• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Benjamin Sesko

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Suspect he’ll be coming in to take Eddies role in the squad, with the idea to develop into a first 11 player.

Do we reckon we can bring him and a wide player in?

Havertz, Sesko, Saka, Martinelli, Trossard, Jesus is a bit overkill in the forward department.
Jesus is the real stumbling block in this scenario. If he was playing at his best we wouldn’t need more than 1 signing in the attack.

But instead, he has this knee surgery situation looming over his head so we have to keep him and he takes a squad position on really high wages.

Only way around it is Sesko/CF and Olise for me, as Olise only takes the right side (which is barren) and also adds value in Ødegaard’s position.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It's not overkill 6 players for 3 positions is the minimum number also these options you can depend on and rotate it's better than having Nelson or Eddie come from bench doing nothing also Mikel lost all trust in them.
Yes but his question is because if we sign a winger on top of a CF, it’s 7 players for 3 positions.

StefanB

Jesus is the real stumbling block in this scenario. If he was playing at his best we wouldn’t need more than 1 signing in the attack.

But instead, he has this knee surgery situation looming over his head so we have to keep him and he takes a squad position on really high wages.

Only way around it is Sesko/CF and Olise for me, as Olise only takes the right side (which is barren) and also adds value in Ødegaard’s position.
Olise won't come in to be Saka's understudy, and he won't displace Saka so there's no way this happens.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Olise ain’t going to come to watch Saka and Ødegaard be run into the ground.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Agree on GJ, it’s a shame about his injury because he provides excellent backup to Saka on the right.

The issue with bringing in a right winger is that they won’t get a game here, Saka is unstoppable and will play every game.

TornadoTed

Established Member
6 players 3 positions is not enough. There is more CL games next season. I would hope we won’t get knocked out of both cups straight away and Arteta actually improve his cup competition record. Also Jesus has missed over 20 games both seasons he has been here and I sure as hell wouldn’t count on Martinelli to find his form

Havertz
Sesko
Jesus
Saka
Martinelli
Trossard
Nico William or another winger

This should be minimum if you wanna compete with city. Another thing is there is a euro and coppa being played. Season with international competition means the season after there is more injuries as a lot of players didn’t have break. We will never have the season we had now in long time with so little injuries
I think it depends massively on who the players are.

For example City only have Haaland, Grealish, Doku, Alvarez, Foden and Bobb and compete just fine on 4 fronts? They have proven that it isn't necessarily about quantity, quality and having robust players who are always available works just as well.

Seven or eight players isn't enough if they are injured 50% of the time like Jesus but as City have proven five and a youngster (Bobb) is plenty if they are fit and available the majority of the time.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I quite like the look of this kid & would take him as Eddie replacement in a hearbeat.
However I should imagine he won't come cheap & there will be a lot of clubs interested due to lack of proven no 9s.

With current prices at around £50m is probably ok but may not be enough?

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I think it depends massively on who the players are.

For example City only have Haaland, Grealish, Doku, Alvarez, Foden and Bobb and compete just fine on 4 fronts? They have proven that it isn't necessarily about quantity, quality and having robust players who are always available works just as well.

Seven or eight players isn't enough if they are injured 50% of the time like Jesus but as City have proven five and a youngster (Bobb) is plenty if they are fit and available the majority of the time.
You forgot Bernardo Silva. That's 6 & Bobb

*I know what you are saying tho ;)

TornadoTed

Established Member
You forgot Bernardo Silva. That's 6 & Bobb

*I know what you are saying tho ;)
I counted Silva as a midfielder but yes of course he is very competent out wide too. That is why someone like Simons or Olise who are best in midfield but can play out wide if needed is appealing over someone like Guimaraes for me.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I counted Silva as a midfielder but yes of course he is very competent out wide too. That is why someone like Simons or Olise who are best in midfield but can play out wide if needed is appealing over someone like Guimaraes for me.
Yup, same here. They would actually play, unlike Viera or ESR.

Either would be ideal for us.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yup, same here. They would actually play, unlike Viera or ESR.

Either would be ideal for us.
Why would they? Arteta is not a rotator and there is big chance the club spends big on them and he just doesn’t play them. I mean we spent 40 million on vieira and he has no use for him

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Why would they? Arteta is not a rotator and there is big chance the club spends big on them and he just doesn’t play them. I mean we spent 40 million on vieira and he has no use for him
He doesn't rotate cos he doesn't rate or trust the other options. Eddie, Nelson, Viera, ESR.

He does rotate in positions he has better players in. Ie Jorg & TP (when fit). LB he has rotated lots. Left wing he has rotated lots.

That's why we are open to selling those players who don't play so we can improve our squad.

It's not difficult mate.

CannonBals

He doesn't rotate cos he doesn't rate or trust the other options. Eddie, Nelson, Viera, ESR.

He does rotate in positions he has better players in. Ie Jorg & TP (when fit). LB he has rotated lots. Left wing he has rotated lots.

That's why we are open to selling those players who don't play so we can improve our squad.

It's not difficult mate.

Nope that is not how he works (atleast currently).

If we get a new player, if the player we got is better than the current player he then plays all the time and the older player is relegated to the bench.
Trossard was a bit part player it was only when Martinelli was just not performing he moved to Trossard.

Arteta always selects the best players he has available all the time. That is not how rotation works. He has to make conscious effort to make sure other players have enough minutes so that players dont overburn and also if someone gets injured there is someone who is already up to pace to puck that spot.

Viera/ESR should have definitely seen much more minutes. They are not as bad to not even get a look in.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Nope that is not how he works (atleast currently).

If we get a new player, if the player we got is better than the current player he then plays all the time and the older player is relegated to the bench.
Trossard was a bit part player it was only when Martinelli was just not performing he moved to Trossard.

Arteta always selects the best players he has available all the time. That is not how rotation works. He has to make conscious effort to make sure other players have enough minutes so that players dont overburn and also if someone gets injured there is someone who is already up to pace to puck that spot.

Viera/ESR should have definitely seen much more minutes. They are not as bad to not even get a look in.

This is my concern tbh. We keep talking about building the squad. But rotation is a conscious effort from the manager. Right now his approach kills any value the bench players have. Only 3 positions has been rotated LB, DM and LW. If Arteta gets his players in that position we will see similar thing we seen this season. 8 of our starters will end up with 35 or more league appearances

Only 2 for Man City will reach 35 league games.

Gn1212

It's not difficult mate.
It's worth pointing that early in the season he was rotating quite a bit.
We then had a an injury crisis around winter time(on top of Partey and Timber) with our backup players which really forced us to use essentially the same team for about 2-3 months.

By the time our players came back we were already in the last stretch into the season and out of both cups. Opportunities to really rotate weren't there as a slip would pretty much end out title hopes.

Even so, he did rotate quite a bit against Luton Town at the Emirates but that was the last time.

Apart from that, he kept it minimal. Usually by rotating LW and ST between Martinelli, Jesus, Trossard and Havertz, and LB between Kiwior, Zinchenko and Tomiyasu.

And even in that case, people are still mad that he dared "change" what was working against Villa. Yet the same people ask for more rotation. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

TornadoTed

Established Member
It's amazing how many threads come back to the the age old question! Why doesn't Mik rotate, through choice or because he doesn't trust the backups?

We may finally find out after this Summers window when you would have thought the squad building process will be near complete.

It's amazing how many threads come back to the the age old question! Why doesn't Mik rotate, through choice or because he doesn't trust the backups?

We may finally find out after this Summers window when you would have thought the squad building process will be near complete.

Squad building is never complete.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom