• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Iwobi's development could conceivably become one of Wenger's greatest accomplishments of recent times.
Agreed, he is growing at an unreal rate. Haven't even watched the game yet but from the highlights with his moments, he is just breathtaking. He is so well rounded and modern at such an young age. Can't believe he isn't raved about even more.

carlito'sway

Established Member
afcstuff ‏@afcstuff 56s56 seconds ago

Iwobi: "At the moment, because I'm not really the best at defending, [Wenger] says I need to treat it how I treat attacking." #afc

Iwobi on Wenger: "He is experienced, he knows about the Premier League, he knows about everything." #afc

Iwobi on Wenger: "It's such a great feeling to work for him. He's been at the club for 20 years & has worked with some class players." #afc

logic DC

Iwobi is probably the most important player in our current project, his emergence meant, we can play Alexis further forward without losing creativity on the wing, which means no place for giroud and that suddenly means more pace upfront. we also can afford to have a winger like Theo in our side whose only focus is to attack and to make runs, he doesn't have to be particularly adapt at keeping possession as we have Iwobi for that.

logic DC

various people claiming he will be a good player but nothing more because he is not as explosive or flashy like Rashford, Martial and Dembele, this boy to me is a better player than rash and Martial. I feel Dembele and him a level rn but I really like Dembele he is a fantastic talent.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Rashford, Alli, Iwobi and Dembélé among Golden Boy nominees

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/29/golden-boy-rashford-alli-iwobi
Good for him but he's probably a bit short of winning this at the moment.Just managing expectations.

From a neutral point of view you can't argue with the records Dembele broke or ridiculous end product that Alli produced in a league like ours. You then have Rashford who's had a video game start to his career. The Golden Boy is mostly a hype award.

@hydrofluoric acid has this strange belief that I hate Iwobi but it couldn't be further from the truth.:lol:

various people claiming he will be a good player but nothing more because he is not as explosive or flashy like Rashford, Martial and Dembele, this boy to me is a better player than rash and Martial. I feel Dembele and him a level rn but I really like Dembele he is a fantastic talent.

Still don't see it with Martial. Another Arsenal-mania hype job like Hazard and few others...

Martial has a mountains to climb if he is going to do anything in his career.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Martial is the biggest hype job I've ever seen, literally the definition of being rated because of your price tag. :lol:

Of course he's still young and can improve but people were acting like his season last year proved we should have broke the bank to get him. Not only that but it proved he was a world class striker. 1.) he had a decent season, nothing special and 2.) he's not a striker nor will he ever be a striker.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
I'm glad that Iwobi is rapidly developing under the radar. Honestly, I would be very surprised if he even had a sniff to that award, which is great. The ''under the radar'' development seems to suit his character a lot better.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Every since you didn't think he could be a starting material here I have been on your case!
I never said that. :lol:

I was calling for him to start ahead of Theo and Ox last season, I just didn't believe Wenger would start him over Theo and Alexis on the wings. Now that Alexis is our striker that problem no longer exists.

The only other thing I've said that you could take as 'criticism' is that I see his ceiling as a top player not a world class one. I think that's fair enough tbh.

I never said that. :lol:

I was calling for him to start ahead of Theo and Ox last season, I just didn't believe Wenger would start him over Theo and Alexis on the wings. Now that Alexis is our striker that problem no longer exists.

The only other thing I've said that you could take as 'criticism' is that I see his ceiling as a top player not a world class one. I think that's fair enough tbh.

Guess you're right. I must have remembered this different. I went through the Iwobi thread, page 52 is what I was talking about. You said this.

"World class players are usually first XI material (He was for us but that was mainly down to injuries and poor wingers) at Iwobi's age. There's obviously exceptions to this though."

Anyway. Just glad it is working out for him. He plays the football brilliantly and I think there is a lot more to come from him!

P.S. There is a room for a nobodyissafe campaign in Iwobi thread!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Martial should have come to Arsenal to be our CF. He would have been undroppable by now. He went to the circus instead. It was the worst possible environment for a guy at that stage of his career. I'd make the decision now to start afresh somewhere else asap, or waste another 2 years of your career.

There's nothing to not like about Iwobi at this stage. It's very exciting.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Guess you're right. I must have remembered this different. I went through the Iwobi thread, page 52 is what I was talking about. You said this.

"World class players are usually first XI material (He was for us but that was mainly down to injuries and poor wingers) at Iwobi's age. There's obviously exceptions to this though."

Anyway. Just glad it is working out for him. He plays the football brilliantly and I think there is a lot more to come from him!

P.S. There is a room for a nobodyissafe campaign in Iwobi thread!
Yes, exactly.

I think I was comparing Iwobi to the likes of Wilshere, Fabregas and even Rooney at similar ages. Like I said, he's not on that level imo. Doesn't mean I'm not a big fan of him. It feels like you're classified as a hater on here unless you call each of our players world class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]
Back
Top Bottom