• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,710
  • Views 186,739

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

agree but you know what gonna happen LB is available for him White Gab and Saliba places secured. likely we have to wait for pre season to see what the plans for him also i think he will play part for last 3-4 games of season if he managed to play U21 in these 1-2 weeks.
He will start the season on the bench and be rotating CB

Goonger

Timber is CB. We will never have a season like this with starting CBs being injury free. That’s why timber was bought

We all agree Timber is a CB by trade. However, so is Kiwior. So was Ben White. So is Gvardiol. So while history tells us something about a players position, the reality is often something different. Especially for teams that don’t play the traditional full back systems.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

This isn’t the year to buy a superstar striker, this is the year to buy and develop the next one.
What, so we can still trust/rely on guys like GJ, Nketiah & to some extent Havertz to get us goals? Bloody oath this is the window to now sign a top proper striker! Someone like Osimhen, Gyokeres or Isak etc. Develop a new one going into 2025/26 after next season 2024/25.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We all agree Timber is a CB by trade. However, so is Kiwior. So was Ben White. So is Gvardiol. So while history tells us something about a players position, the reality is often something different.
I’m saying if timber never got injured as soon as either Gabriel or Saliba missed a game. He would step in ahead of kiwior or Ben white. Kiwior and Gvardiol are left footers. Much easier to shift them to left rather than play a right footed CB as left back permanently. He will struggle

Goonger

I’m saying if timber never got injured as soon as either Gabriel or Saliba missed a game. He would step in ahead of kiwior or Ben white. Kiwior and Gvardiol are left footers. Much easier to shift them to left rather than play a right footed CB as left back permanently. He will struggle

Now I don’t necessarily disagree with that. I think he was bought because he has the versatility to cover all along the back line, especially centre back, and his build up for a defender is seen as elite, Arteta has basically said as much when talking about his qualities even recently.

However, the open spot in the team is currently left back, so it is where I see him initially staking his claim. And if does struggle like you suggest, then yeah we’ll probably re evaluate. However, given Zinchenko and Kiwiors struggle at times, perhaps you are correct and we are already re evaluating that position anyway, because as it stands it’s a defo weak spot on the team.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Now I don’t necessarily disagree with that. I think he was bought because he has the versatility to cover all along the back line, especially centre back, and his build up for a defender is seen as elite, Arteta has basically said as much when talking about his qualities even recently.

However, the open spot in the team is currently left back, so it is where I see him initially staking his claim. And if does struggle like you suggest, then yeah we’ll probably re evaluate. However, given Zinchenko and Kiwiors struggle at times, perhaps you are correct and we are already re evaluating that position anyway, because as it stands it’s a defo weak spot on the team.
That’s why I expect the nr 1 priority in the summer being left back. If Arsenal think timber will solve that. I’m sorry but the club will have another trophy less season next one. I don’t think people realise how hard it is to play on a wing as defender with the wrong foot. That’s why you don’t see left footed right backs and vice versa at top level

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

lot of reports about this guy lately but hard to believe Portuguese media just so many made up stories.

Ljonin

Rather test Newcastles resolve on Isak.

Gyökeres feels a bit underwhelming tbh. A big gamble too with the prices being quoted.

How is he more expensive than Nunez?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Timber is CB. We will never have a season like this with starting CBs being injury free. That’s why timber was bought
5 ft 10 CBs?
Looking Excuse Me GIF

lomekian

Essays are my thing
As a blanket statement that's pretty stupid. Timber has played a decent amount at RB and started for us at left back. The whole point of buying a player like him is that he can play any of the defensive positions, can switch between them as game state etc demands, and is totally comfortable inverting from either side or stepping into DM from CB.

Agree we've been very fortunate with CB injuries this year, especially comapared to say Utd, but Timber would have got plenty of time in both full back positions if he kept up his pre-season form.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

HA you know there is 0% chance it would happen

I was going to tag you :lol::lol:

Theories aside I don't see much of an Arteta player there. I am very confident we will opt for another hybrid.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I was going to tag you :lol::lol:

Theories aside I don't see much of an Arteta player there. I am very confident we will opt for another hybrid.
Arteta year 10 when France still the dominant country in football and Arteta has still not signed a brother from there. Some people will say it’s still a theory

Btw if that tweet is true it basically sounds like we gonna sign a backup versatile player and still have no reliable striker

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom