form he'd have shut me right up, the stage is set for Welbeck to do the same.

Nobody likes to eat humble pie, but I'll happily do so if it means The Arsenal play better. #NIS.
I've posted on this forum so much now that I've come to praise and trash on all players at some point in time (bar maybe Alexis and Iwobi). I might have to go back and brush some stuff over before the team starts getting bang on form and you start looking through old posts :lol:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I've posted on this forum so much now that I've come to praise and trash on all players at some point in time (bar maybe Alexis and Iwobi). I might have to go back and brush some stuff over before the team starts getting bang on form and you start looking through old posts :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I wouldn't advise against it ;).

Trill

Not Trilly
I don't know about "nothing stands out" - he has a killer mentality for a lad so young. Also a very tidy finisher.

I just meant that he doesn't have qualities that immediately stand out like pace or dribbling ability.

It was only when I realized how calm I was when he received the ball that I started to take notice, technically he's superb. The greatest thing about him is how well he reads the game, his decision making is literally near the best in the squad.

The only thing left was to see if he could convert his play into goals and assists and it seems to me he can. Our best play this year has always had him at the center.

I actually think the main reason Alexis is playing up top is that Wenger wants Iwobi in the first team, can't give a better compliment than that.

logic DC

alex iwobi, where do I start, all I can say is I've now seen the light wgat a great talent, I like how he takes in the ball, his first touches in crowded eras always gets him away from opponents, he is good dribbler too. in all games so far this season I've yet to see him make a wrong decision and his only what? 20!. I feel he is better than all those headlines grabbing sensations.

Aevi

Hale End FC
alex iwobi, where do I start, all I can say is I've now seen the light wgat a great talent, I like how he takes in the ball, his first touches in crowded eras always gets him away from opponents, he is good dribbler too. in all games so far this season I've yet to see him make a wrong decision and his only what? 20!. I feel he is better than all those headlines grabbing sensations.
Thankfully, the lack of an English tag and goals (for now, we know he's capable) are keeping him out of the big spotlight. He'll be able to develop at his own pace.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

People do know about Iwobi. When I was strolling through Chelsea forums to have a laugh, I saw comments like: "we have a good chance today with nothing players like Iwobi in attack for Arsenal." Those were instantly followed by comments of other Chelsea supporters stating that the ones saying that probably never watched Iwobi play and that sort of stuff. The media just chooses to ignore our/Iwobi's rise and I really like that.

Reverse Flash

He is what Hleb was to Cesc, a safe but damaging outlet. He finds space and time to execute lethal passes inbetween the lines. He has really grown into his role where players like Özil dont even think a second about passing the ball to him in tight spaces. (Unlike Ox, Theo etc)

DSmich

People do know about Iwobi. When I was strolling through Chelsea forums to have a laugh, I saw comments like: "we have a good chance today with nothing players like Iwobi in attack for Arsenal." Those were instantly followed by comments of other Chelsea supporters stating that the ones saying that probably never watched Iwobi play and that sort of stuff. The media just chooses to ignore our/Iwobi's rise and I really like that.

It's very true. When I talk about him people laugh and say : << How could u expect to win the PL with guys like Iwobi, Per and Chamberlain ? >>

What's happening with Iwobi, he's like Bellerin before his huge run against Bayern.

Iwobi his our future Henry, he has the confidence but hasn't the "finition nécessaire". He's evolving pretty good.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The sick thing is that we have more players like him coming through. Players that have no obvious weaknesses. AMN, Jeff, Willock(when his body is ready), Nelson. The future is bright.

Could actually see all of them in the matchday squad(bench most of them) come 2018/2019.
The chances of that are so low in modern football but with this batch it really could happen.

They're all so technically adept and intelligent. Wenger trusted a 17 year old AMM to play in centre midfield against none other than Wesley Sneijder and he did it well.

It's swept under the carpet a lot but that is insane.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He is what Hleb was to Cesc, a safe but damaging outlet. He finds space and time to execute lethal passes inbetween the lines. He has really grown into his role where players like Özil dont even think a second about passing the ball to him in tight spaces. (Unlike Ox, Theo etc)

I really liked Helb, was never that highly rated because of his lack of end product. But he took so much pressure off our players by being able to maintain possession comfortably, when surrounded by defenders.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I really liked Helb, was never that highly rated because of his lack of end product. But he took so much pressure off our players by being able to maintain possession comfortably, when surrounded by defenders.

Hleb was unbelievable in possession and he could hold the pass until the right one came along .

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

I agree, 07/08 Hleb was top class. I see the comparison between Iwobi and Hleb, but Iwobi looks like he can be a prime Hleb with end product..

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
I agree, 07/08 Hleb was top class. I see the comparison between Iwobi and Hleb, but Iwobi looks like he can be a prime Hleb with end product..

This. Iwobi seems a lot more goal-hungry and decisive in the final third.
There was even this clip I found a couple of months ago that compares their style of play, don't know if someone posted it yet:

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
I was never that huge on Hleb overall, but he should have won player of the year in 07/08. Some of the stuff he pulled off that season was some voodoo ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom