• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Chelski: FA Cup Draw

thegame24

Established Member
dont get cocky people they aint push overs.

we will win cause we will play well and through hard work, this aint gonna be a walk in the park.

and why do man u keep getting easy draws?

if we reach final we deserve it cause we beat top teams, as last year we beat chels anbd man u

Mark

Established Member
we'll play chelski now, man u in the quarter finals, someone easy in the semi finals and then meet liverpool in the final for our revenge! i believe we can do it, we may have to rest henry against the likes of city and wolves though so he'll be fully fit for the tough games ahead.

reggiepaul

thegame24 said:
dont get cocky people they aint push overs.

To be honest game they are kinda pants really. I mean, look how much they've spent and still they have little to show for it in comparison. Third last season and third this season. If we play our first 11, we'll win this easily. The team against Boro would win this too. I'm not impressed by Chelsea and I think we may as well consider this game done and dusted.

jc8gooner

If we play well, to our capability, we will win against Chelsea.

However, if we play a weakened side it will encourage them and it will make it harder for us.

My initial reaction was: "Excellent." Why?
1) I would rather them than Man Utd
2) Its a home draw
3) We still have the edge over them
4) It would be great to beat them in the FA Cup 4 years running.
5) These are the sort of games that make football brilliant- the two FA cup games last season against these lot were great entertainment.

I'm confident that we can go through, but it will not be easy, as some above are making out.

EJub

I don't know why, but I am not worried.

Hope it's true about all of the Chelsea players out.

And I don't think there is any hope drawing Liverpool
in the final for a revenge game. Liverpool are crap and
won't make it that far.

Kyla

You're all being too smug about this. We should have never beaten them in the league. Yes, so we have home advantage-does that really count for **** in the FA Cup. The onus will be on us to attack and Chelsea should do enough to snuffle our offensive players out, no matter how many question marks have been asked of their defence this season! Perhaps the Chelsea voodoo will end here, ever think about that ppl?

Gooner83

Kyla said:
We should have never beaten them in the league.

If i recall, Crespo was off the pitch doing his bootlace.. ran back on the pitch without permission, so he was unmarked and scored.

You could also say it should have been 3-1

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Pat's missing Gerbil said:
chelsea have only once won at Highbury in the cup...........but never playing against Arsenal! Its about time that Ashley Cole fulfilled his full back destiny and scored a screamer in the last few minutes. Lets face it Nigel Winterburn, Silvinhio, Ralphy last year (and Kolo has too) have all been at it...............Step up Ashley Cole fulfill your destiny!!!!!

You forgot Lee Dixon- Highbury 95?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I think it's reasonable to be confident, but let's not get carried away. On their day, Chelsea are capable of turning anybody over- the fact that they have suffered so much at our hands recently just adds incentive.

zerofeel

its chelski again...someone up there wants us to get knock out from the fa cup for sure... yes Chelsea on their day can play as masterclassfully as real madrid but Arsenal will not let Chelsea come away with a win let alone a draw...its hard to predict who will win but im pretty sure Arsenal will prevail...and will meet MANURE in the final....

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Re: US T.V. - Arsenal v Chelsea (Rounds 1 & 2)?!

laolu said:
Beany said:
I'm in Florida for both these games

:D :(

Could one of our US operatives tell me where (if???) I can catch them on TV?

I guess it'll be highlights at best; any assistance much appreciated!

I may be in Orlando for Round 1; Definately in Miami/Fort Lauderdale for round 2.

If you have Fox Sports World, you should be able to get the games

Thanks; do hotels (4* level) generally carry this channel?

If not is there any public bar etc where I have a cat in hells of watching the games?

SF Gooner

Re: US T.V. - Arsenal v Chelsea (Rounds 1 & 2)?!

Beany said:
I'm in Florida for both these games

:D :(

Could one of our US operatives tell me where (if???) I can catch them on TV?

I guess it'll be highlights at best; any assistance much appreciated!

I may be in Orlando for Round 1; Definately in Miami/Fort Lauderdale for round 2.

actually I think these games will be pay perview. So i would hope for you sake that you are in miami during those games. There should ba a british pub on washington st. They'll probably charge anywhere between $10-20 for the game. The Irish company Setanta has the rights to most of the good games. Fox Sports World will probably show Tranmere or some other first division team. Either way ask if ther is a pub in town where ever that may be.

JazzG

Established Member
00/01 - Chelsea, Sp**s(derby match) and Liverpool
01/02 - Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea
02/03 - Man utd, Chelsea
03/04 - Chelsea

Will we never get a easy set of matches in the FA Cup :?

Ahh well, gonna have to pull something special out to beat em, should be able to manage though.

reggiepaul said:
To be honest game they are kinda pants really. I mean, look how much they've spent and still they have little to show for it in comparison.

No need to be so arrogent and call them pants. They probably aren't as good as us but they certainly are not pants.

Kyla said:
You're all being too smug about this. We should have never beaten them in the league. Yes, so we have home advantage-does that really count for s**t in the FA Cup. The onus will be on us to attack and Chelsea should do enough to snuffle our offensive players out, no matter how many question marks have been asked of their defence this season! Perhaps the Chelsea voodoo will end here, ever think about that ppl?

Their goal shouldn't of counted and they spent nearly the whole 2nd half camped inside their own half such was the pressure we put on them. They were at full strength and we didn't even have Paddy, we battered them silly in the 2nd half and deserved the luck we got. Bad finishing and great saves stopped us from scoring 2 or 3 more.

Perhaps one needs to stop being so negative about our chances ;) We are the better side and should win, it will be hard though.

AFCG7

Established Member
The Cup game will definitely be on Setanta.. so you will have to find a pub.. you can check setanta.com and look for the N.American pub guide.. that will give u a general idea of pubs in the area where u can see the games.

reggiepaul

JazzG said:
reggiepaul said:
To be honest game they are kinda pants really. I mean, look how much they've spent and still they have little to show for it in comparison.

No need to be so arrogent and call them pants. They probably aren't as good as us but they certainly are not pants.

I was commenting on their inability to use their funds wisely mister quick and fast. Notice I said "I mean" meaning, what I mean. It's not arrogance it's just a respect for money :D

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

AFCG7 said:
The Cup game will definitely be on Setanta.. so you will have to find a pub.. you can check setanta.com and look for the N.American pub guide.. that will give u a general idea of pubs in the area where u can see the games.

Thanks again; it seems there is a Setanta pub called Waxy O'Conners "0.0" k.m. from my hotel so that looks pretty good!

They obviously haven't fixed the FA Cup schedule up yet but i looks a good bet.

I suspect the PL game's a non-starter as they don't seem to have the rights to these. No idea who does but if anyone's got an idea please let me know!

AFCG7

Established Member
The EPL rights in N. America are owned by FoxSportsworld.. you should be able to see it in Orlando thru.. FoxsportsworldLA - thats latin American feed.. if its pay-per-view .. u can bet on seeing it in the same pub..since the ppv games are via Satellite and not shown live on network tele.
If its on the cable channel you might still be able to see it via DirecTV.

reggiepaul

Beany said:
Thanks again; it seems there is a Setanta pub called Waxy O'Conners "0.0" k.m. from my hotel so that looks pretty good!

They obviously haven't fixed the FA Cup schedule up yet but i looks a good bet.

I suspect the PL game's a non-starter as they don't seem to have the rights to these. No idea who does but if anyone's got an idea please let me know!

Beany, for most of America the one continent that is more football mad is Florida because of all the ex pats from the UK over there. I have a couple of friends over there but they won't be online until tonight so I could give you a few names then.

You should quite easily find a pub though.

Arsenal316

I think it's an inconvenience that we have three important games to play in 10 days of each other.

If anything, I would let Henry play in the PL and CL game, but perhaps put him on the bench for the FA Cup match.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom