• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: Less Ox, More Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Bump

Unhealthy obsession with Aaron Ramsey
Hard to keep that confidence when you're not starting tho.

He really needs to think hard wether he wants to be a squad player at a club like Arsenal, or a first teamer for a club like Everton......

I can't really seeing him being a consistent first teamer here.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He'll certainly start against Reading in the League Cup so that'll be another game for him, probably away to Ludogorets too. I don't think Iwobi starts the entire season anyways, I think because of his inexperience his form will drop at some stage so it's up to Ox to take advantage. Hopefully seeing how Theo's a completely different player motivates Ox even further to show even if you're out of favour you can fight your way back.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Some pleasing stuff, but I'd like to see him battle for a place at LWF.

I wont say his decision making is dogshit all the time, but it still looks sketchy when he's central. I think his role needs definition, and I think he'll get that on a flank. On the wing, he can either beat a man and cross, or cuts inside to shoot or pass. I want it simple for Ox, because he's not able to make best use his attributes when he's carrying the ball centrally. Let it happen naturally for him from the wing, like it's revived Theo. Simplify his role, and let him find his way again.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Staying fit should be his first priority. He can build on this nicely with perhaps another sub on the weekend and a start against reading. He'll get to share in Iwobi's minutes and enough chances over the rest of the season.

N

NotAUserName

A goal, an assist, 5 chances created and take-ons each (most in team for both). I'd say he had a good day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sykes

Great game yesterday. Looks like it'll be a battle between him and Iwobi for a spot on the left. He could also be backup to Theo on the right, but he doesn't make intelligent runs like Theo does.
This is good for team.

razörist

I'd be tempted to play him against Middlesbrough and Reading. That's not slight on Iwobi I just feel Ox has done enough that he should get the chance to go again.
I agree with you, but I doubt it will happen. Iwobi is playing well at the moment, and with Reading around the corner, Wenger will probably think there is enough game time to go around. I'm hoping for a good 20-30 minutes against Boro and a full 90 against reading.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thought his goal was really well taken, would have been easy to blast it over or wide but it was perfectly placed in the corner.

Definite case for starting him at the weekend. It'll keep everyone motivated and fighting.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He's gonna push Iwobi all the way. One thing I liked about his game yesterday was the assurance of his touches, killed the ball and at times kept it simple.

Ox is a fantastic player. I wouldn't wanna see him play anywhere else. Wenger has a decision to make this weekend :lol:.

razörist

He's gonna push Iwobi all the way. One thing I liked about his game yesterday was the assurance of his touches, killed the ball and at times kept it simple.

Ox is a fantastic player. I wouldn't wanna see him play anywhere else. Wenger has a decision to make this weekend :lol:.
What I liked most is that in the second half, you could see he was enjoying himself. He wasn't playing in his head, overthinking or whatever. It was just a boy and a ball and he was having fun. That pass on Lucas for Özil's second deserves more praise. That's making up somebody's mind for them, very good.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I agree with you, but I doubt it will happen. Iwobi is playing well at the moment, and with Reading around the corner, Wenger will probably think there is enough game time to go around. I'm hoping for a good 20-30 minutes against Boro and a full 90 against reading.
Iwobi is playing exceptionally well but you have to remember he is very young and you only have to look at Wilshere, Ox, Gibbs etc to see how too many games at a young age can have a long term impact. He also isn't long back from injury himself.

Also I think the Ox should be rewarded for his performances recently. Otherwise where is the incentive to play well.

But ultimately it's Wengers decision

ScotVieira

Established Member
I thought he turned it around in the 2nd half after a forgettable 1st half, probably helped in confidence by the goal.

I don't think Wenger should give him a starting spot ahead of Iwobi just yet. Let's see more of the 2nd half type of performances before he is given such a spot. We should avoid complacency by these guys.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Maybe he can take some inspiration from Walcott. Perhaps he could do with a loan...in any case there is a good player in there somewhere. You get the feeling that he just needs a couple of good games to find some belief.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Good to see him playing well but lets not go overboard, he had a good game off the bench and then against one of the worst teams in Europe. Still Iwobi starting until he has a few bad games/Ox has a few more good games. I think he suits the impact role anyway.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I've got a lot of time for Ox, and I still think there's a monstrous player in there somewhere, but his performance the other night is an example of how stats can give a false impression imo. I didn't think he was all that at all, yet 1 goal, 1 assist and 5 'chances created' says he was fantastic... I saw a lot of reasons why he's behind Iwobi in that game. Some of his decision making was almost unforgivably bad. Proper head-scratching madness.

**** me, 'm adness' has been censored :lol:o_O

SYS

Ox performance was by no means bad but after Iwobi its getting harder to envision someone else in that role

N

NotAUserName

Ox performance was by no means bad but after Iwobi its getting harder to envision someone else in that role
Meh, think they'll fight for it. You can't just say the role belongs to Iwobi when we just won 6 - 0 with Ox for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom