• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 4,715
  • Views 237,614

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Rashford would have to adjust his game a lot to play here, and it’s not just off the ball work rate and defensive discipline.

Firstly, he’s only really ever excelled in a counter attacking team/hoof ball United teams. We face deep blocks 90% of the time so there’s a need for him to adjust there.

Secondly, there is no way Arteta would put him with his constant shot spam.

With the wages and transfer fee involved I can’t see the club sanctioning this.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

70m will do it imo, Tets might see it as an oppurtunity. A change of scenary might help him, like Kai.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This has legs. We lack pace and goals in the attack. Rashford solves both. He'll also work much harder for us, then he does for a flailing United.
This has legs because we know Arteta is very lazy in the transfer window. He wanted mount and then settled for havertz. So Rashford or Toney is next

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Anyway, Rashford is a bit of a cautionary tale when it comes to PR / Media stuff.

From what I've heard there was a big PR push from his guys when it came to all the charitable stuff etc he was involved in, I'm not saying his wish to help wasn't real or anything though.

But supposedly he's a shy lad that doesn't like the limelight off field etc

In this country the media only puts you on a pedestal so they can tear you down later.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Anyway, Rashford is a bit of a cautionary tale when it comes to PR / Media stuff.

From what I've heard there was a big PR push from his guys when it came to all the charitable stuff etc he was involved in, I'm not saying his wish to help wasn't real or anything though.

In this country the media only puts you on a pedestal so they can tear you down later.

Good point, he's a bit too woke.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

This sums up everything you need to know about the media in the country:

The whole Raheem Sterling witch-hunt when he was at City was some of the most pathetic stuff I’ve ever seen. Like who cares how he spends his money or what he does in his spare time. The same goes for Rashford.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football

his skin color makes him a target for the media. England is a broken country.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Learn about football.

spiderman GIF

CannonBals

Depends. It would based on a multiple of what the bottom club earned from TV and other revenue. So if the bottom club earned £100m and the cap was for 5 times that, you wouldn’t be allowed to spend over £500m on wages, amortised transfer fees and agent fees.

Based on this season, Chelsea are the only team that would be over the cap if they used a factor of 5:
View attachment 23951

City would be on the edge, but we’d still have some breathing room

This doesn't concern us. This only affects those clubs for when Broadcast revenue share in total revenue is less than 20% (if factor of 5 is used). Our commercial revenue is not great. This affects City/United as they have huge commercial revenue and thus they votes against.

For us the current FFP itself would be more restrictive.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
This sums up everything you need to know about the media in the country:

The whole Raheem Sterling witch-hunt when he was at City was some of the most pathetic stuff I’ve ever seen. Like who cares how he spends his money or what he does in his spare time. The same goes for Rashford.

Well yeah, can't deny there is a racial component to it.

I do think as well that particularly the right wing media would have their knives out for any celebrity that is successfully drawing attention to issues of the lower classes / poverty. They don't tend to like stuff like that being put under the microscope.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom