• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs. AC Milan

Soler

Established Member
Okay, so we've already got Arsenal vs. Real Madrid, but what about how we'd do against one of the best defences in the world, AC Milan?

indy

hehe nice, but rememberthat night inter played a very attacking formation with 3 at the back but i think we still would've mullered them. :p

With AC MilanI say go wide and bombard them with crosses

Mark

Established Member
yeah on a more serious note, AC are much better than Inter and it wouldn't be that easy, but wheh henry plays like he did against Inter that night he can tear apart any defence in the world, with his tricks and pace he just left zanetti for dead. i think our defenders could deal with shevchenko and inzaghi, but they have a great talent in kaka who is quite tricky, i think it would be close but we could beat them on our day. 2-1 i'd say.

JazzG

Established Member
If they took the lead I seriously doubt we would score a goal, this team is the master of holding onto 1-0 leads by hook or by crook. Even Alex Ferguson commented on it, they had qualified for the knock out stages of the CL with 10 points and had conceded no goals and scored 3 goals, no that is not a typo, they qualified with three goals scored. That meant 3 1-0 wins and one 0-0 draw, that is amazing.

Shevchenko is lethal infront of goal, 14 goals in 16 games in seria a is bloody impressive. When he gets a chance more often than not he puts it away.

Kaka has been in impressive form for them as well, he must be good if he keeps Rui Costa and Rivaldo out of the team.

pamilih

I agree AC Milan's defence is very strong, stronger than Inter. But often seasoned players can be outpaced by talented youngsters.

So Ali dan Bentley should be on the bench to be played in the last 10 minutes.

Jinn

Established Member
We'd fare much better this season than last season. Funny the difference, with almost the same squad.

Milan have so much steel all over the park - I agree that playing them would be more difficult than Madrid. If you don't take chances, they can really punish you. Shevchenko scares me sometimes with the way he plays.

JazzG

Established Member
mood said:
Who said that Milan is better than Juve?

They beat them in the CL final?

Have played one game less and have equal points in the league as well. One could argue milan are stronger but you could argue juve are stronger as well.

We beat Juve a few years ago now, their team now is stronger than that one.

mood

Milan barely even score too.. They only scored 4 champions league goals this season. They had tough times with Clubbe Brugge and Celta Vigo. Roma have been doing much better in Serie-A this season than Milan have. Celta Vigo beat them, so did Brugge. They had a lucky 2nd win against Brugge too, they had a goalless draw with Vigo in the 1st game. Just because they are the Champions of Europe doesn't make them invicible. Inter Milan played better than they did in the semi final and Ajax even performed better in the Quarter finals.. even though they ended up winning.

mood

JazzG said:
mood said:
Who said that Milan is better than Juve?

They beat them in the CL final?

Have played one game less and have equal points in the league as well. One could argue milan are stronger but you could argue juve are stronger as well.

We beat Juve a few years ago now, their team now is stronger than that one.

They beat them alright. But Juve beat them 3 times in a row after that and drew 1-1 in Milan.

JazzG

Established Member
Juve have only played them once in the league this year and they drew 1-1.

mood said:
Milan barely even score too.. They only scored 4 champions league goals this season. They had tough times with Clubbe Brugge and Celta Vigo. Roma have been doing much better in Serie-A this season than Milan have. Celta Vigo beat them, so did Brugge. They had a lucky 2nd win against Brugge too, they had a goalless draw with Vigo in the 1st game. Just because they are the Champions of Europe doesn't make them invicible. Inter Milan played better than they did in the semi final and Ajax even performed better in the Quarter finals.. even though they ended up winning.

Milan have beaten Roma 3 times this season.

Celta Vigo beat them when Milan put out a weaker side and the Club Brugge result was a fluke.

I'm not saying they are unbeatable, all I'm saying is they are a very good side who are very hard to beat. They seem to always have luck on their side as well!

lewdikris

Established Member
Milan are the benchmark - along with Juve the best team in Europe in terms of talent on the pitch and cohesive teamwork. Could we beat them? Possibly, but it would be the hardest battle we'd ever have to have fought to do it.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom