• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Another Rotherham Report

jc8gooner

Graham Stack- Pretty solid on the night. A bit dodgy on crosses but scored a good penalty and saved the crucial one in the sudden death.

Justin Hoyte- I was reasonably impressed actually. Didn't put a foot wrong and tackled hard. All together now: Justin Hoyte, Hoyte, Hoyte!

Stathis Tavlaridis- composed on the ball, good in the air. Strong and determined, he looks a better bet than Pascal.

Pascal Cygan- has got a lovely left foot and is OK on the ball but has a tendency to ball-watch and thus lose his position. Not really tested on the night though.

Gael Clichy- Got up and down the left flank all evening and played pretty well, apart from one dire cross in the first half. Not gona replace Ashley any time soon though.

Jerome Thomas- Showed some good skill and pace on the left wing and played his heart out. Can't see him ever making the first-team on tonight's showing though.

Edu- Ran the midfield on the night and even did a bit of showboating in the second half. Clearly deserves a place in the starting line up in my opinion.

Cesc- To be honest, I was a bit disappointed. I know he is only 16 but I expected a bit more. He looked a bit lightweight, a few passes went astray, and he had one sliced shot. However, he did look pretty comfortable on the ball and his passing was usually slick and accurate. Probably one for the future, the distant future- not in the next 2 years.

Sylvain Wiltord-Not too bad, industrious as usual. Made some good dribbles but still looks to be lacking in confidence.

Kanu- Another of the established stars playing on the night, he managed to restore some of my faith in him. Lacks confidence in front of goal but played a good game overall, coming deep at times to dictate things.

Jeremie Aliadiere- A well- taken goal and fine penalty and some good runs behind the defence when hanging in to the shoulder of the last defender convinced me that he should start to figure more for the first-team.

Subs
Ryan Smith- Some great skills, step overs etc, and ambitious runs forward really impressed me. He has pace and a good left foot and looked better than Jerome Thomas on tonight's performance.

John Spicer- Only on for a few minutes and did little of note apart from a great penalty into the top corner with the pressure on.

Quincy Owusu-Abeyie- Of the young lads that plyed tonight, he looked the best. Some wicked skills that made fools of experienced pros and some great dribbling had me shouting- "Give the ball to Quincy!" I reckon he could be good if gven a chance. Piss poor penalty though.

Overall a great game tonight. It was the first domestic cup game I have been to, having been to many prem and champs league games and I really enjoyedit. Arsenal kept possession well, and did look dangerous going forward. The atmosphere was suprisingly good, considering many non-regulars were there. I had some of John Spicer's mates sitting near me and we had a right old sing-song. Made up some new chants-

Prince Ali,
Fabulous he,
Aliadiere

and

Justin Hoyte, Hoyte, Hoyte!

Couldnt' think of anything for Stathis Tavlaridis though.
Great to see the game go to penalties and I didn't think we would win against the old pros who could handle the pressure. However, the young lads were fearless, stepping up to take their pens and dispatching them with great aplomb. I can't wait till the next round when, fingers crossed, we get a home draw against another first division team like Palace. I would love to see these youngsters play again, with the addition of David Bentley.

Taozhe

awesome for many who did n0ot get to see the game and wanna know more about our Youths. Apparently this Quichy kid from Ajax realy impressed. I will take more notice of him in future. Shame Cesc didnt live up to the hype we believed he would be but its just one game ....

lets charge for the next Cup shall we? :)

Jinn

Established Member
Quincy joined Arsenal as a scholar from Ajax, where Dennis Bergkamp and Kanu plied their trade - and plays in a similar way to the star strikers.

He spent nine years at the Dutch club, and spent a trial period with the Gunners before signing in the summer of 2002.

Quincy struck six of Arsenal's goals in the 7-1 win over Wolves in the Under-17s play-offs last season. It was part of 17 strikes in just 20 games for the pacy frontman.

He also impressed when he came on for the first-team in their pre-season friendly at Barnet in July.

PLAYER PROFILE
Name: Quincy Owusu Abeyie
Position: Forward
Born: Amsterdam, April 15, 1986
Joined Arsenal: September 2002

From Arsenal.com

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom