• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Isak

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The only reason I see Arteta going for Isak, is if they only buy one attacker. He can cover the whole attack.

But even though he is very tall, he isn't good at aerials like Havertz is. So personally I would rather buy Malen for the rumoured half the price, and use the money elsewhere. He can also cover the whole attack.

I would also prefer Williams over Isak, for half the price. I just think he is too expensive with his injury history, just like I think of Osimhen. But at least Osimhen is another proven target man, which is required to the attack.

With Jesus, and I doubt he will sold for peanuts, I don't see the need for expensive Isak. Isak is taller and maybe faster after Jesus injuries, and a better finisher. But it's not like Isak is overperforming his xG.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
So personally I would rather buy Malen for the rumoured half the price, and use the money elsewhere. He can also cover the whole attack.

We get it you like buying **** things over good thinks because they cost less. But this is Arsenal, we aren't trying to make a poverty meal for a family of 9

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
This guy or Rodrygo are the best potential options. Isak has PL experience though

drippin

We get it you like buying **** things over good thinks because they cost less. But this is Arsenal, we aren't trying to make a poverty meal for a family of 9
Clearly not, as I prefer Arsenal buying Luiz over Zubimendi for example. I see Luiz as almost perfect DMF/CMF addition (wanted him before his extension), who can give corners and free kicks with a great long shot, and is a leader. EPL proven with good English skills.

So if Arsenal buys just one attacker who can play across the attack, I would for example prefer Malen over Isak if it meant that Arsenal has the funds to buy Luiz. Malen is rumoured to be like half the price.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Goals win games & Isak scores more than Jesus. Both get injured, but Isak is clearly better at scoring than Jesus. Simples

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Clearly not, as I prefer Arsenal buying Luiz over Zubimendi for example. I see Luiz as almost perfect DMF/CMF addition (wanted him before his extension), who can give corners and free kicks with a great long shot, and is a leader. EPL proven with good English skills.

So if Arsenal buys just one attacker who can play across the attack, I would for example prefer Malen over Isak if it meant that Arsenal has the funds to buy Luiz. Malen is rumoured to be like half the price.

Malen is also bang average and no better than Nelson. Why not advocate for no forward instead of this plumber?

drippin

Malen is also bang average and no better than Nelson. Why not advocate for no forward instead of this plumber?
It's just an example of a attacker who can play all across the attack and is available for half the price. In the long run Malen would be an upgrade over Trossard, being faster and younger, so much more fitting to play on the wings.

My clear preference is buying the best DMF/CMF available, which for me is Luiz with 2 years left. And I would buy Gyökeres over Isak as a target man. Gyökeres earns like half as much as Isak currently, so over the contract period it's likely 13-26 million pounds more wages for Isak, as he would earn minimum 50k per week more.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
It's just an example of a attacker who can play all across the attack and is available for half the price. In the long run Malen would be an upgrade over Trossard, being faster and younger, so much more fitting to play on the wings.

My clear preference is buying the best DMF/CMF available, which for me is Luiz with 2 years left. And I would buy Gyökeres over Isak as a target man. Gyökeres earns like half as much as Isak currently, so over the contract period it's likely 13-26 million pounds more wages for Isak, as he would earn minimum 50k per week more.

We're not Sheffield Wednesday brother, I don't think 13-26 million pounds more in wages mean that much for a club like Arsenal if Isak is available?

If Gyökeres and Isak goes for the same fee, you take Isak, despite his injury record, he's the better footballer, PL proven, more pace and more technical ability, he's done it in La Liga and played with Ødegaard too. If he's available you pay 13-26 million more in wages, no doubt about that. We will most likely free up salary space this summer and have more to play with.

drippin

We're not Sheffield Wednesday brother, I don't think 13-26 million pounds more in wages mean that much for a club like Arsenal if Isak is available?

If Gyökeres and Isak goes for the same fee, you take Isak, despite his injury record, he's the better footballer, PL proven, more pace and more technical ability, he's done it in La Liga and played with Ødegaard too. If he's available you pay 13-26 million more in wages, no doubt about that. We will most likely free up salary space this summer and have more to play with.
That's taking the assumption that Isak costs only 85 million, when they paid 63 million for him and he has 4 years left. Newcastle isn't stupid. Everything matters regarding FFP.

So it's quite certain that Arsenal could rather get Luiz & Gyökeres vs. Zubimendi/Onana & Isak. My choice is the better midfielder. Both Luiz & Gyökeres are proven durable players.

Isak has 13,3% aerial win percentage, and 14,3% tackle success rate this season. Not exactly giving confidence he can be a target man like Havertz.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom