• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iddi

This boy is proving me wrong, I thought he was a bit overrated but he looks technically amazing and intelligent. I think he might end up as an attacking midfielder.

Sir Bump

Unhealthy obsession with Aaron Ramsey
Superb technician. I was a bit suspect of the plaudits at first.
But watching him more closely, he looks very very very good.
Looks like he's nailed down that LW spot, and can only improve playing with worldies like Özil and Alexis.

Surprised he hasn't had the Sterling hype yet from the media.

Finesse

Great player. Kid has quick feet and always makes the right decisions on the ball. His first touch is perfect and knows naturally when to pass and link up or surge solo. If only he can borrow some of this to the Ox.

Iwobi is still coming out of his shell. At his age it is normal for him to keep pinching himself if he is really playing for Arsenal with these bunch. He rightly says and knows Wenger wants him to work on his defensive game. If he can balance the aggressive work Theo and Sanchez are doing by replicaing same on his own flank..then we have a season to savour. IMO he needs to get int the box often. Today on more than 3 occasions he was arriving in the box very late and almost jogging. He shud be bursting his gut as Alexis and Theo to put a foot into crosses. Overall a young legend in the making with tons of potential.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I also love that he was intelligent enough not to join the English team. I wonder if it was ever a question?

Imagine the pressure of the English media hounding his every movement like Ox and Sterling.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Imagine the hype if he had chosen England and played for Sp**s, let alone Liverpool! He'd be considered a god! But this is probably better for him. He looks very good. Needs to learn how to finish off chances though but he looks like he will get that settled soon enough. It's inexperience and mentality issue more than a technical one.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just watched the highlights and the boy is involved in most of our attacks. What a prospect he is.

No safety!

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard

2:50 *fap*

EDIT: Can't believe they've already took it down.

Last edited:

Goonerozil33

What I like is how Wenger has tried to address his defensive weakness compared to how Mourinho tried to address the defensive weakness of Hazard and RLC. I see Iwobi as a player similar to Busquets. Not positionally, but in terms of intelligence in his game, his offensive positioning and the way they both manipulate the ball using an upright stance. Like Busquets he is a triangle player. They both know how to play in tight spaces and combine with other players. Hopefully he will go on to be a great player.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Great compliments from the master himself.

"World Cup winner Özil is clearly impressed with Iwobi's rise to the top and said: "He reminds me of his uncle Jay-Jay Okocha. He was a player I loved watching.

"Alex reminds me of a mixture of him and Edgar Davids. He's really strong on the ball, also defensively, but he's good in front of goal too."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/mesut...-jay-jay-okocha-and-edgar#HFTsDecoj63QqlDG.99

N

NotAUserName

The Ox & Rambo better take a good, long hard look at what this kid is doing because if they have any pretensions of getting back into the 1st team they could take a page out of this lad's book. Understated and over productive.
That is totally unfair. You can't expect them to play like Iwobi. They are all different type of players. Still, isn't Özil supposed to be doing what Iwobi currently does?

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
That is totally unfair. You can't expect them to play like Iwobi. They are all different type of players. Still, isn't Özil supposed to be doing what Iwobi currently does?
Not unfair at all. Both have underwhelmed in their most recent Arsenal performances going back a while now. This kid is electric, can pass, dribble, score, assist, & defend - has pace and most importantly makes better on field decisions than BOTH Rambo & the Ox. The Ox & Rambo are competing for ONE position out wide in a fully fit & functional 1st team. Rambo ain't beating out Özil or Cazorla & certainly not Le Coq nor Xhaka for that central birth.

Özil & Iwobi are different types of players man - don't compare. Özil pulls the strings in the final 3rd - the ultimate playmaker.

Edit: Nice problem for Arsenal to have as BOTH the Ox & Rambo are still potentially excellent players but they need to up their game big time.

carlito'sway

Established Member

I guess you totally missed the poster's point. It is not playing like Iwobi, style wise. It is about following the commitment, clarity of purpose, simplicity and intelligence that makes Iwobi the player he is today.
PS.
@redanddread, Bro, sorry for trying to interpret your thoughts. Hope I did an ok job. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom