• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,139
  • Views 265,271

Wiltord's left boot

Arsenal were in title race in 2016 and in CL in 2017 so there is nothing special there. The only difference is Wenger didn't have 600 million to spend.

Market value is important especially now when the club is looking to sell the likes of Ramsdale and jesus. One yr ago you could sell Ramsdale for 60/70 million but now the most he can go for is 30 million
You mean 2016 when f**king Leicester won the league…not the greatest ever PL team in City…?

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Everyone wants a starting winger with the assumption Trossard will likely be on the way out, or way down the pecking order.

Has the last month changed that? Should it be Martinelli we look to offload? Or do we think Mikel will simply sign a Saka back up?
I’m not sure the last month have changed it for me necessarily but I think if you’re looking to sign a starting LW then the sound thing to do is to sell Martinelli as he should fetch more money. Trossard is a very good bench option and has been almost the definition of a clutch player for us since he came in last season.

For me it’s more important to have quality backup options for Saka and Øde than to have a new starting winger. The drop in quality of either of them are out is just too much of a risk to carry and the upside of even a world class winger I don’t think is enough to make up for it.

Kuroske

Klopp has won every trophy possible with Liverpool. Reach Champions league final 3 times .While Arteta has won nothing except an fa cup in five yrs even after spending £600 million
Klopp was already an experienced coach before Liverpool and Arteta was a rookie coach with Arsenal as his first head coach job. And do you think Klopp can win the champions league with Holding and Luiz in the team?

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Arteta absolutely hates cross field diagonals and switches of play, so we actually don’t know if they’re good at them or not because everybody is discouraged from attempting them.

Source: Declan Rice in the recent Athletic in-depth tactical analysis of his play and transition from West Ham to Arsenal.

And like @Gooner Zig said, Saliba is an exquisite and deft passer. Our players are just coached to attempt the passes that suit our system, not just the ones that look the best or appear to be good but don’t actually offer a tactical advantage.
Cross field diags are great when your wingers are afforded space. Unfortunately, we've become so good and our wingers so clearly a primary source of threat that many opposition teams set up specifically to deny us that option.

Also for all Saka's excellence he isn't Salah quick or Haaland strong, which you need to be to exploit such delivery regularly in a dominant team, unless its to an overloading midfielder pushing wide or wing back

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Cross field diags are great when your wingers are afforded space. Unfortunately, we've become so good and our wingers so clearly a primary source of threat that many opposition teams set up specifically to deny us that option.

Also for all Saka's excellence he isn't Salah quick or Haaland strong, which you need to be to exploit such delivery regularly in a dominant team, unless its to an overloading midfielder pushing wide or wing back

What order of position would you prioritise our summer business?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

No surprise after he saw Cedric get more chances than him. Hopefully he have successful career looked good player
I knew he was going as there was no noise around him at all and he had clearly started to wane in u21 matches. Shame really but even with his ability, in hindsight he never stood a chance.
Eyes on Cozier-Duberry next, the rumours are that Newcastle are in advanced talks and that they want him in the 1st team squad.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Calling it now.

When Madrid sign Mbappe to play up top with Vini Jr next season, this guy is coming here to star on the left hand side for us alongside his Brazilian buddies already here...

w640xh480_GettyImages-1488343105.jpg

Riou

Calling it now.

When Madrid sign Mbappe to play up top with Vini Jr next season, this guy is coming here to star on the left hand side for us...

w640xh480_GettyImages-1488343105.jpg

We have a decent relationship with Madrid too...

4993b140cb43cae6be3c329e2eb7facb.jpg

...just watch this space is all I am saying :eyess:

Riou

Huh.....of course he will start. Mbappe will start at striker.

Vini. Mbappe. Rodrygo

No way you can start this front 3 and Bellingham, no balance....one of those 4 will have to be benched.

Let me cook!

Riou

I don't care, I am gonna will Rodrygo to Arsenal into existence similarly like this...

lBSNhX.gif

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom