• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal 1-1 Middlesbrough, Live from The Emirates

The George

As we all know yesterday was a dissapointing draw which has almost ruined our chances of the title once again. The form recently hasn't been great with 4 draws out of 5 games, but the team is still very young. Also Missing the presences of a in-form Van persie and Rosicky.

At 9am we left for the train to Waterloo and then from the tube to Holloway Rd and arrived in london on the cold morning, but with anticipation and high hopes for todays game. We like to get there early to goto the Arsenal Museum and to the cafe before the match.

So off to the renowned pub, The George, for a few pints before the match. A friendly Home team ONLY pub which does become very busy 2 hours before the game.

4:30 pm we entered the ground and took our seats in through P styles row 17 seats 1031 and 1032.

Awesome atmosphere as always with the usaual chants and high hopes.

I knew this game wouldnt be easy looking at 'boros recent form so i was expecting a good game. Kick off approached and Eduardo made a special appearance, good to see hes all well and on the mend. Then the players emerged from the tunnel and the match got on its way. The game was extremely frustrating as the Ref ( Halsey ) was keen not to see any tackles 'boro threw at us, thus not giving us a penalty for the shirt pulling on Eboue or Adebayor, in all Halsey had a really bad day and the terace chants explained this in better detail. When 'Boro scored my heart sunk, it felt like the world was on our shoulders. Good to see Van Persie back and he played well considering. The refs mishaps continued to the final whistle with a late red card against Mido for his elbow on Clichy. He didnt see the incident and the crowd went crazy but he issued the red apon seeing the seriousness of the un-called for tackle. Halsey continued to blunder by getting in the way off a Arsenal pass and consulting his linesman for incidents he was closer to and should have spotted instantly. A bad day for ref Halsey who stole the show but we had to soldier on. We still really miss the presnce of a fully fit Van Persie and the brilliant Rosicky but as always we grabbed the late goal and only dropped 2 points.
Walking back to The George was awesome as the police shut off all but one road and 60,000 people marched down the road in unison. All in all a good day out but a dissapointing result.

Overall the game was brilliant but every team know how to play us now and we really need to change something to produce results. They always hit us on the break then score and then proceed to defend in a 8-1-1 formation. Frustrating !!!

Thankyou Guys, Players, Wenger and the home fans for making the day shine even though the rain fell throughout.

Look out for my next matchday review ( Hopefully soon).

Ref......M.Halsey
Ass refs....T. Massey, A Garratt
4th offc.....S.Bennet

Next game: Chelsea - Arsenal, at Stamford, hope to see you there.

The George

Oh BTW mods and admins i can't post anywhere else on forums and i'd really like a Matchday forum for me to post my reviews for when iv'e been to the Emirates or just watched it at home. Just so i can let people know whats gone on if, heavens forbid, they didnt watch it. Thankyou, please email me or PM or talk to me on MSN. Thankyou

Nutsy

Established Member
The George said:
Oh BTW mods and admins i can't post anywhere else on forums and i'd really like a Matchday forum for me to post my reviews for when iv'e been to the Emirates or just watched it at home. Just so i can let people know whats gone on if, heavens forbid, they didnt watch it. Thankyou, please email me or PM or talk to me on MSN. Thankyou

Post in the Lobby and engage yourself in the debates there, there is a seperate match thread for the lobby and the Arsenal Talk. It's when you are promoted to [Forum Member] enables you to post anywhere else.

Good luck.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom