• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

AC Milan will come to China.

Shirley

It is officially annouced that AC Milan will come here to China and play two matches at May 30 in Hong Kong and at June 2 in Shanghai respectively.

However, as the EURO 2004 is coming, most of the backbones, namely those who will be called up by their national team will not come, such as Pippo Inzaghi, Nesta and so on.

I hope Sheva will come and then I will have the opportunity to have a look at him.

Also hope that one day ARSENAL will also come to China.

JazzG

Established Member
I think we could make good money coming to China but the problem is you need to have a proper pre-season and if you sacrafice that for making quick money going to the far east you can have problems.

VCC

I think we could make good money coming to China but the problem is you need to have a proper pre-season and if you sacrafice that for making quick money going to the far east you can have problems.

*cough* Liverpool *cough*

Aussie

Established Member
JazzG said:

Exactly my thoughts. Every one complains about Arsenal not going to places like Asia and America like manure. But getting the side ready for the season is much more important than gaining a few bandwagon supporters and making a few bucks.

Having said that Arsenal can you come to Aus.

KingReyes

Established Member
We must have the biggest following in Austria, Arsenal go there all the time. Don't know about this year since we play in the Ajax tournament.

JazzG

Established Member
Doing a quick tour might not cause too many problems but it has to be planned properly. Look at man utds pre-season (lets assume they win the FA cup)

21 July Flying to Philadelphia, US
25 July Playing Bayern Munich (Chicago)
28 July Celtic (Philadelphia)
31 July AC Milan (New York)
3 Aug PSV Eindhoven (Old Trafford)
5 Aug Urawa Red Diamonds (Old Trafford)
6 Aug Stan Ternent Testimonial
8 Aug Arsenal - Community Shield (Millennium Stadium)
11 Aug Champions League qualifier
14 Aug Premiership season starts
25 Aug Champions League qualifier

That is a ridicolous pre-season, they are gonna be burned out by the time the season starts and add to that many players will still not have recovered from euro 2004. They are lucky the teams in the CL qualifiers are seeded otherwise they might of faced a top european side.

Aussie

Established Member
Thats why id prefer our players to be off relaxing in Austria where they are not in the spotlight and can just concerntrate on getting themselves ready for around about 50 games of football.

Soler

Established Member
JazzG said:
Doing a quick tour might not cause too many problems but it has to be planned properly. Look at man utds pre-season (lets assume they win the FA cup)

21 July Flying to Philadelphia, US
25 July Playing Bayern Munich (Chicago)
28 July Celtic (Philadelphia)
31 July AC Milan (New York)
3 Aug PSV Eindhoven (Old Trafford)
5 Aug Urawa Red Diamonds (Old Trafford)
6 Aug Stan Ternent Testimonial
8 Aug Arsenal - Community Shield (Millennium Stadium)
11 Aug Champions League qualifier
14 Aug Premiership season starts
25 Aug Champions League qualifier

That is a ridicolous pre-season, they are gonna be burned out by the time the season starts and add to that many players will still not have recovered from euro 2004. They are lucky the teams in the CL qualifiers are seeded otherwise they might of faced a top european side.

They will be royally buggered. There is no possible way that they won't already be fatigued from those matches by the time they play their first Premiership match.

Not that I'm complaining of course ;)

Aussie

Established Member
Wouldnt it be funny to see them not qualify for the champions league.

How do they work out who you play in the qualifers for the CHamps league. Is there a ranking system or just names out of a hat.

JazzG

Established Member
ranking system. Otherwise they could end up facing either Barca, Deportivo, R.madrid, Juve or Inter. Would of been funny if they had to face one of them ;)

Soler

Established Member
They'll face someone from like, Hungary or one of the former Yugoslav republics. In 02/03, Newcastle went to Bosnia.

JazzG

Established Member
Newcastle got knocked out this season didn't they hahaha. Hopefully man utd will as well, would be too funny seeing the self proclaimed 'european super power man utd' playing in the UEFA cup :lol: Ain't gonna happen but would be good laugh

Soler

Established Member
They lost to Partizan this season, last season they beat NK Zeljeznicar from Sarajevo.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom