• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I hate Jean-Michel Aulas...the Berlusconi wannabe cvnt.

Totally unfair comparison....The dude is shrewd businessman but he is not in any way a scumbag, racist like Berlusconi. On top of it he puts his money where is mouth is. He is building a great club at Lyon. Respect to that.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I rate Lacazette, but he's not worth the money Lyon is asking for.

Lyon is like Porto...you can't do business with them unless you accept to be fleeced by them.

Yeah that's true , I wonder why they let Martial go so cheaply to Monaco.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Totally unfair comparison....The dude is shrewd businessman but no way a scumbag, racist like Berlusconi. On top of it he puts his money where is mouth is. He is building a great club at Lyon. Respect to that.

Let's not forget that Silvio Berlusconi built a dynasty in AC Milan before he decided to sell his soul to the devil.

I saw an interview a while ago where Aulas names Berlusconi along with Mandela and Dalai Lama as some of the men his admires (Of course that was before the Italian media revealed his true colours to the world).

carlito'sway

Established Member
Let's not forget that Silvio Berlusconi built a dynasty in AC Milan before he decided to sell his soul to the devil.

I saw an interview a while ago where Aulas names Berlusconi along with Mandela and Dalai Lama as some of the men his admires (Of course that was before the Italian media revealed his true colours to the world).

True but Berlusconi has always been a shady character, Aulas is a businessman and a shrewd one but does not have, as far as I know, any similar baggage. I am not a big fan of his style or methods but he is a hands-on, committed and visionary leader for his club. I wish we had someone as committed at our club.

Last edited:

olyon9

Yeah that's true , I wonder why they let Martial go so cheaply to Monaco.
Monaco have played smart that time. In France an office of control of finance of all club call DNCG verify your finances the 30TH June at midnight. We were in the red and that .... named Gomis(bad player always offside) refuse to leave to... Swansea for 10 millions(go free there a year after) so Monaco come the 29th June and give us 5 million for Martial we were blocked so we accept that deal. The Lyon fan were really angry even make a petition if a remember but it was useless.The club make an official statement to accused Gomis but that asshole stay a year more. In the 80 millions for Martial 14 millions are for us

Last edited:

MLK

Monaco have played smart that time. In France an office of control of finance of all club call DNCG verify your finances the 30TH June at midnight. We were in the red and that .... named Gomis(bad player always offside) refuse to leave to... Swansea for 10 millions(go free there a year after) so Monaco come the 29th June and give us 5 million for Martial we were blocked so we accept that deal. The Lyon fan were really angry even make a petition if a remember but it was useless.The club make an official statement to accused Gomis but that asshole stay a year more. In the 80 millions for Martial 14 millions are for us
Just so I have this straight, Gomis refused to leave and stayed for the remainder of his contract and Aulas was pissed that he wouldn't leave.

On the other hand, Lacazette probably wants to leave, but Aulas has risen his price to extortionate levels to ensure he stays.

I must say, Aulas sounds like a self serving ****. He wants to force players out when they have a contract with them and at the same time, he wants to force players to stay when they have a contract.

GOONER1991

Established Member
The more I see of Lacazette, the more that I think he'd be a good signing. The thing with Arsenal is this; our midfield is so good, no matter who you put upfront, they will score goals. Giroud as we all know is incredibly limited, however he's got goals in this team. Both Welbeck and Walcott looked excellent upfront at times last season.

Welbeck, Walcott and Sanogo all came in and changed the front line of the team when we were struggling. This is due to Giroud's lack of mobility. Welbeck & Walcott's movement in particular made a huge difference to our team. The issue we have is this - we either have Giroud who is immobile, or we have Welbeck/Walcott who are mobile, but who also regularly fall over their own feet when trying to dribble/finish.

We NEED a striker who has a blend of all attributes, and I believe that Lacazette has this. He is mobile, a good finisher, with good pace, while he's also a decent dribbler. It would make a huge difference to have a striker who can take more than one touch on the ball.

Take a look at the video above, which I think gives a good feel of what kind of player he is.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Just so I have this straight, Gomis refused to leave and stayed for the remainder of his contract and Aulas was pissed that he wouldn't leave.

On the other hand, Lacazette probably wants to leave, but Aulas has risen his price to extortionate levels to ensure he stays.

I must say, Aulas sounds like a self serving ****. He wants to force players out when they have a contract with them and at the same time, he wants to force players to stay when they have a contract.

It is slightly more complicated than that. Gomis did not want to extend but refused all the trade offers as well in order to leave on a Bosman. That is why all clubs hate to get to a point where the player has one year left and has all the leverage.
For Lacazette, it is a fair deal, when Michy goes for 40 M, Aulas would be dumb to let his main asset go for less. The dude is not in a charity business.
By the way, by definition as well, when you have a contract, you are suppose to respect and fulfill it. It goes both ways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom