• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale (Out)

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I just saw the 15m and spat out my drink all over dinner.

Steak ruined. Thanks @A_G

Fr tho wt actual F?

You have to wonder how much the club will make from ESR, Nketiah and Reiss.

Who am I fooling lol we’ll probably offer them contract extensions. Edu masterclass 😂

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
You have to wonder how much the club will make from ESR, Nketiah and Reiss.

Who am I fooling lol we’ll probably offer them contract extensions. Edu masterclass 😂

People get carried away with their valuations of our players. For 1, their high wages, and 2, they haven't played any consistent football in years.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
People get carried away with their valuations of our players. For 1, their high wages, and 2, they haven't played any consistent football in years.

This applies to ESR and Reiss, less so Eddie who got a fair bit of game time over the last 2 seasons although admittedly he didn’t set anything on fire.

It doesn’t really apply to GKs though. £15m for Ramsdale might actually be it for me.

Dokaka

AM's resident closet Arsenal fan
What's with the hate on Pickford btw? Turbo punchable face obviously but he's been a solid keeper for years now, seems like a decent signing for most good teams missing a decent keeper. I'd take Pickford over Ramsdale any day, Ramsdale is probably better on his best days but he's got way more howlers in him and you also sign up for his foot in mouth PR stuff etc.

I don't see anyone paying anywhere near £35m for a 2nd choice keeper everyone knows you want gone with an entire years worth of "yeah maybe he wasn't that good" narrative behind him.

Teams simply don't spend that kind of money on keepers outside the top 4.

Dokaka

We got offered 40m for ESR given such a small sample size…

95% of Arsenal fans laughed at that bid, if you're talking about the Villa one. At that time he looked like a future superstar. Since then he's been permanently injured or out of favor. Hard to come up with a better way to tank your value.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
We got offered 40m for ESR given such a small sample size…

But it was a small sample size where he was playing well, we've really let his price plummet, and we'll likely regret it as there is a player there, he just needs to play. Nketiah, Nelson, i don't think they'll offer much to any PL team. Even Ramsdale to an extent, i wouldn't say he's much better that any of the GKs at other teams.

Dokaka

But it was a small sample size where he was playing well, we've really let his price plummet, and we'll likely regret it as there is a player there, he just needs to play. Nketiah, Nelson, i don't think they'll offer much to any PL team. Even Ramsdale to an extent, i wouldn't say he's much better that any of the GKs at other teams.

Yeah that's why I don't get the "we should get £35m+" shouts. What teams below Arsenal would actually pay £35m for a decent keeper? Teams like us don't spend that kind of money on keepers, so it'd have to be a team like Chelsea or Newcastle, two teams facing massive FFP problem. I really don't see where that money is coming from.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

95% of Arsenal fans laughed at that bid, if you're talking about the Villa one. At that time he looked like a future superstar. Since then he's been permanently injured or out of favor. Hard to come up with a better way to tank your value.

:lol: I would know lol I nearly got run off the forum for saying it was a fantastic offer back then, mainly because I wasn’t convinced by his small sample size and I didn’t think his ceiling was anything special compared to Saka.

Should have really cashed Reiss, ESR and Nketiah by now.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
15M is a total piss take unless it's a dodgy deal with Isak coming back the other way.

I've gone off Isak. Sesko makes more sense to me given his age and potential. No point spending huge money to have another 24 year old striker. Feel Kai will be our no.9 to start the season.

Dokaka

:lol: I would know lol I nearly got ran off this forum for saying it was a fantastic offer back then, mainly because I wasn’t convinced by his small sample size and I didn’t think his ceiling was anything special compared to Saka.

Should have really cashed Reiss, ESR and Nketiah by now.

I remember watching ESR at like 15 and being blown away by his level of talent, so I'm the opposite. I still think he generally performs well when given the chance. How Arteta has dealt with him is one of my biggest question marks about Arteta, he's clearly good enough to get consistent minutes at the 8 or on the wing as a squad player but he barely touches the pitch.

Agree on Reiss and Nketiah though. Never been anything but underwhelmed by Reiss, don't even think he looks like a PL player tbh, just a bunch of nothing on the wing.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He had the same contract situation as Ramsdale right now: two years left with a club option for a third, so this could be a good litmus test for Edu and Garlick.

The only way i would sell him at a discount would be if they did the same for Bruno, but for FFP it would make more sense to give each other higher fees.

Reactions: A_G

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakun Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Latest posts

Top Bottom