• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Another day at the job for Freddie...

Anders Limpar

In swedish newspaper Aftonbladet there is an article about Freddie and his game against Inter Milan at Highbury (who remember that game?). Apperently Nike has put a chip in his boots to get all kind of statistics about him...

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,424260,00.html

In the bottom of the page there is images of what the study resulted in so for all of you who can't read swedish (now that is strange, hrmmm) here is some vitals for you:

He runs 12 km against inter and makes 149 contacts with the ball, in the first half (first picture) he stays mostly on the right side hand of the midfield (He explains that AW likes him to be a bit more carefull in the first half, not get out of position that much, and then in the second half he's more of an free role (second picture)).The arrows points the direction of play.

The third picture has divided the pitch into nine zones tho show his percentage of display at each zone. Apperently he's inside his own penalty area more than 10 min. of the game, something that surprised him a lot.

Thre forth picture shows his contact with the ball divided into three categories (feet, head and chest - I wonder how the chip in his boot measures head contact?). Anyway, finding out he didn't touch the ball once with his head makes him joke: "-Haha, that is so typical me, not using my head." He will make a perfect modell once he put up his boots, :twisted:

The fifth picturesshows short, explosive runs, apperently above average for a footballer at this level and the same goes for the sixth image; which distance does he put in during a game. The first staple is his game against Inter, the second his average and the third the average footballer at the top level. Keep runing Freddie, you're in the lead...

The best part comes in the last picture, out of all 90 minutes on the pitch, Freddie stands still for 11 seconds, otherwise he is in motion the entire game...

...coffee-break anyone? :D

Adam

Established Member
That is probably one of the most fantastically interesting posts i have ever seen here. Thanks alot!

He probably covers the third most amount of ground during 90 minutes in our team - after Vieira and Henry.

torgrim

I think I've read somewhere that Freddie is club champ on the ten yard sprint. He's explosive alright!

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom