• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Benjamin Sesko

Bloodbather

Established Member

Look at it this way

Havertz positives are:
-Actually stays in the box more often than Jesus, roams less unlike Jesus attracted to the ball like moth to flame.
-has a physical presence that actually keeps defenders occupied unlike Jesus
-makes good runs.
-Can win duels against defenders, hold up because he's big.

Havertz weakness:
-weak shot
-poor finishing (still scored at a decent clip when moved to cf second half of the season. Probably touches 20 goals had he started out as cf at the beginning of the season. Hell we probably win the league with him at cf and not Jesus.)
-rarely shoots with his weak foot.

Everything I've seen from Sesko says he has none of Havertz weaknesses. Has all his strengths and is flat out faster/more athletic.

BRING HIM TO THE CARPET IMMEDIATELY.
Šeško's link up game is nowhere near Havertz. He has potential, but it's not there yet. His off the ball game isn't yet close to Havertz, either. It's solid, but Havertz's is exceptionally good.

I like Šeško and I mentioned him as my preferred CF target months ago (although I'd rather spend big on a wing forward instead), but let's not overhype the player and make him out to be something he isn't. He'd come here to be a rotational player initially.

Mudi

That is a great comparison actually. Dzeko was very underrated as a striker.
Especially as a second option. Dzeko was crucial for City when they were chasing goals and they needed strength upfront when Aguero was coming short.

I really like the idea of having Havertz and Sesko as striker options ...

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I can see this kid has some interesting attributes but ny question to people gagging for him is why you want a 20 year old project when it's very clear that we need players ready to win the PL and challenge for the CL right now.

Havertz, for all of his growing pains and how awful Chelsea were domestically came to us having beaten City in a CL final scoring the winning goal. He was ready to compete for trophies because he's already won the biggest club trophy. Rice had just won a little European trinket with West Ham.

Anyone we buy needs to be either PL proven, have a winning pedigree elsewhere or be such a clear uber talent that you can reasonably bet they'll hit the ground running. We have to be targeting 95 points next season. I don't know that we get there with this kid as a marquee signing.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I can see this kid has some interesting attributes but ny question to people gagging for him is why you want a 20 year old project when it's very clear that we need players ready to win the PL and challenge for the CL right now.

Havertz, for all of his growing pains and how awful Chelsea were domestically came to us having beaten City in a CL final scoring the winning goal. He was ready to compete for trophies because he's already won the biggest club trophy. Rice had just won a little European trinket with West Ham.

Anyone we buy needs to be either PL proven, have a winning pedigree elsewhere or be such a clear uber talent that you can reasonably bet they'll hit the ground running. We have to be targeting 95 points next season. I don't know that we get there with this kid as a marquee signing.
I agree with a lot of your points, but he wouldn't be the marquee signing. Or, well if he is then that's a huge failure on the club's part

Batman

I agree with a lot of your points, but he wouldn't be the marquee signing. Or, well if he is then that's a huge failure on the club's part
I guess my point is that the kind of player that really improves us is going to cost so much that I don't see how we have the money left for a project if that makes sense. We need to be looking at making Rice level signings and we know they're not cheap.

Wiltord's left boot

I guess my point is that the kind of player that really improves us is going to cost so much that I don't see how we have the money left for a project if that makes sense. We need to be looking at making Rice level signings and we know they're not cheap.
And who is that player in your opinion? Because I’m really struggling to see who we could realistically get that ticks all the boxes that you mentioned.

Batman

And who is that player in your opinion? Because I’m really struggling to see who we could realistically get that ticks all the boxes that you mentioned.
I'm very clear that whether Newcastle want to sell or not, we should be tapping Isak up and trying to take him from them. If not him, a player like Leao or someone of that ilk. I want an elite wide forward who can also play up front and operate off the shoulder with genuine pace and trickery to give us that element of danger that we're missing in transitions. Look at what Vini can do for Madrid when nothing else is working. I want that sort of player. Now whether you think those transfers are realistic or not is obviously up for debate but if you told people this time last year that City would put 95 million on the table for Rice and we'd put down 105 and get him that would have been called unrealistic. We need to be ambitious. We've got the best young project in Europe, Champions League football with a great manager, in a great city and our signings should reflect that.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

That type of thinking is why we missed out on Isaak though isn't it? Also who are these elite forwards who have won trophies that are available? For me Sesko looks like the best ball striker that's available, he also looks to have the best combination of height, strength and pace. It sounds like his link up play let's him down but the footage of him dribbling looks pretty impressive for a man his size. Also imagine how rotten we'll feel if he goes to Chelsea and smashes 25 goals next season or the season after.

Batman

That type of thinking is why we missed out on Isaak though isn't it? Also who are these elite forwards who have won trophies that are available? For me Sesko looks like the best ball striker that's available, he also looks to have the best combination of height, strength and pace. It sounds like his link up play let's him down but the footage of him dribbling looks pretty impressive for a man his size. Also imagine how rotten we'll feel if he goes to Chelsea and smashes 25 goals next season or the season after.
Isak was a more developed player with a bigger resume. He also is a more versatile player who can play wide or central equally well and the biggest step in his development took place with our captain feeding him. I'm fine with signing Sesko if we sign more certain things in midfield and out wide first. I do not like the idea of gambling on a 20 year old project and relying on him when we need players who can bed in immediately to ensure we can match City. We're not at the same table we were at 2 summers ago. The standards have changed.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Sesko is already a better striker than Havertz. He is the best striker in the world under 21

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Isak was a more developed player with a bigger resume. He also is a more versatile player who can play wide or central equally well and the biggest step in his development took place with our captain feeding him. I'm fine with signing Sesko if we sign more certain things in midfield and out wide first. I do not like the idea of gambling on a 20 year old project and relying on him when we need players who can bed in immediately to ensure we can match City. We're not at the same table we were at 2 summers ago. The standards have changed.

I think we most need a starting midfielder most who can progress the ball, create while having ball winning ability. With strikers I don't like any of the big money ones like Osimhen, doesn't really do it for me. I don't think we can get Isaak either. Sesko looks like he has more potential than both players. I don't think either of them are elite and there's basically no elite options

We already have Havertz who's record as a 9 is great for us at the moment.

Batman

I think we most need a starting midfielder most who can progress the ball, create while having ball winning ability. With strikers I don't like any of the big money ones like Osimhen, doesn't really do it for me. I don't think we can get Isaak either. Sesko looks like he has more potential than both players. I don't think either of them are elite and there's basically no elite options

We already have Havertz who's record as a 9 is great for us at the moment.
I think we should be testing PSG for Xavi Simons. He's young but he is so clearly going to be a star and I think he'd fit in perfectly as he can operate on the wing as well. I agree with you on the profile of the midfielder we need, that would be my priority along with a winger with genuinely game changing pace and trickery. Those are bigger priorities to me because of how well Havertz has done since being moved to CF full time.

Bloodbather

Established Member

For me it's Leão and Kvara. Milan took a step back this season so Leão might be open to leaving now, and Napoli failed to qualify for Europe.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
He has really grown into the season, but speaks for his football intelligence that he adapted better and better with every game.

What @SA Gunner said is the thing I like the most about him, he strikes the ball so cleanly. Doesn't matter if the ball is on the ground or in the air due to this briliant athleticism. Very clever positioning in the box too.

Still I don't see Sesko doing all the work which is Kai doing every game. Have seen many Leipzig games and haven't noticed him for most of the time and then out of nothing he gives you a goal. Could obviously work differently in our system and is a huge improvement to have him in the squad compared to Eddie, but I don't think he will replace Kai in the near future.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
For me it's Leão and Kvara. Milan took a step back this season so Leão might be open to leaving now, and Napoli failed to qualify for Europe.
There’s no doubting these would be exciting signings!

I was a big admirer of Kvaradona just before he blew up last season, and it looks like he had a comparatively poor season but I would still be more than happy to bring him in.

Same goes for Leao, would be intrigued to bring him in for the right price.

Only downside of these 2 signings is that they will cost a bomb and will be somewhat risky coming from Italy.

If let’s say Neto was not injury prone I would prefer him just because of the PL experience. It’s so valuable…

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Looks a good signing this, tbf... though does he prefer Ben or Benjamin?

Cause if it's the latter, then him and White may not get on...who gets the first name rights...

tenor.gif

Tomb Bombadil

I'm very clear that whether Newcastle want to sell or not, we should be tapping Isak up and trying to take him from them. If not him, a player like Leao or someone of that ilk. I want an elite wide forward who can also play up front and operate off the shoulder with genuine pace and trickery to give us that element of danger that we're missing in transitions. Look at what Vini can do for Madrid when nothing else is working. I want that sort of player. Now whether you think those transfers are realistic or not is obviously up for debate but if you told people this time last year that City would put 95 million on the table for Rice and we'd put down 105 and get him that would have been called unrealistic. We need to be ambitious. We've got the best young project in Europe, Champions League football with a great manager, in a great city and our signings should reflect that.
Yes but there is one big question behind his injury record: Alexander Isak - Injury history

Should we pay that much money? Not sure. At the moment I would rather spend the money for a CM and less for the striker, because not so many top options.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Top Bottom