• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NotAUserName

Not unfair at all. Both have underwhelmed in their most recent Arsenal performances going back a while now. This kid is electric, can pass, dribble, score, assist, & defend - has pace and most importantly makes better on field decisions than BOTH Rambo & the Ox. The Ox & Rambo are competing for ONE position out wide in a fully fit & functional 1st team. Rambo ain't beating out Özil or Cazorla & certainly not Le Coq nor Xhaka for that central birth.

Özil & Iwobi are different types of players man - don't compare. Özil pulls the strings in the final 3rd - the ultimate playmaker.
That article sounded as if Iwobi was the conductor in the final third.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I guess you totally missed the poster's point. It is not playing like Iwobi, style wise. It is about following the commitment, clarity of purpose, simplicity and intelligence that makes Iwobi the player he is today.
PS.
@redanddread, Bro, sorry for trying to interpret your thoughts. Hope I did an ok job. :lol:
you interpreted my thoughts better than I wrote them!

N

NotAUserName

I guess you totally missed the poster's point. It is not playing like Iwobi, style wise. It is about following the commitment, clarity of purpose, simplicity and intelligence that makes Iwobi the player he is today.
PS.
@redanddread, Bro, sorry for trying to interpret your thoughts. Hope I did an ok job. :lol:
My bad. Didn't realize Rambo and Ox were uncommitted, confused and dumb.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Not to put feathers in my own cap, but from the first moment this guy entered the FA cup competition last season, you could clearly see it: qua-lie-tie. The most important aspect in football is decision-making. We've seen pacy young attackers with fancy moves, but he is totally different. He knows what's around him, he knows where he is, and he knows what happens if he makes one move or the other. I honestly don't think you can teach what he's got, not in a million years. It's brilliant to watch him play, and I hope he can continue this.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Not to put feathers in my own cap, but from the first moment this guy entered the FA cup competition last season, you could clearly see it: qua-lie-tie. The most important aspect in football is decision-making. We've seen pacy young attackers with fancy moves, but he is totally different. He knows what's around him, he knows where he is, and he knows what happens if he makes one move or the other. I honestly don't think you can teach what he's got, not in a million years. It's brilliant to watch him play, and I hope he can continue this.

To add to that, my biggest gripe with him last week was his defensive effort. Last night though he was tracking back decisively and supported Nacho well. Kudos to him (and to Bouldie, who, I bet, may have been on Alex's case on that).

N

NotAUserName

In all seriousness though, for you to interpret my comments the way you did, is not only unfair but also totally disingenuous.
I admit I may have not been 100% serious in my answers but when you say Ramsey and Ox should follow Iwobi in terms of commitment, I just don't know how to respond. It's just baffling.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I don't get the hate at Ramsey and Ox. They barely played this season. We will need them later on. Lets get behind them.

I don't know where you see hate mate. As a matter of fact, redandread is one of Ox biggest fans here. The point made is about Iwobi's performances and how the other two could emulate him.

Uncle Good-Advice

I don't know where you see hate mate. As a matter of fact, redandread is one of Ox biggest fans here. The point made is about Iwobi's performances and how the other two could emulate him.
Exactly. Of course they will probably never have Iwobi's ball control or awareness, but to emulate his workrate and willingness to learn and improve is something we should expect from them. It's like new Walcott's case, you have to play to your strengths and minimize weaknesses. I'm sure that both Ramsey and Ox have certain individual qualities that can improve us. It's just down to mentality, striving for being the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Latest posts

Top Bottom