• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: 20 Years and Counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerInPluto

Manager of the month for August was Mike Phelan. He played 3 matches, won 2, lost 1. He was up against Mourinho, Guardiola, and Conte. All others won 3 matches.
Anyways, in less than 30 minutes, the nominees will be announced, and voting will be open to the public too. I believe I can depend on the Arsenal twitter mob to have a real say in who wins what.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't think they do to be honest , if we did a secret ballot I reckon results would be surprising . ;)
Like Obi Wan Kenobi you see the truth. :)

You're absolutely right . . . . . but only while we're winning

GunnerInPluto

Well, the list is out.
Wenger, Poch, Klopp, Guardiola, and Pards. A tough one
Player of the Month: Llanana, DuBryne, Son, Lukaku and Walcott.
Xhaka also nominated for goal of the month. I am voting Arsenal all through, not because I'm an Arsenal fan, but because they deserve it.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Interesting article....

"The closest Wenger has come to leaving Arsenal was seemingly in 2014, when he delayed a decision about his future until after the Gunners' 3-2 extra-time FA Cup final victory over Hull City. Some sources close to Arsenal believe Wenger would have walked away had Arsenal been defeated, and in the immediate aftermath of the victory the manager appeared more emotional than at any other point during his 20-year career in English football -- almost disorientated as he navigated his way around Wembley Stadium. In post-match interviews, though, he confirmed his desire to continue.

Had Wenger decided to resign, however, Arsenal would have had options. 2014 was a relatively fluid summer for top-level managers changing jobs, partly because the summer of international tournaments generally sees a lot of coaches on the move. Today, there are fewer genuinely viable candidates."

http://www.espnfc.us/club/arsenal/3...atives-arsenal-should-give-him-a-new-contract

Godwin1

Very well-known
Interesting article....

"The closest Wenger has come to leaving Arsenal was seemingly in 2014, when he delayed a decision about his future until after the Gunners' 3-2 extra-time FA Cup final victory over Hull City. Some sources close to Arsenal believe Wenger would have walked away had Arsenal been defeated, and in the immediate aftermath of the victory the manager appeared more emotional than at any other point during his 20-year career in English football -- almost disorientated as he navigated his way around Wembley Stadium. In post-match interviews, though, he confirmed his desire to continue.

Had Wenger decided to resign, however, Arsenal would have had options. 2014 was a relatively fluid summer for top-level managers changing jobs, partly because the summer of international tournaments generally sees a lot of coaches on the move. Today, there are fewer genuinely viable candidates."

http://www.espnfc.us/club/arsenal/3...atives-arsenal-should-give-him-a-new-contract
Probably would have been the best time to leave, on a relative high with good foundations for a new manager to take over, with funds to invest. What followed were Wengers two worst seasons as a manager in the league, last season being particularly painful.

I'm undecided if it's mitigated by a transitional phase which we're going to have to endure at some point though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom