• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

This is very interesting.

Liam Brady has (apparently) said that there is a big divide in the board regarding Wenger and the direction of the club, with Gazidis wanting him gone.

Wenger is very unhappy that it wasn't dealt with much earlier and the board rift has caused us to drop out of the CL as there is so much uncertainty in the club.

Arseblog has also heard this.

This suggests that actually this situation isn't a matter of Wenger taking the piss and not making a decision, but that the board are a shambles and have been battling it out for months with Kroenke no where to be seen. Wenger has been taking a lot of the heat but the board deserve a lot more. Gazidis' silence is likely because he wants to make changes but has not been allowed to - probably doesn't want to **** things up even more by stirring the pot.

Unbelievable that Kroenke won't put an end to the rift. Guy is a ****ing cancer.

allegro

If Wenger had won the EFL Cup and Europa. . . there'd be a stack of posts about Mickey Mouse competitions, like when he won all those FACups.

Mourinho does it and he's a proven winner. :lol:
Mourinho is a horrible c$nt. But he is a winner and as Wenger proudly boasts he has managed at the "top top level for 40 years" Yet he still aint won those two 'micky mouse' cups!

Think you should get off the blowing smoke up Wenger a$$ at every opportunity and at least if your going to defend him do it when you actually have a credible point instead of just attacking and making snide remarks at others who are making a valid point like some petulant 'intellectual'.

BobP

Memri Fan
So now Wenger has said his contract situation and subsequent piss poor showing from the team was linked, what do all those that insisted or still insist it was the fault of the fans, think now?

We'll start with you, @Makingtrax , sir?

Yeah, it never had anything to do with the fans, environment at the Emirates isn't that great even at the best of times.

Nevertheless, I think its outrageous that the players just downed tools because they thought Wenger was leaving. Almost like, 'Oh well, our performances now won't influence our position at this club next season because Wenger won't be around'.

Even then you can hardly blame the players.

I said from the absolute beginning, the higher ups at the club should have been absolutely ****ing explicit

Either:

'We thank Arsène for his distinguished career at the club but we have decided to move on without him starting from next season'

Or

'Arsène is absolutely our man, he will sign a new contract'

It's either one or the other, nothing in between.

From all the sporting franchises/clubs I've observed the rot always starts at the top, and it always ends up filtering down to the players.

Regardless, this situation we find ourselves in isn't surprising when you have an absentee owners who wouldn't know the first thing about football.

Wenger and the current structure of the footballing department is a problem, but it would never have been allowed to devolve into this had the club been administered in a strong and resolute way.

This post devolved into a bit of a rant but **** it.

Godwin1

Very well-known
So now Wenger has said his contract situation and subsequent piss poor showing from the team was linked, what do all those that insisted or still insist it was the fault of the fans, think now?

But I thought Wenger was supposed to be the main draw at Arsenal? Players only sign for Arsenal because of Wenger but he can't get them to play for him in what could have potentially been his last season?

GDeep™

League is very weak
But I thought Wenger was supposed to be the main draw at Arsenal? Players only sign for Arsenal because of Wenger but he can't get them to play for him in what could have potentially been his last season?
Can't get them to play? We're in a FA Cup final and missed CL by a point or two. Issue has been lack of quality from players and manager.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Would love to know how the transfers work at the moment... Not as much for long term targets like Xhaka but the likes of Lucas. Whos involved in identification of targets?

Regardless who identifies the talent the buck stops with Wenger. As he says below.

Wenger said. “It is tough enough to be blamed for decisions you have made. It is difficult to imagine that somebody signs a player that the manager does not know. That never happened to me".

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/09/Arsène-wenger-director-of-football-arsenal

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Something is happening behind the scenes, we just don't know what.

Yeah. Whatever it is, we'll find out the outcome on Saturday evening/ Sunday I'd say.

Wenger better write this memoir he goes on about.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

No idea what this is about. I'm clearly not intelligent enough for the nuances of who said what when why and these subtle interpretations.

And fault for what? Finishing one point of fourth when you're the fourth richest team.

Anyway I'm off on a road trip to Croatia on Monday, hopefully to do some snorkeling. F*** football for a while. After we fluke a win in the FACup hopefully :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Yeah, it never had anything to do with the fans, environment at the Emirates isn't that great even at the best of times.

Nevertheless, I think its outrageous that the players just downed tools because they thought Wenger was leaving. Almost like, 'Oh well, our performances now won't influence our position at this club next season because Wenger won't be around'.

Even then you can hardly blame the players.

I said from the absolute beginning, the higher ups at the club should have been absolutely ****ing explicit

Either:

'We thank Arséne for his distinguished career at the club but we have decided to move on without him starting from next season'

Or

'Arséne is absolutely our man, he will sign a new contract'

It's either one or the other, nothing in between.

From all the sporting franchises/clubs I've observed the rot always starts at the top, and it always ends up filtering down to the players.

Regardless, this situation we find ourselves in isn't surprising when you have an absentee owners who wouldn't know the first thing about football.

Wenger and the current structure of the footballing department is a problem, but it would never have been allowed to devolve into this had the club been administered in a strong and resolute way.

This post devolved into a bit of a rant but **** it.
Prescribing beta blockers, a good ACE inhibiter and a broccoli diet . . should fix your blood pressure Bob.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
No idea what this is about. I'm clearly not intelligent enough for the nuances of who said what when why and these subtle interpretations.

And fault for what? Finishing one point of fourth when you're the fourth richest team.

Anyway I'm off on a road trip to Croatia on Monday, hopefully to do some snorkeling. F*** football for a while. After we fluke a win in the FACup hopefully :lol:

with evasive skills like that, snorkelling is probably your best bet. Just don't take up boxing. ;)

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

with evasive skills like that, snorkelling is probably your best bet. Just don't take up boxing. ;)
Did you expect anything other than an evasive manoeuvre from him?

Guy was born in the wrong era, he would have been excellent at dog fighting. Would have won both world wars singlehandedly and simultaneously.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Did you expect anything other than an evasive manoeuvre from him?

Guy was born in the wrong era, he would have been excellent at dog fighting. Would have won both world war's singlehandedly.
Deluded again. You won't scare off fascists with pit bull mate. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom