• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,022
  • Views 309,616

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I hate the inverted full back and find it unnecessary. You find someone who is a younger and more consistent Jorginho/Partey archetype to play the 6 and handle the buildup so that Ødegaard doesn't have to drop deep. Rice plays the 8 and Timber has the freedom to attack from LB when moments present themselves with Rice covering. Isak starts from a wider position like Thierry used to and then attacks the space created by Havertz drifting. That's one way of playing. We could of course also play him through the middle and bring Havertz off the bench in certain matches as well. What I want are a range of options that make us more difficult to match up against, particularly in the CL knockout stages.

Timber is right footed though. He'll be LB to invert, not be an overlapping full back. I think if we get Isak, it'll be Kai LCM.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
So lets say you sign Bruno and sell Partey. You go Bruno 6, Rice 8, Ødegaard 10. Is that any better than Jorginho 6, Rice 8, Ødegaard 10? From what i've seen, Jorginho is a smarter player than Bruno. The issue with both of them is when they are pressed in numbers, they are in trouble.

Why has Jorginho looked so comfortable against the most aggressive pressing sides in Europe? Liverpool, Bayern in the CL, for examples? TP5 the same later on, despite him being a pressing target for opposition teams? Look at how TP was targeted against Sp**s and United more recently.

Its because our in possession system allow for passing options and combination play to help players get out of trouble, time and time again. The same will be for Guimaraes, and even De Jong if they join us.

I do get your idea of getting Joao Neves in, he would be a massive coup and probably could contribute immediately as well. The price tag however, is the problem.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Timber is right footed though. He'll be LB to invert, not be an overlapping full back. I think if we get Isak, it'll be Kai LCM.

There's nothing reliable to suggest we'll move for Isak, thankfully. We should end the discussion on it.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Why has Jorginho looked so comfortable against the most aggressive pressing sides in Europe? Liverpool, Bayern in the CL, for examples? TP5 the same later on, despite him being a pressing target for opposition teams? Look at how TP was targeted against Sp**s and United more recently.

Its because our in possession system allow for passing options and combination play to help players get out of trouble, time and time again. The same will be for Guimaraes, and even De Jong if they join us.

I do get your idea of getting Joao Neves in, he would be a massive coup and probably could contribute immediately as well. The price tag however, is the problem.

Jorginho has been comfortable because he has a top class footballing brain. Partey because he has the physical attributes and frame to drop a shoulder and lose 2 men. Bruno receiving back to goal = trouble, he's quite cumbersome.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
So you'd play Isak LW? I get the idea but it would only really work if we didn't do the whole inverted full back thing

Isak starts as LW but drifts centrally in game. Its one of the benefits of having rotating forwards like Havertz in the team.

Another wide forward that drifts into CF is Leao. They start out wide, but they are more around CF or that left halfspace in possession.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Isak starts as LW but drifts centrally in game. Its one of the benefits of having rotating forwards like Havertz in the team.

Another wide forward that drifts into CF is Leao. They start out wide, but they are more around CF or that left halfspace in possession.

I like the idea, i just don't see Arteta doing it.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Well first his left foot is very good, not quite as good as Tomi's but he can definitely overlap on that side if the chances present themselves. Even if he were to invert, it doesn't actually prevent us playing exactly how I described. It worked fine with that Ukranian plumber, Martinelli and Xhaka. It would work better with 3 superior players in Timber, Isak and Rice.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Newcastle could very well do a Nottingham here. Them being cheap made them sign Turner cause they didn’t wanna pay for Henderson. 6 months later they regret it and bought another keeper. Pope had two bad shoulder injury and he could very well break down next season see them scramble January for new keeper
Shoulder injuries are no joke, il be suprised to see hum back to his best.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Well first his left foot is very good, not quite as good as Tomi's but he can definitely overlap on that side if the chances present themselves. Even if he were to invert, it doesn't actually prevent us playing exactly how I described. It worked fine with that Ukranian plumber, Martinelli and Xhaka. It would work better with 3 superior players in Timber, Isak and Rice.

I'm not sure it would, its a completely different dynamic. The latter 3 would all be playing in positions they haven't played for most of their career.

Timber looks class on the ball... for a defender. Zinchenko is a midfielder playing in defence, there will be a difference there.

Xhaka is better at threading balls between the lines than Rice, he was also left footed so could overlap Martinelli and put in crosses.

Martinelli is a natural winger, Isak isn't.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Tchouameni's the only one I can see them deeming surplus. Camavinga and Valverde offer far too much for Madrid to part with them.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Tchouameni's the only one I can see them deeming surplus. Camavinga and Valverde offer far too much for Madrid to part with them.

Tchouameni has been favoured in the big games of Cama though, be interesting to see what the CL final line up is.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I'm not sure it would, its a completely different dynamic. The latter 3 would all be playing in positions they haven't played for most of their career.

Timber looks class on the ball... for a defender. Zinchenko is a midfielder playing in defence, there will be a difference there.

Xhaka is better at threading balls between the lines than Rice, he was also left footed so could overlap Martinelli and put in crosses.

Martinelli is a natural winger, Isak isn't.
Martinelli is not a natural winger at all. He's more of a wide forward. Henry was a LW until he was moved centrally. Pires was a midfielder playing on the wing as was Freddie. Saka is not an out and out winger either. Isak has played both wings and ST in his career and nothing I said about how I would envision him operating is the role of a natural winger. It should be clear to you at this point that we don't play with anyone operating as a traditional archetype of their role. They all have certain nuances to their games that make them different to the traditional archetype with the exception of Saliba and Gabriel.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Courtois, Lunin, Kepa
Carvajal, Militao, Alaba, Nacho, Rudiger, Gutierrez, Mendy, Vazquez, Fran Garcia
Jude, Modric, Kroos, Camavinga, Tchouameni, Valverde, Guler
Vinicius, Rodrygo, Mbappe, Joselu, Brahim

If they make more signings then it’s a one in one out policy as they’re at the 25 man squad limit.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
It should be clear to you at this point that we don't play with anyone operating as a traditional archetype of their role. They all have certain nuances to their games that make them different to the traditional archetype with the exception of Saliba and Gabriel.

I feel like our wide players do. They are wide, and they have to track back. I don't always love it, but shape seems to be crucial for Arteta.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Top Bottom