• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Finances

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
The flip side to that is our stadium cost about 400m while theirs cost 1.2b. That cost and the associated interest should be covered by increases in revenue but it will be difficult for them to invest significant amounts into their squad with such a big liability hanging over them.
Hopefully🤞.
Football finance has changed massively since we built the stadium.

They have spent not far off us since it was built.

Let's hope they stay out of Champions League for a few years.

What I will say is they will not have to sell every season & buy youngsters as We/Arsène did.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Hopefully🤞.
Football finance has changed massively since we built the stadium.

They have spent not far off us since it was built.

Let's hope they stay out of Champions League for a few years.

What I will say is they will not have to sell every season & buy youngsters as We/Arsène did.

Yeah even though they won't spend quite as much as us on players, they haven't just given up on competing by selling their best players each year. I think Kane was an anomaly caused by him wanting to win, not because of financial reason.

Anyone understand if we really needed to take the approach Wenger did whilst paying off the stadium, was it really a necessity or could we have managed it in less drastic ways?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
9 clubs earn more revenue than us: every other Big 6 club in England, Barcelona, Bayern, Real Madrid, and PSG. If you took out the oil clubs, then this chart makes some sense. It's hard to see us eclipse Barcelona, Bayern, and Real Madrid any time soon given their historical pedigree, and United and Liverpool are the two most successful teams in England with huge brand names in Asia.

Tottenham and Chelsea are ripe for overtaking (they both earn more than us even though they are less valuable clubs) and we need 5-10 years of performances comparable to the last two years to move up the rankings to start challenging the top 5 clubs.

But in a sport where money has such a strong correlation to trophies, it is worth remembering these statistics when we're assessing how Arteta is doing.

Good posting .

Yes, I’d say 4 more seasons after next would return our ranking and revenue streams to the levels they were prior to us dropping out of the Champions League.

But further to that, we need to improve our commercial deals as well, we have done better of late with things like the training ground naming rights and so on, but this has to improve more.

We’ve taken the risk upfront on the pitch and that has been good as well. Arteta’s work extracting value from the squad on the pitch has been very good, and another area which can be improved on in that space is converting that increased value to sales.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Are we at risk of breaching PSR?
Premier League teams can make a £15million loss over a three-year monitoring period, with losses of up to £105m permitted, but only if the £90m difference is covered by secure funding from a club’s owners.

It looks like our losses over 3 seasons are £125m unless I have something wrong:

(Loss) before tax(45)(52)(28) Predicted

Certain costs are allowed to be deducted from that £105million figure though, such as infrastructure, women’s football, investment in youth and community work.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Premier League teams can make a £15million loss over a three-year monitoring period, with losses of up to £105m permitted, but only if the £90m difference is covered by secure funding from a club’s owners.

It looks like our losses over 3 seasons are £125m unless I have something wrong:

Certain costs are allowed to be deducted from that £105million figure though, such as infrastructure, women’s football, investment in youth and community work.
I haven't heard anyone reliable say it's a real concern, particularly given the likely sales of Eddie, Ramsdale and maybe ESR representing pure profit. It's also worth mentioning that we invest more than most clubs in women's football so those deductions may be significant.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I haven't heard anyone reliable say it's a real concern, particularly given the likely sales of Eddie, Ramsdale and maybe ESR representing pure profit. It's also worth mentioning that we invest more than most clubs in women's football so those deductions may be significant.

Wouldn't those be on next years numbers though unless done before July? The same reason Chelsea had until June 30th to sell a bunch of players. Would be a joke if we got charged before Man City

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Every club are in risk but our lastest revenue is healthy we not registered any loss but of course you can't keep spending 200M every season we have to sell well too

Goonger

Swiss Rambles take....

The first thing to appreciate with the FFP calculation is that the reported losses are reduced in two ways:

“Healthy” expenditure on infrastructure, youth development, women’s football and community.

Losses attributed to the COVID pandemic (as well as averaging the 2019/20 and 2020/21 seasons).

After making all these adjustments, I estimate that Arsenal ended up with a £15m FFP loss over the 3-year monitoring period up to 2023, which meant that they were £90m lower than the £105m maximum allowed loss.

Last edited:

Batman

Wouldn't those be on next years numbers though unless done before July? The same reason Chelsea had until June 30th to sell a bunch of players. Would be a joke if we got charged before Man City
We might well sell them before July. I've only heard positive things about our financial situation and that the January window was deliberately an inactive one for most clubs to avoid having problems like Everton.

Goonger

We might well sell them before July. I've only heard positive things about our financial situation and that the January window was deliberately an inactive one for most clubs to avoid having problems like Everton.

One little thing I notice is that our accounting period runs from 1st June, to 31st May, while Chelsea's run from 1st July to 30th of June.

I've no idea how this fits in with PSR etc, but I'm just wondering if that means basically with our financial year changing earlier, does that mean we can start acquiring earlier to put them in the new financial year, or does PSR have an arbitrary date? I assume it's just profit & losses reported in the accounts?

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

The next evolution of this club is for us to go down the multi-club ownership model - I would like us to acquire a smaller club that plays somewhere in Europe in a relatively strong league so we can have the ability to farm our academy players and extract maximum value from them in the way that Chelsea does.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The next evolution of this club is for us to go down the multi-club ownership model - I would like us to acquire a smaller club that plays somewhere in Europe in a relatively strong league so we can have the ability to farm our academy players and extract maximum value from them in the way that Chelsea does.
no this move i don't like chelsea doing this and ignoring the clubs they buying only oil clubs like city can do this and keep these not main clubs they buying running well. Kroenke will surely think about this but he already own many clubs in USA.

Batman

One little thing I notice is that our accounting period runs from 1st June, to 31st May, while Chelsea's run from 1st July to 30th of June.

I've no idea how this fits in with PSR etc, but I'm just wondering if that means basically with our financial year changing earlier, does that mean we can start acquiring earlier to put them in the new financial year, or does PSR have an arbitrary date? I assume it's just profit & losses reported in the accounts?
I would imagine that PSR must have a uniform date across the board which I assume is the 30th of June for everyone.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Arsenal & AC Milan have approached & probed the environment of Girona winger Viktor Tsygankov (26), who has a €30m release clause [Diarioas]

Latest posts

Top Bottom